Will Green charging the ref

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Green charging the ref

Did anyone else watching the Leinster Connacht game last saturday see when Will Green ht the ref after the blew his whistle??

It looked pretty blatant, and it was right after Leinster had two penalties given against them for backchat!

It was after about seventy minutes, connacht were called for accidental offside, all the players stopped and Green just comes barging right into the back of the ref! he changed direction and everything!

thats pretty serious in my book! do what ya want to other players, but assaulting the ref is completely uncalled for.
    I may have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!

Didn't see it but would doubt he actually meant it - anyone got a cilp of the incident?

Comment

I have it saved on Sky plus, anyoneknow how to transfer it?

I really do think it was intentional though, he was the last to be pinged for backchat just before that, and didnt even try to stop or apologise or anything once he had done it, he purposely looked the other way after, so the ref wasnt sure what happened!

Comment

Originally posted by Mumhan Abu

I really do think it was intentional though, he was the last to be pinged for backchat just before that, and didnt even try to stop or apologise or anything once he had done it, he purposely looked the other way after, so the ref wasnt sure what happened!

Just watched it myself -it happens on the 78 minutre mark on the Setanta clock- an interesting cameo but a hard one to call - was the ref stepping backwards as Greenmade contact with him? Unfortunately the Setanta producer switched camera at the vital second just after the contact.

Another appalling bit of commentary by Robson as the second penalty was awarded - the ref warned the Leinster captain about no. 14's attitude, I think, but Robbo just kept talking away and didn't seem to notice what was happening.

Who was that ref? - from his accent he's a Munster man but I don't know him?

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog
          Originally posted by Mumhan Abu

Just watched it myself -it happens on the 78 minutre mark on the Setanta clock- an interesting cameo but a hard one to call - was the ref stepping backwards as Greenmade contact with him? Unfortunately the Setanta producer switched camera at the vital second just after the contact.

Another appalling bit of commentary by Robson as the second penalty was awarded - the ref warned the Leinster captain about no. 14's attitude, I think, but Robbo just kept talking away and didn't seem to notice what was happening.

if you wait about 30 sconds they replay it in slow motion. it just looks soclear to me that he's looking where he's goin, keeps up his speed (when you can see all the other players stopping) and even lowers his shoulder into him a bit. but what really seals the guilt for me was right after he does it, rather than try to stop the ref from fallin or attempting to apologise he just looks away from him. if you ever run into the back of a ref ur pretty quik to either b***h at him for bein in the way (which this guy wasnt, the play was blown dead) or to aplogise. Green does neither.

there's a petition to get rid of robson commentating been set up ya know? just signed on myself!! http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/skysportscommentator

Comment

Thanks, I've now watched the slow mo. Very suspicious- it's amazing that the commentator seemedcompletely uninterested in the incident in the replay (or it would be, if it wasn't Mark Robson!).
            New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

<!-
              var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
              var SymReal;

Sym()
              {
              window.open = SymWinOpen;
              if(SymReal != null)
              SymReal();
              }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
              {
              if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
              SymReal&#079;nLoad();
              window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
              SymReal = window.;
              window. = Sym;
              }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
              window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

Setanta are terrible for replays,2 ofUlsters tries had suspicion of offside, and none of the replays gave you an opportunity to judge the calls your self
              The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

He also looked like he might have operated in the front row. If so he's one of the few reffing at that level who actually has any clue what goes on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet

He also looked like he might have operated in the front row. If so he's one of the few reffing at that level who actually has any clue what goes on there.

i think his name is FitzGibbon or something like that, its probly on the league website! he was havin a good game too i thought, missed a couple of small things, but you're always gonna get that. He was always true to his word and very consistent. not sure why Green took such a disliking to him!!

Comment

Any chance of getting this on you tube?

Comment

DC is the man to ask, he normally sticks up leinster footage on youtube.
                      <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
                      http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
                      </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Originally posted by Ruck
                        DC is the man to ask, he normally sticks up leinster footage on youtube.
                        He isn around much though is he.

Comment

DC is always around, he only works when he's got nothing better to do.[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                          <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
                          http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
                          </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

He is from Limerick and a good referee too.

Comment

Peter Fitzgibbon, Played with Thomond. Nice fella and a good ref. Didn't play in the front row though... more of an out half,outside backif I remember correctly...

Comment

Working...
                              X