Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Future of the Heineken Cup In Doubt?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
    There's nothing on the Planet Rugby site, or Gwlad?
    Thread in planet rugby forum called regions gone
    I am the million man.

Comment

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/25324502

Dirty rotten smell off this
      My computer thinks I'm gay
      What's the difference anyway
      When all the people do all day
      Is stare into a phone

Comment

Think this is a load of hot air. We will know little until tomorrow's meeting is concluded.

Comment

Nobody goes into a big money meeting unless they know the outcome already and why are the Welsh players already dropping hints in BBC?
          My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
            Nobody goes into a big money meeting unless they know the outcome already and why are the Welsh players already dropping hints in BBC?
            I agree,RRW want to destroy Roger Lewis either way.

Comment

I'm struggling. Surely the Welsh Union aren't going to sanction this? And the regions can't go without their approval. I don't buy the "too much hassle" line. Effectively hand their domestic game over to the Sais? What could be that much hassle?
              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Henryfitz has it right, a negotiating position.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                  Thread in planet rugby forum called regions gone
                  "RoseGarden wrote:
                  Is this from an in the know source? Or just a continuation of all the other threads on here.

A guy who went to watch the Clermont game and spoke to a bigwig. Done deal 5 million per region."

Sigh. That was from Gwlad three days ago!
                  Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                    "RoseGarden wrote:
                    Is this from an in the know source? Or just a continuation of all the other threads on here.

A guy who went to watch the Clermont game and spoke to a bigwig. Done deal 5 million per region."

Sigh. That was from Gwlad three days ago!
                    In rebellion against the WRU?

Comment

Welsh players seem to feel they are playing beneath themselves in the Rabo. Sign is on they can churn out grand slams, so it's not all self regarding. However, if they get caught up in the AP, they won't be long losing whatever it is makes them work nationally. They'll be ground down.
                      Hello friends in Brussels. Baldy here :_surrender__revampe

Comment

You just wouldn't know what might happen. There have been some seriously treacherous moves, not least the Celtalians caving in along with the RFU to the PRL only for a bloody frenchman to come in and save the day...and even he only did they because he got his balls rolled by the 6N committee for his part in the Ireland/FRance debacle.

Christ I am sickened of this whole thing. None of these feckers are to be trusted.
                        Browne is a classic poor-mouth and is using the media and the uncertainty to try and drill the players on contracts and the province's on funding whilst the IRFU build up their reserves. I don't even know what sort of game Lewis is playing, I don't trust him either. Camou only vetoed the whole RCC carry on because, as I said above, he dislikes the 6N committee more than the ERC. Ritchie is a spineless twat and McCafferty (Smith, WRay and Craig) all focking snakeoil salesmen.

Comment

How can the Aviva afford 20 million on 4 welsh regions when half their own clubs could use that money to stay afloat.I call B/S.
                          clowns

Comment

Maybe BT can afford it.
                            Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                              Maybe BT can afford it.
                              PLCs dont usually hand out 20 million as a gesture of good will.
                              clowns

Comment

PRL will shaft anyone who goes in with them. They cannot be bothered to even pretend there will be any benefit for any one else so the reality would be like the Gobi desert. And the international game will be next target in the w'nkers cross hairs if they get this. This is an existential battle of that there is no doubt. And Owain was right it is good against evil, what PRL are up to is naked self interest. They will destroy everyone else to maintain themselves, f'cking cnuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X