Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Future of the Heineken Cup In Doubt?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cwmscwtch View Post
    Incidentally, in other news? My butty was on a flight from Cardiff to Belfast on Sunday. Also on said flight was that fellow Edwards. Who apparently discussed rugby related matters with another chap the whole way over.

I wonder what it could have meant?
    Ulster being relaunched as a Welsh franchise, on the basis that they also talk funny.
    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
      They'd have three HC's in the locker if they had a pair of balls between them
      100%, ditto French leagues.
      A lion online, a lamb at home.

Comment

ok

Comment

Money isn't everything, we Irish have what every English or Welsh club wishes they had, player loyalty, the players respect the jersey and want to continue wearing it for as long as possible. Playing for some random french dickhead who owns a car or tyre factory just isnt the same
          If you believe the players have still loyalty, you're a bit naive.Generally, your players remained in Ireland, because your teams are competitive and were able to give them good wages with the your special tax laws.If wages continue to rise in France, we will see more Sexton case in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Jos View Post
            If you believe the players have still loyalty, you're a bit naive.Generally, your players remained in Ireland, because your teams are competitive and were able to give them good wages with the your special tax laws.If wages continue to rise in France, we will see more Sexton case in the future.녕
            No special tax laws. All athletes can claim the tax rebate after 10 years. They pay the same taxes as all other employed people. What about the tax break in France for image rights? Of course the players stay for a variety of reasons. Playing top class rugby while living in Ireland is one, but don't dismiss the sense of place, of belonging. A forgotten concept in T14 rugby.

Comment

Was it the Claw who said the only reason he'd play in France was that he'd get to stamp on French men every week?
              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

If you believe the players have still loyalty, you're a bit naive.Generally, your players remained in Ireland, because your teams are competitive and were able to give them good wages with the your special tax laws.If wages continue to rise in France, we will see more Sexton case in the future.
                Munsters two most valuable players in terms of cash transfers Conor Murray and Donnacha Ryan just signed on again, how do you explain that? Admittedly you got Sexton but he has all the backbone of a jellyfish
                My computer thinks I'm gay
                What's the difference anyway
                When all the people do all day
                Is stare into a phone

Comment

They have lost nine finals before winning one Bouclier de Brennus.
                  We call them, the eternal loser in France. They play well, but they are too nice and lack aggressiveness to win titles. Nothing to do, it's the mentality of the people of this region. When they lose, they always say "we'll do better next time". It's generally different from the Mediterranean cost, where people will do everything to win: cheat and use violence to injure the opponent.
                  Personally I think Clermont could have win 2 H-cup. (last year and the year Brock James missed all these penalty against Leinster in 1/4 final)

Comment

They have lost nine finals before winning one Bouclier de Brennus.
                    We call them, the eternal loser in France. They play well, but they are too nice and lack aggressiveness to win titles. Nothing to do, it's the mentality of the people of this region. When they lose, they always say "we'll do better next time". It's generally different from the Mediterranean cost, where people will do everything to win: cheat and use violence to injure the opponent.
                    Personally I think Clermont could have win 2 H-cup. (last year and the year Brock James missed all these penalty against Leinster in 1/4 final)
                    The brock James one was a shocker, they had one of the worlds best kickers on the field and they let that clown kick and miss repeatedly
                    My computer thinks I'm gay
                    What's the difference anyway
                    When all the people do all day
                    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Munsters two most valuable players in terms of cash transfers Conor Murray and Donnacha Ryan just signed on again, how do you explain that? Admittedly you got Sexton but he has all the backbone of a jellyfish
                      Sewa they'll never be able to understand what we are about, and what playing for this province means to someone from this province. It's still worth more to some fellas than a marginal financial gain to represent their family, schoolbuddies and the lunatics on the street who tell them they can win in places they're not supposed to, and the know that the whole population is right there behind them.

Whats the first rule of Munsterclub? You dont talk about Munsterclub
                      I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by 5eight View Post
                        No special tax laws. All athletes can claim the tax rebate after 10 years. They pay the same taxes as all other employed people. What about the tax break in France for image rights? Of course the players stay for a variety of reasons. Playing top class rugby while living in Ireland is one, but don't dismiss the sense of place, of belonging. A forgotten concept in T14 rugby.
                        This is what I meant when I was saying: tax law.
                        The part of wages which can be pay with image rights in France have been reduced , a few years ago. I think the part is 30% of the wage max, and it's still taxed.

Comment

Jos, you may know the answer to this. I've been told that the first year for an overseas rugby player playing in France is tax free. Is this correct or bullsh1t?

Comment

Conor Murray? We don't lack of scrum-half in France.Donnacha Ryan is undervalued here. If you ask the fans, nobody could recognize him. But if he's so loyal, why did he negotiates with Perpignan?

Comment

Hmm explain Ulster a few seasons a go. Apart from Tommy Bowe no one of importance left. We don't have the South's tax breaks.
                              Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
                              http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Originally posted by 5eight View Post
                                Jos, you may know the answer to this. I've been told that the first year for an overseas rugby player playing in France is tax free. Is this correct or bullsh1t?
                                After a year, you are considered resident in France, so the player must pay tax in France.But before that I think (not sure) he could declare his wages in his native country.

Comment

Working...
                                X