Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Future of the Heineken Cup In Doubt?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
    I note, however, no mention that LNR won't be playing because the English aren't. When's the LNR/FFR accord being published? ;)

    Camou will call it CRE (coupe de rugby européenne), and Goze will have his victory. After that, the accord will be published in triumph by Goze. ;)
    He should follow the advice Camou gave him :"shut up"

    Comment


      Originally posted by Jos View Post
      Camou will call it CRE (coupe de rugby européenne), and Goze will have his victory. After that, the accord will be published in triumph by Goze. ;)
      He should follow the advice Camou gave him :"shut up"
      Between that and Canal+, he'd better make the most of the new stationery. ;)
      Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

      Comment


        NRL still threatens the European Cup


        Turnaround in the long series of European Rugby Cup. French and English are sticking to the same positions. While the club presidents had agreed to play in the Heineken Cup prochaione season, Paul Goze, president of Rugby League has threatened to finally not participate if certain claims that the change of name of ERC are not applied. "That the entire platform - we have requested and for which we have an agreement - should be enforced, the ERC changes name and governance to be modified too, warns former President of the USAP. If the folder does not advance in this direction, there will be no European Cup with the English or the French. It is very clear in our minds. "



        http://www.bfmtv.com/sport/lnr-menac...pe-670506.html


        There ye go, google translated.
        Cé go bhfuil an namhaid trampled underfoot mo thír, fhios ag an teanga d'aois na Breataine Bige aon Retreat. Evan James 1856

        Comment


          I think the Irish are in serious doodoo at the moment. If the regions do succeed in joining an AW, then the pro 12 is dead and the HEC is all but dead,

          Is there anyhng to be said for saying another mass?

          Failing that could we expand the Anglo welsh cup to a B and I cup for senior teams England and the celts in a knock out comp over the ais and 6n weekends
          Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice



          Comment


            Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
            Between that and Canal+, he'd better make the most of the new stationery. ;)
            He lost his fight against the FFR, made himself look like a fool in re-engaging the French clubs in H-Cup. And instead of being forgotten, he asks for more humiliation.;)
            Last edited by Jos; 18th-December-2013, 22:34.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Jos View Post
              He lost his fight against the FFR, made himself look like a fool in re-engaging the French clubs in H-Cup. And instead of being forgotten, he asks for more humiliation.;)
              How is he regarded in France at the moment?
              Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

              Comment


                Originally posted by scotscor View Post

                Failing that could we expand the Anglo welsh cup to a B and I cup for senior teams England and the celts in a knock out comp over the ais and 6n weekends
                No, are ya mad or what ? :)

                Comment


                  There is no way on anyone's green earth that we should take any form of soup. **** them, they made their bed now let them lie in it. The English are out and that's the way it should remain until they come crawling back over broken glass while being showered by vinegar.

                  We are in the premium club rugby competition in the world and they have the square root of **** all, aka RRW.
                  The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                    No breach of regs. They are allowed do it. Thing is, it may be disproportionate in the size.

                    It is also mind-bogglingly dumb, because it makes the "English no friend of ours" line so, so much easier to run for the WRU.
                    are you sure thomond? Could it not be argued under European law that in the case of a Welsh man or other European that under EU law the english practice is indeed discriminatory? I say this as the result of this English policy gives one european nations citizens, (the english), a monetary advantage/employment prospects over another whilst both being employed for the same entity? I have to say it looks like a duck to me and walks like one!!
                    Last edited by Cougar Moon; 19th-December-2013, 05:25.
                    So I walked as day was dawning
                    Where small birds sang and leaves were falling
                    Where we once watched the row boats landing
                    By the broad majestic shannon

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Cougar Moon View Post
                      are you sure thomond? Could it not be argued under European law that in the case of a Welsh man or other European that under EU law the english practice is indeed discriminatory? I say this as the result of this English policy gives one european nations citizens, (the english), a monetary advantage/employment prospects over another whilst both being employed for the same entity? I have to say it looks like a duck to me and walks like one!!
                      England and Wales are one jurisdiction inside one state; it's not movement between states.
                      Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

                      Comment


                        Mediator to assist latest talks on the future of European club rugby


                        The chief executives of the four home Unions along with their French and Italian counterparts will meet tomorrow, in the presence of a mediator, for fresh discussions over the immediate future of European club rugby.


                        http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugb...ugby-1.1632240
                        Cé go bhfuil an namhaid trampled underfoot mo thír, fhios ag an teanga d'aois na Breataine Bige aon Retreat. Evan James 1856

                        Comment


                          And if it were an irish player?
                          So I walked as day was dawning
                          Where small birds sang and leaves were falling
                          Where we once watched the row boats landing
                          By the broad majestic shannon

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                            England and Wales are one jurisdiction inside one state; it's not movement between states.
                            I don't have much idea of UK law in this regard, but surely the very fact that, in this case, the employees are citizens of the same state but are treated differently by the same employer based on what part of the country they were born in is inequitable? I'd like to see a test case tbh.
                            So I walked as day was dawning
                            Where small birds sang and leaves were falling
                            Where we once watched the row boats landing
                            By the broad majestic shannon

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Owain View Post
                              Mediator to assist latest talks on the future of European club rugby


                              The chief executives of the four home Unions along with their French and Italian counterparts will meet tomorrow, in the presence of a mediator, for fresh discussions over the immediate future of European club rugby.


                              http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugb...ugby-1.1632240
                              The fascinating bit there is the stuff about Lancaster. Thornley is being fed by some very high-level sources, possibly some in England.
                              Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                                The fascinating bit there is the stuff about Lancaster. Thornley is being fed by some very high-level sources, possibly some in England.

                                Yes indeed, that doesn't follow the PRL spin on the loss of European rugby. Another angle on this meeting, will be RRW who will not want English clubs back in the Heineken cup. Should the English return ( unlikely at this point ), that would leave no room in their fixtures to accommodate the Welsh regions in the Aviva. That would then scupper their plans to leave the P12. The RRW could end up looking totally stupid, if their fragile and convenient allies the PRL cast them adrift.
                                Cé go bhfuil an namhaid trampled underfoot mo thír, fhios ag an teanga d'aois na Breataine Bige aon Retreat. Evan James 1856

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X