X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sexton signs 2 yr deal with Racing Metro

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/rug...ro-581142.html

Looks to me like someone fishing for a better deal at home
    Terry who? Look man I aint playing the name game up in here Theres a reason why Mr. Felcher chose me in the first round....I\'m an impact player!!!

Not the Miami Dolphins then?
    I am one of the 5 clowns woo hoo

Comment

it's between Tom Grace in the Green corner for the IRFU and Fintan Drury of platinum One in the Blue corner for Sexton. Who will blink first or could it result in the greatest cock up since the last one for irish rugby with Sexton moving to France. Then again, would such a move be so detrimental in itself or would the precedent set for others be more damaging in the long run?
      Mumha Abu

Comment

move on nothing to see here ! would love if he went sick at looking at his ugly head anyway !

Comment

People say this is all bluffing, but they forget about the centrally contracted players who made good on their threats:

ROG - signed for the Dolphins as a kicker.
          DOC - signed for Gloucester.
          Heaslip - signed for some S15 team.
          BOD - signed for Biarritz
          Tony Buckley - signed for Bath
          Last edited by bugler; 14th-January-2013, 16:34.

Comment

I'm actually amazed at the journalists who are taking this seriously, or else are wilfully going along with the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by bugler View Post
              People say this is all bluffing, but they forget about the centrally contracted players who made good on their threats:

ROG - signed for the Dolphins as a kicker.
              DOC - signed for Gloucester.
              Heaslip - signed for some S15 team.
              BOD - signed for Biarritz
              Tony Buckley - signed for Bath
              It would actually make sense for Sexton though. He has won pretty much everything there is to win with Leinster, there isn't much more he can do with us. If he wants to try some new experiences (and a sh**load of cash), he could easily go to a French club for a year or two. He is also at the perfect age where he can return in a few years, still young enough and (hopefully) still good enough for Leinster/IRFU to give him a contract, so he can avail of this tax deal thing and finish his career at Leinster.

Comment

Originally posted by deltared View Post
                it's between Tom Grace in the Green corner for the IRFU and Fintan Drury of platinum One in the Blue corner for Sexton. Who will blink first or could it result in the greatest cock up since the last one for irish rugby with Sexton moving to France. Then again, would such a move be so detrimental in itself or would the precedent set for others be more damaging in the long run?
                Detrimental to whom or what? The IRFU keep players at home is all a bluff, they were delighted to have Bowe at Ospreys and have them pay his wages.

In the long run having senior established players move abroad and lose their high wage demands is benficial to the IRFU, it also gives players like Madigan, Keatley etc a chance to get more 1st team game time and expand their own skills sets.

The only downside is the provinces may not be winning too many more HEC's, bad for supporters and but some in HQ may smile

Comment

Players like Johnny Sexton will always be the subject of interest from abroad be it contract negotiation time or not.

I hear a few of our own players have caught the eye of overseas clubs. No doubt there will be speculation in the press over the next few weeks as overseas clubs build their squads for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Jardon View Post
                    Detrimental to whom or what? The IRFU keep players at home is all a bluff, they were delighted to have Bowe at Ospreys and have them pay his wages.

In the long run having senior established players move abroad and lose their high wage demands is benficial to the IRFU, it also gives players like Madigan, Keatley etc a chance to get more 1st team game time and expand their own skills sets.

The only downside is the provinces may not be winning too many more HEC's, bad for supporters and but some in HQ may smile
                    The HEC bit might be true but in all honesty when the doctor got injured not many people would have thought Sexton was ready to grab his chance with both hands. I do wonder how many players there are in the Irish provincial squads who rarely see gametime with the first team, are consequently regarded as being 'not up to standard' and therefore only get a chance when someone gets injured. Among the players at Munster who, I think, fit into this bracket are Barnes and Dineen. I would like to see how young Farrell up North would get on as well. I think if Madigan got a proper run of games with the Leinster first team he would be close to selection for the Ireland squad. When you look at players like McSharry, Marmion and Henshaw grabbing their chances out west it makes you wonder....

Comment

Originally posted by bugler View Post
                      I'm actually amazed at the journalists who are taking this seriously, or else are wilfully going along with the plan.
                      Paper never yet refused ink. Non-story, though a sufficiently large signing on fee might mitigate the potential loss of the 10 years tax rebate. Some day some player in his prime will leave Ireland, too big to be ignored by Irish team management.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	metro 10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	2475850
                        racing metro & number 10. It's as good as signed.
                        Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dHUfy_YBps

Comment

Originally posted by mac22 View Post
                            move on nothing to see here ! would love if he went sick at looking at his ugly head anyway !
                            I will take cash donations to change Bosco's avatar so...

I will also take cash donations to change mac's avatar to Johnny Sexton ...

Let the bidding commence!
                            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                              The HEC bit might be true but in all honesty when the doctor got injured not many people would have thought Sexton was ready to grab his chance with both hands. I do wonder how many players there are in the Irish provincial squads who rarely see gametime with the first team, are consequently regarded as being 'not up to standard' and therefore only get a chance when someone gets injured. Among the players at Munster who, I think, fit into this bracket are Barnes and Dineen. I would like to see how young Farrell up North would get on as well. I think if Madigan got a proper run of games with the Leinster first team he would be close to selection for the Ireland squad. When you look at players like McSharry, Marmion and Henshaw grabbing their chances out west it makes you wonder....
                              Agree 100% PP. Fla would never have had his chance if Frankie hadn't have been injured. Same with D Ryan, most of our new backrow due to retirements/injury, some of the young lads at Ulster... the list goes on.
                              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                              X