Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Future of the Heineken Cup In Doubt?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting chat on RTE2 now Conor O'Shea saying the money is wrong, qualification should be 6, 6 and 6. he doesn't "buy this development" argument. he says the Scots have made their own beds and can lie in it. Lenihan says " Who will ref? what about disciplinary matters?" there's an easy solution keep 24 teams 7+7+7 there has to be one Italian and one Scottish team. Horgan wants to know why has it been left to this late.

People need to go into a room and discuss it. Egos need to be put to one side. says COS, "Donal should do it"
    Last edited by Piquet; 14th-September-2013, 17:07.

Comment

Will no Heineken Cup make the Rabo(or whatever its called next year) stronger?
      "I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun you."

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
        Jos: Statut 7 (p.39), Statut 11 (p.57), Reglement 13 (p.227) Reglement 16 (p.237).http://www.irb.com/mm/Document/About...nueldelIRB.pdf
        Interesting but it mainly concerns the relationships between the IRB and the FFR.Only Regulation 13 allow the FFR to prevent competition to take place in France, but as I said, the FFR has already given all authority and competence to LNR to lead the Professional rugby.The only thing, the FFR could do, is to send teams of non-Professional rugbymen.

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick View Post
          The IRB can stop the tournament too. And if it does go ahead what the IRB can do is lengthen the period of that club players have to be released for international rugby. Thats just 1 thing. They can limit the number of games players play per season.
          Yes IRB could stop the tournament. But what would be its legal reasons, other than we dislike it?On the other side, we could split from the IRB, like Rugby League before. For sure that would be a good news for the finances of the IRB.
          The FFR may or may not be able to stop the clubs but they could always set up a few regional sides. It sounds unlikely but professional rugby isn't that old and things are changing fast.
          Yes like I said, it's a possibility. But would you paid to see your team against on-Professional sides? Nobody would pay to see it in France. And Professional rugby isn't new in France.
          If the H-Cup isn't loved in France I'd hate to see what the French think of an Anglo French competition. I doubt it would last long.
          We dislike the H-Cup in France because we believe it's poorly organized, unfair in the selection process. And especially because we believe that refereeing and sporting sanctions are not impartial. (True or not is another debate) This is not even a matter of money for us.And the real question is rather will you last long?
          As for the Pro 12 teams. We could have more international matches to make up the loss of the H-Cup. Maybe a rugby championship style, home and away tournament involving Ireland, Wales, Italy and Scotland. That would be a far greater threat to the FFR and RFU than their clubs.
          Yes it would be a problem for FFR, but not for the LNR.
          The South Africans have just signed an agreement to have a 6th team in Super rugby. Also their rugby season is different so theres no fear of them joining up for a long time.
          The South Africans are engaged into the Super 15 until 2015. But nothing has been signed after that date.

Comment

Originally posted by Jos View Post
            Interesting but it mainly concerns the relationships between the IRB and the FFR.Only Regulation 13 allow the FFR to prevent competition to take place in France, but as I said, the FFR has already given all authority and competence to LNR to lead the Professional rugby.The only thing, the FFR could do, is to send teams of non-Professional rugbymen.
            No. 16.2.5 on

Edit: on reflection, though, if you lot heading off means we never have to be reffed by Poite again, adieu, mes amis, et bonne chance!
            Last edited by Thomond78; 14th-September-2013, 18:02.
            Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

No. 16.2.5 onEdit: on reflection, though, if you lot heading off means we never have to be reffed by Poite again, adieu, mes amis, et bonne chance!
              No.16.2.5: it say a "composite" team.And no. 16.2.6: the definition of composite team: a team which isn't a club team or a national team.Our teams are club team. So it does not concern us.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardP View Post
                Arguing Treviso v Connacht is like arguing Yaris v Fiat 500. It isn't the defining issue here.
                Its a defining issue in the argument that certain countries "have " to be involved which is bull**** in my view
                I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

No.16.2.5: it say a "composite" team.And no. 16.2.6: the definition of composite team: a team which isn't a club team or a national team.Our teams are club team. So it does not concern us.
                  It means you can't come up with new teams to work around.

Now keep reading. 16.2.7.

And remember that the CEO in question said yesterday the IRB want the Heineken Cup to continue and EVERYONE to go back negotiating and compromise.

Comment

It means you can't come up with new teams to work around.Now keep reading. 16.2.7. And remember that the CEO in question said yesterday the IRB want the Heineken Cup to continue and EVERYONE to go back negotiating and compromise.
                    Like I said the FFR signed an agreement granting full powers to organize professional competitions to the LNR. Therefore the FFR is unlikely able to oppose it. That leaves the RFU. You really think before their World Cup, it'll go to war with the PRL just to help the Celts Union?And for the CEO's statement it's quite normal. We have an expression in French: "ménager la chèvre et le choux" (to sit on the fence)

Comment

Like I said the FFR signed an agreement granting full powers to organize professional competitions to the LNR. Therefore the FFR is unlikely able to oppose it. That leaves the RFU. You really think before their World Cup, it'll go to war with the PRL just to help the Celts Union?And for the CEO's statement it's quite normal. We have an expression in French: "ménager la chèvre et le choux" (to sit on the fence)
                      Prior, binding, agreement with the IRB, also binding on the LNR. Statut 7. Under English law - Statut 11. And any court order on foot of that will be recognised under EU law.

The guys running this learnt how to shut down rebellions.

Comment

Jos,
                        J'ai lu les regles avec soin. Monsieur Thomond78 a raison.

Comment

Originally posted by Leargas View Post
                          Jos,
                          J'ai lu les regles avec soin. Monsieur Thomond78 a raison.
                          Ok, that's the best argument i've read.:_D_rvmp_by_bad_bloo

Comment

Prior, binding, agreement with the IRB, also binding on the LNR. Statut 7. Under English law - Statut 11. And any court order on foot of that will be recognised under EU law. The guys running this learnt how to shut down rebellions.
                            That's let two possibility if the IRB refuse the new competition. No competition at all, and it wouldn't help you.Or F... IRB!

Comment

That's let two possibility if the IRB refuse the new competition. No competition at all, and it wouldn't help you.Or F... IRB!
                              No Jos, there is always the option of continuing the HC with the RFU and the FFR nominating teams to fill the positions vacated by the PLR and the LNR teams.

Comment

Which team? FFR doesn't have money and the power to sign players in France. That's OUR law in France.

Comment

Working...
                                X