Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Future of the Heineken Cup In Doubt?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I can understand two concerns I'd have if I was French, top class refs should be learning French and / or Italian, its been a long running problem that they get refs with ludicrous accents that even some native English speakers struggle to understand. The second is there has been a fair few long bans against French based players for stuff that is tolerated in their league. Not sure what we can do about the second as its violent conduct
    My computer thinks I'm gay
    What's the difference anyway
    When all the people do all day
    Is stare into a phone

    Comment


      Any club outside the Top 14, perhaps.

      Comment


        Originally posted by sewa View Post
        I can understand two concerns I'd have if I was French, top class refs should be learning French and / or Italian, its been a long running problem that they get refs with ludicrous accents that even some native English speakers struggle to understand. The second is there has been a fair few long bans against French based players for stuff that is tolerated in their league. Not sure what we can do about the second as its violent conduct
        It doesn't help when a current English international gets a suspension of x minus one weeks (where x is the time between the offence and the next England game) for the same offence for which a French player gets three months.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Piquet View Post
          Any club outside the Top 14, perhaps.
          The LNR is the top 14, and the Pro D2 plus a few Professional club in Fédérale.So the question is, would do you pay to see Munster against a non-Professional side? :_jawdrop__rvmp_by_b

          Comment


            Of course I would.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Jos View Post
              The LNR is the top 14, and the Pro D2 plus a few Professional club in Fédérale.So the question is, would do you pay to see Munster against a non-Professional side? :_jawdrop__rvmp_by_b
              Yep.
              To The Brave And The Faithful, Nothing Is Unpublishable.

              Comment


                Originally posted by sewa View Post
                I can understand two concerns I'd have if I was French, top class refs should be learning French and / or Italian, its been a long running problem that they get refs with ludicrous accents that even some native English speakers struggle to understand. The second is there has been a fair few long bans against French based players for stuff that is tolerated in their league. Not sure what we can do about the second as its violent conduct
                The long bans are not specifically the problem but the differences between the sanction. We are always heavily banned and your players always come back in time for the big games.

                Comment


                  Jos, I am a bit surprised with your comment that 'We dislike the H-Cup in France'.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                    Of course I would.
                    I don't think a lot of neutral person would. You will always win by more than 70 points. And they would have a lot of injuries risk for the player.

                    Comment


                      The thing is, Jos, as sewa stated above, you rarely hear of a gouging case involving English or Celtic players. It is more often a French or Argentine player quite often playing in the French League that is involved.

                      Gouging seems to be more acceptable in France than elsewhere.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Jos View Post
                        I don't think a lot of neutral person would. You will always win by more than 70 points. And they would have a lot of injuries risk for the player.
                        There are very few neutrals in Thomond Park when Munster play.

                        Comment


                          The French clubs are part of the problem with their big sugar daddies. They should be limited to 4 non frenchies per team. That would make the Heineken Cup fairer.
                          Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
                          http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Jos View Post
                            The long bans are not specifically the problem but the differences between the sanction. We are always heavily banned and your players always come back in time for the big games.
                            I can understand the frustration, is this the way to deal with it? Why not work to improve the system from within the tent, rather than being outside pissing in
                            My computer thinks I'm gay
                            What's the difference anyway
                            When all the people do all day
                            Is stare into a phone

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post
                              The French clubs are part of the problem with their big sugar daddies. They should be limited to 4 non frenchies per team. That would make the Heineken Cup fairer.
                              Pure rubbish from you as usual. Its a business, you cannot break European law
                              My computer thinks I'm gay
                              What's the difference anyway
                              When all the people do all day
                              Is stare into a phone

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
                                Jos, I am a bit surprised with your comment that 'We dislike the H-Cup in France'.
                                It's a quite true. We only watch the big games, and only if a french team plays.If you ask fans, they'll prefer wining the Top 14 to the H-Cup (exept maybe the Toulousains, because they can claim they're the team in Europe)It exist since 1892. In France we all have that kind of memory when we think about our championship:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfPFPOP9E6g

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X