Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Future of the Heineken Cup In Doubt?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll sell it to you for a reasonable fee :)
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
      And here are the details:

http://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmcase/Results/4/EU011923547

I swear to God, the purblind arrogance of these numpties, that they think no-one will find out what they're up to...
      I'm pissed off with myself that it didn't occur to me before today to search trademark filings.

When the ML announced they were getting a new sponsor, I found they had filed the name Pro12 long before it was announced.

So when PRL started talking about a new competition, it would have been fairly easy to find the filing, register the domain names for a few quid then sit back and wait for a phone call from McCafferty's lawyers to make me an offer.

They would have come up with another name, of course, but they are running out of obvious ones, and it would have been worth it for the badness (or a shedload of cash depending on the offer)

Comment

Has anyone got an HTC One phone with Blink feed?- I have and have Rugby in the blink feeds-last night I had 3 articles from the press association,relating to future of H Cup, that only seemed to "hit" newspapes today.
        I don't know how to get articles copied or links to post on forum- so was unable to share them- does anyone know how to do this?
        Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Tellingly, or rather, hopefully, Nigel Wray had this to say a month before the patent was filed.

Speaking to the Sunday Times a few weeks ago, Saracens owner Nigel Wray gave his vision of where rugby might head in the not too distant future. "I would guess that rugby will become like football but without all the noughts," admitted Wray. "Somebody, maybe the Emir of Somewhere, will look at rugby and come in. It is a bit cheaper than owning Manchester United."
          LINK
          To The Brave And The Faithful, Nothing Is Unpublishable.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            Has anyone got an HTC One phone with Blink feed?- I have and have Rugby in the blink feeds-last night I had 3 articles from the press association,relating to future of H Cup, that only seemed to "hit" newspapes today.
            I don't know how to get articles copied or links to post on forum- so was unable to share them- does anyone know how to do this?
            Click on the full article link at the bottom and copy the link from the browser.
            "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

http://blink.htcsense.com/Web/Articl...cleid=13356356
              Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Originally posted by masterchief View Post
                Click on the full article link at the bottom and copy the link from the browser.
                Well I managed to share article and send to messages then copied the link.If it works another article re the stance of France.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Hand Hero View Post
                  I think we should be careful about running down an entire nation on the basis of the PRL's actions. There is a lack of understanding on behalf of a lot of english rugby fans primarily because of the complete absence of an alternative 'line' being put forward by the media. Unsurprisingly people are reading things they see in the Guardian, Times, Indepedent...all papers of half decent repute who have essentially rehashed a PRL press-release as fact.
                  I was referring to their rugby collective, but in the interest of Political Correctness I will state, as an amendment "The English Rugby Clubs are always being greedy..."

Comment

Lux describes Goze et al as "lapdogs of the English". I love French.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualit...anglais/403428

But if he's telling the truth about the June meeting, the English are goosed.
                    Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Now that the French Clubs have been dealt a blow perhaps the RDPro12 could sweeten their pot and offer them some of the money that won't be going to the English and another few places in the HEC?
                      I'd offer them another 3 spots, 1/2 the money that would have goes to the PRL clubs and spread the rest of the take evenly among RD12 teams
                      Last edited by RichardP; 23rd-September-2013, 18:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                        PUTAIN!!Jos - heads up, mon brave, because the FFR aren't being bad cop, they're being the CRS with a hangover!http://www.ffr.fr/index.php/ffr/hist...oint_de_la_ffr
                        You really don't know the FFR. You couldn't trust these guys. Did you know that, in June the FFR supported the LNR's rebellion against the ERC because "its fight was fair".

Comment

Originally posted by RichardP View Post
                          Now that the French Clubs have been dealt a blow perhaps the RDPro12 could sweeten their pot and offer them some of the money that won't be going to the English and another few places in the HEC?
                          Why would Pro12 do that? So that they have even more money to buy the best players in the world and further diminish the likes of the Pro12?
                          A lion online, a lamb at home.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardP View Post
                            I was referring to their rugby collective, but in the interest of Political Correctness I will state, as an amendment "The English Rugby Clubs are always being greedy..."
                            I know what you meant RichardP but PRL are trying to divide and rule so it is worth pointing out that they are divided themselves. What is good for the goose can also be good for the gander (for once).

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
                              Then why not stick to the established proven tournament? As I said before, this is about power and money. Nothing to do with the health of the game.
                              Everyone is looking for power and money. Do you think, if the IRFU had its power and money guaranteed ad vitam aeternam, it would not let down the Scots without remorse?

Comment

Originally posted by Jos View Post
                                Everyone is looking for power and money. Do you think, if the IRFU had its power and money guaranteed ad vitam aeternam, it would not let down the Scots without remorse?
                                Getting confused with my double negatives but no I don't think the IRFU would shaft the Scots, Welsh and Italians for the sake of a couple of euro. As RHH has pointed out, that really is all it is, a couple of euro. This is about who controls the game Jos, the unions or c**ts like Wray who will blast a paying crowd with hideous piped music to drown out the singing of people who have paid good money to watch the game live. You obviously want to see rugby being run by people like that and the various a88eholes who bankroll many of the French clubs, most real rugby fans don't. And before you start with the level playing field B*ll sh8t, please have a quick look at the budgets of T14 sides compared to the Irish provinces.

Comment

Working...
                                X