Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Future of the Heineken Cup In Doubt?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by glorob View Post
    If the Celtic Unions (Ireland, Scotland and Wales) and the Italians hold their nerve and have nothing to do with this proposed new competition then there is no possibility of the proposed tournament receiving IRB approval.
    The French clubs need the permission from the FFR only. Not from the SRU, FIRA, IRFU or WRU. And then IRB agrees or not.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Jos View Post
      No, but French Rugby is the only concern of FFR.And if the FFR agrees, I don't think IRB will stop it because the celts are not happy. The IRB has the power because it is a neutral and impartial organization. And finally his chairman is french.
      Wow so the chairman is French. That makes all the difference. Oh hold on, the headquarters are in Dublin. Seriously Jos, do you even have a notion of how ridiculous that sounds ?

      Comment


        Originally posted by Jos View Post
        A true hero.:D
        Personally I prefer the former presenter of the french show "C à vous" (the concept is: a celebrity is invited to talk about him over dinner.). Her name is Alessandra Sublet.:5_seconds_hug_by_ba:_heart__rvmp_by_bad The new presenter is Anne-Sophie Lapix. She's quite beautiful too.
        All messing aside, the woman knows her rugby. She's a damned fine sports broadcaster.
        Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Jos View Post
          The French clubs need the permission from the FFR only. Not from the SRU, FIRA, IRFU or WRU. And then IRB agrees or not.
          There are 6 Unions involved in the Heineken Cup.

          If just 2 decide to run with the new competition the IRB will not sanction it against the wishes of the other 4 Unions currently participating in the HEC,

          Cross border competitions cannot take place without IRB sanction.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Jos View Post
            The French clubs need the permission from the FFR only. Not from the SRU, FIRA, IRFU or WRU. And then IRB agrees or not.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	FACEPALM-Copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	2477924

            Comment


              Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
              So the IRB ignores four members and accedes to the wishes of two? I am not going to bring up Petain again but does that not strike you as a little undemocratic?
              Sorry but what's democratic about having Union given their opinion to a competition that does not concern them? ( it's a anglo- french cup). Do you think it would make sense if the FFR gave or not it's permission on the Super 15?

              Comment


                Originally posted by Jos View Post
                Sorry but what's democratic about having Union given their opinion to a competition that does not concern them? ( it's a anglo- french cup). Do you think it would make sense if the FFR gave or not it's permission on the Super 15?

                http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/r...n-8825291.html

                The International Rugby Board have fired a warning shot in the escalating conflict over the future of the European game with its chief executive, Brett Gosper, suggesting the body would not sanction any new Anglo-French club competition.
                Any tournament between clubs from different countries requires the blessing not only of the respective home unions but also the IRB and as the 12 Premiership clubs met in London today to discuss options, Gosper cautioned against a competition involving only the English and French sides.
                "We don't think that's in the best interests of the game a competition such as that, no," said Gosper. "We don't believe in an Anglo-French competition. We strongly believe it should be a European competition and that's what we would be supporting and throwing our weight behind. We know there are lots of discussions that are happening but we urge all of those parties to get together and find some common ground because we believe it's in the interests of the game to do so.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by glorob View Post
                  There are 6 Unions involved in the Heineken Cup.If just 2 decide to run with the new competition the IRB will not sanction it against the wishes of the other 4 Unions currently participating in the HEC,Cross border competitions cannot take place without IRB sanction.
                  Yes there is 6 union involved in the Heineken Cup. But the clubs are leaving it, and you can't force them to play it. Basically actually it's dead. Now to have an new competition the clubs needs permission from their Union. So the RFU and the FFR only. If your team would like to join it, they would have to have a permission from IRFU. But our clubs don't have to ask IRFU.

                  Comment


                    "Hey clubs in Ireland, Scotland, Italy and Wales, you can come and join our new competition, but you can't see the TV deal details until you leave the ERC (which is compromised of the unions that either own or part own you all) and we'll let you know what you'll get paid after you sign.

                    All the best,

                    Nigel Wray"

                    These people are lunatics.
                    To The Brave And The Faithful, Nothing Is Unpublishable.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Burgers View Post
                      Wow so the chairman is French. That makes all the difference. Oh hold on, the headquarters are in Dublin. Seriously Jos, do you even have a notion of how ridiculous that sounds ?
                      And do you even have a notion of how ridiculous your opinion sounds? A permission from IRFU to the french clubs?:D

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Jos View Post
                        Sorry but what's democratic about having Union given their opinion to a competition that does not concern them? ( it's a anglo- french cup). Do you think it would make sense if the FFR gave or not it's permission on the Super 15?
                        If the competition is set up in opposition to one which the Union partly owns then of course it concerns it.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                          If the competition is set up in opposition to one which the Union partly owns then of course it concerns it.
                          Sorry but no. If you are not a member of the new contest, you have nothing to say. Anglo-french competition, only RFU and FFR. Like we have nothing to say on your Rabo 12.

                          Comment


                            Noticed something else: equality in leagues.

                            Somewhat perversely, that's a disincentive for the Welsh to break.

                            Assume 6 from each league. In the Pro12, odds for each team are 6/12. If they go to AW, that's blown out to 6/16 (while as good as guaranteeing all the teams PRL were supposed to be keeping out of the top tier a slot: 6/8). And it couldn't be 2 in an AW premiership, 2 Championship, because even assuming a T16, that leaves 16+14AW+8P12=38 - in a 40 team tournament.

                            This is back of a fag-packet stuff. The reason? The HEC is launched tomorrow. This is a meaningless media strike; but it gives Sky every reason to dump on them.
                            Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

                            Comment


                              It's very complicated,IRB currently say they will not sanction.If English and French Unions don't sanction,and French English clubs go along,effectively leaving the Official Unions.Players will not be allowed to play in World Cup.It us all getting very Kerry Pakerish.
                              Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Jos View Post
                                Sorry but no. If you are not a member of the new contest, you have nothing to say. Anglo-french competition, only RFU and FFR. Like we have nothing to say on your Rabo 12.
                                Leaving aside that you have rather a lot to say on our league and little of it accurate, what you are saying there does not tally with PRL's statement. Equality between leagues.
                                Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X