Saracens v Toulon HCup Semi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saracens v Toulon HCup Semi

Oh dear, looks like "HQ" maybe two thirds empty for the Sarries Toulon match. http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013...aracens-toulon at least if the tannoy is working Sarries can play "wave your flag" to create some atmosphere.

I would love to hear how the lads at Sky will talk this game up in front of a smaller crowd than the Varsity match. It is hardly going to compare well with the atmosphere the Vulcans and our goodselves will create on Saturday now is it?

What is it exactly that the English and most French teams bring to the HCup again?

Sarries aren't blaming the ERC, at all at all.
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

It is never Sarries fault, oh no, in fact POC is probably culpable.

Comment

Do they get support from the wider rugby community in London/England. Most likely no. If I lived over there I would support the likes of Quins, Leicester, Bath, Gloucester or Northampton. Real community clubs.

Can't say I enjoyed the game against ulster - too much bad music and fake atmosphere for my liking.

Comment

Bit of a shocker, and largely the ERC's fault. Should have been sold at £20 a pop to Saffers and Jonny Watchers who'd turn out a Twickenham regardless of the sides playing.

It could be Wilkinson's last game at Twickenham, and they can't sell it? Crazy.
          "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

If the Anglo-French cup ever takes off, this is what we can expect. Bunfights between a load of Saffer and Kiwi mercenaries in half-empty stadia, moronic razzmatazz instead of atmosphere, and Lollaglio telling us how it's the greatest club competition on earth, if not the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
              Do they get support from the wider rugby community in London/England. Most likely no. If I lived over there I would support the likes of Quins, Leicester, Bath, Gloucester or Northampton. Real community clubs.

Can't say I enjoyed the game against ulster - too much bad music and fake atmosphere for my liking.
              I would say they are, comfortably, the most unpopular team in England myself.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                I would say they are, comfortably, the most unpopular team in England myself.
                And in the space of only a few years. I don't remember them being this unpopular even when they went down the Galactico route in the 90s.
                "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                  And in the space of only a few years. I don't remember them being this unpopular even when they went down the Galactico route in the 90s.
                  You'd think it would have something to do with their owner making all that money during the apartheid era, but it's mostly about the club song and those stupid hats.

Comment

Given their performance against Mun which was upskilled again v Ulster, Sarries may just about edge it, their offensive defence is getting better but on the other hand Toulon are well practised at the up n under game.

Sarries by 3 points, all scores from kicks by both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryFitz View Post
                      You'd think it would have something to do with their owner making all that money during the apartheid era, but it's mostly about the club song and those stupid hats.
                      A lot of people are deeply suspicious as to how they stay within the salary cap as well although the club has an enormous property portfolio in SA allegedly!?!?

Comment

Have heard a lot of player's families get "employed" as well.

Comment

One of those games where it would be nice for both sides to lose!!!

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                            A lot of people are deeply suspicious as to how they stay within the salary cap as well although the club has an enormous property portfolio in SA allegedly!?!?

Nigel Wray, largest UK shareholder has always been a property man in London and a large shareholer in Dominos Pizza where approx 80/100m has been taken out in dividends in last 2/3 years.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Boiudjellal.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	2476905

Comment

Working...
                              X