Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Future of the Heineken Cup In Doubt?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
    If it was credible, they'd be offered concessions by the WRU. It's not.

Yeah, they play in a cross-border competition with the consent of the relevant bodies. They're looking to play in a cross-border competition without consent.
    remember the context of my post.... a judge asking the wru, why allow it then and not now.

Comment

Why because they are legally bound to provide teams to the Pro 12 not the AP Any team playing in Wales against the AP would affect the financial viability of A team playing in the Pro 12

Thus it would not be viable for Welsh regional teams to play in two leagues

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post
        Yes it will because it is the unions.
        jackie, it's not really the reduction in rabo quality that worries me most, it's that an anglo welsh tie up makes a pan european tournament less likely. and it's that, that we cannot do without.

Comment

Originally posted by rumncoke View Post
          Why because they are legally bound to provide teams to the Pro 12 not the AP Any team playing in Wales against the AP would affect the financial viability of A team playing in the Pro 12

Thus it would not be viable for Welsh regional teams to play in two leagues
          the financial viability of the situation would be of no concern to a judge. the market decides the commerical viability of something, not a judge.

Comment

Originally posted by hellovating View Post
            jackie, it's not really the reduction in rabo quality that worries me most, it's that an anglo welsh tie up makes a pan european tournament less likely. and it's that, that we cannot do without.
            Anglo welsh tie up won't happen. Quite apparent the WRU won't sanction it.
            Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
            http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

remember the context of my post.... a judge asking the wru, why allow it then and not now.
              Because they're allowed to decide what to allow and what not to allow.

Comment

Exactly its the WRUs jurisdiction. Without them no rugby in Wales. The RRW are playing poker with a hand completely ****e hand. Idiots.
                Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
                http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

The judge has to decide was the decision justified in the circumstances
                  Whether the WRU are in breach of Contract or the Regions
                  The apparent order of the actions of the parties could be the deciding factor ie the Regions were aware that the ERC meeting was to take place but prior to that meeting had discussions with the PRL and backed the RRC and failed to attend the meeting which could be perceived as the initial breach and each action thereafter is the result of that action and every statement of the RRW and action has been to justify that action by adopting a negative approach to any negotiation by the WRU which has undermined the ability of WRU to meet the demands they the Regions have made.

They have been the authors of their own fate.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                    Because they're allowed to decide what to allow and what not to allow.
                    why did a judge decide welsh football couldn't decide what's allowed and what's not allowed regarding newport county?

because the law trumps sporting orgs regulations each and every time.

folks, if the regions had no chance, this would be all over a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by rumncoke View Post
                      The judge has to decide was the decision justified in the circumstances
                      Whether the WRU are in breach of Contract or the Regions
                      the regions and wru have no contract. it ends in june and renewal today was declined.
                      Last edited by hellovating; 1st-January-2014, 01:52.

Comment

i'm off to bed folks, i'll just leave you with this..... i believe an anglo welsh comp with the 4 welsh regions is far more likely, credible and commercially viable than any ire/sco/ita/wal tournament containing new north, east and west wales regions.

that said, my money isn't on either happening. still hopeful of a proper euro club cup.

Comment

wow, what a rock the irfu position is.

i think they have agreed to it since. in the meeting camou walked out of.
                          Firstly, the Celtalians are in a very weak position without French help.

Secondly, they only rejected the FIRA proposal, nothing else has been accepted. Show where it is otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Point View Post
                            Firstly, the Celtalians are in a very weak position without French help.

Secondly, they only rejected the FIRA proposal, nothing else has been accepted. Show where it is otherwise.
                            first report i found. it was all over the media about 3 weeks ago.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/25382232

why wouldn't the irfu agree to six nations governance? it's union only!!! the reason the prl agreed is to unlock the bt money by it not being the erc. the deal obviously shafts sky.

Comment

why did a judge decide welsh football couldn't decide what's allowed and what's not allowed regarding newport county?

because the law trumps sporting orgs regulations each and every time.

folks, if the regions had no chance, this would be all over a long time ago.
                              Because a Welsh sporting organisation cannot tell a team under the purview of the English organisation to leave that organisation. They can, however, block a team under the purview of their own organisation from defecting to a rival organisation.

To make a very, very imperfect corollary - the Irish government cannot unilaterally decide that Derry is to become a part of the Republic of Ireland. They can, on the other hand, block Louth from unilaterally joining the UK.
                              Last edited by whimpersnap; 1st-January-2014, 02:39.

Comment

first report i found. it was all over the media about 3 weeks ago.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/25382232

why wouldn't the irfu agree to six nations governance? it's union only!!! the reason the prl agreed is to unlock the bt money by it not being the erc. the deal obviously shafts sky.
                                That can be discounted. Written by Ian Robertson, there's no backup to it, and could have referred to the end of October.

Comment

Working...
                                X