Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasps vs Leinster

<h1 ="ing">Leinster squad to face Wasps...</h1>

The Leinster squad to face London Wasps</font> in Saturday's Heineken Cup Quarter Final</font> at Adams Park (KO: 5.45pm) has been named.

The squad includes 12 current Ireland internationals -
    Gordon D’Arcy, Girvan Dempsey, Guy Easterby, Luke Fitzgerald, Keith
    Gleeson, Jamie Heaslip, Denis Hickie, Trevor Hogan, Shane Horgan,
    Bernard Jackman, Kieran Lewis
    and Malcolm O’Kelly - who are all named in the 25-man squad alongside Argentina international out-half Felipe Contepomi who has accumulated 63 points to date in this year’s competition.

They will be joined by Australian international duo Owen Finegan and Chris Whitaker as well as prop Will Green , a member of Wasps’ 2004 Heineken Cup winning side.

In total there are three additions to the squad that defeated Connacht 30-21 last weekend with Fitzgerald joining Reggie Corrigan and Devin Toner in the panel.

The team will be named at lunchtime on Friday prior to the squad’s departure to London.

In excess of 3,000 Leinster supporters</font> are expected to make the trip to High Wycombe on Saturday.

FORWARDS:
    Fosi Pala’amo, Stanley Wright, Reggie Corrigan, Will Green, Bernard
    Jackman, Brian Blaney, Malcolm O’Kelly, Trevor Hogan, Owen Finegan,
    Cameron Jowitt, Devin Toner, Keith Gleeson, Stephen Keogh, Jamie Heaslip

BACKS:
    Chris Whitaker, Guy Easterby, Christian Warner, Felipe Contepomi,
    Kieran Lewis, Luke Fitzgerald, Rob Kearney, Gordon D’Arcy, Shane
    Horgan, Denis Hickie, Girvan DempseyREFEREE:</font> Nigel Owens (WRU), SUB REFEREE:</font> Hugh Watkins (WRU), TOUCH JUDGE:</font> Huw Griffiths (WRU)

Originally posted by epaddy

The squad includes @@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">12 current Ireland@@@@/SPAN> internationals -
    Gordon D’Arcy, Girvan Dempsey, Guy Easterby@@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">????@@@@/SPAN>, Luke Fitzgerald, Keith
    Gleeson@@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">????@@@@/SPAN>, Jamie Heaslip, Denis Hickie, Trevor Hogan, Shane Horgan,
    Bernard Jackman@@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">????@@@@/SPAN>, Kieran Lewis
    and Malcolm O’Kelly@@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">????@@@@/SPAN>[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img] - who are all named in the 25-man squad alongside Argentina international out-half Felipe Contepomi who has accumulated 63 points to date in this year’s competition.

They will be joined by Australian @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0); font-weight: bold;">international duo????@@@@/SPAN> Owen Finegan and Chris Whitaker as well as prop Will Green , a member of Wasps’ 2004 Heineken Cup winning side.
    Gilding the lily a bit there..

Comment

Yeh a little loose with the term current International.

Comment

leinster by 9

Comment

Folks,

A good mate is looking for a ticket for this....if anyone knows of a spare can they let me know. much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieG
            Originally posted by epaddy

The squad includes @@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">12 current Ireland@@@@/SPAN> internationals -
            Gordon D’Arcy, Girvan Dempsey, Guy Easterby@@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">????@@@@/SPAN>, Luke Fitzgerald, Keith
            Gleeson@@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">????@@@@/SPAN>, Jamie Heaslip, Denis Hickie, Trevor Hogan, Shane Horgan,
            Bernard Jackman@@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">????@@@@/SPAN>, Kieran Lewis
            and Malcolm O’Kelly@@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">????@@@@/SPAN>[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img] - who are all named in the 25-man squad alongside Argentina international out-half Felipe Contepomi who has accumulated 63 points to date in this year’s competition.

They will be joined by Australian @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0); font-weight: bold;">international duo????@@@@/SPAN> Owen Finegan and Chris Whitaker as well as prop Will Green , a member of Wasps’ 2004 Heineken Cup winning side.
            Gilding the lily a bit there..
            - All but 1 have played international in the past 12 months..... Seems fairly current to me.

Comment

Kevin d your so far wrong there is no point even debating it.

My computer thinks I'm gay
              What's the difference anyway
              When all the people do all day
              Is stare into a phone

Comment

A Munster win on Friday and a Leinster win on Saturday is very much on the cards and I'll certainly be having an investment on the double, IMO Leinster have the slightly easier task.

Comment

Back the two home wins - it's a complete no-brainer.
                  New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

The current buzzword "no-brainer" isthe least acceptable of all buzzwords, and I'm surprised at any literate person making use of it.

Two away wins for the cognoscenti.

Comment

Biarritz vs Wasps

Leicester vs Munster

Loads of BS from Sky Sportsdragging upROG's GP comments then neither english side will make the final. Munster to retain the cup [img]smileys/cool.gif[/img]
                      My computer thinks I'm gay
                      What's the difference anyway
                      When all the people do all day
                      Is stare into a phone

Comment

A Munster v Wasps final would be sweet alright. We owe them one.
                        Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by sewa

Kevin d your so far wrong there is no point even debating it.

Gordon D’Arcy 6 Nations,
                          Girvan Dempsey 6 Nations
                          Guy Easterby@@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">????@@@@/SPAN>,
                          Luke Fitzgerald V's PI
                          Keith
                          Gleeson@@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"> @@@@/SPAN>
                          Summer Tour V's New Zealand@@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">@@@@/SPAN>
                          Jamie Heaslip V's PI
                          Denis Hickie 6 Nations
                          Trevor Hogan 6 Nations
                          Shane Horgan 6 Nations
                          Bernard Jackman@@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"> @@@@/SPAN>: Churchill Cup
                          Kieran Lewis
                          Churchill Cup
                          Malcolm O’Kelly V's PI

How far wrong am I?????????@@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">@@@@/SPAN>

Comment

Leinster to shade, Hickie , Darcy have been inspirational this season and i hope they win, normally i wouldnt shout for them but with the 2 munster boys and 2 mentioned above i hope they do it and best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

Back the two home wins - it's a complete no-brainer.

What have Wasps to offer on Saturday? Leinster by 2 tries at least.

Llanelli may have similar fire power to Munster up front and the half backs are even so I think it will a close match butfeel Munster have the edge with experience- Munster to win by 3 points.

Comment

Working...
                              X