Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daithi View Post
    looks weak
    I agree, Ireland are going into this as favourites.
    The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
    Gwan the Welsh

Comment

Originally posted by Huwie View Post
      I agree, Ireland are going into this as favourites.
      Pull the other one you langbot!! Ireland cant buy a win in Cardiff for love nor money and well you know it!
      I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
        Pull the other one you langbot!! Ireland cant buy a win in Cardiff for love nor money and well you know it!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
          2 things I'll say:

We haven't exactly been killing them or driving home results against them since that moment 4 years ago.

Also if Ryan Jones' lead boots weren't so heavy he'd have been able to jump up to block that ball
          I am the million man.

Comment

Na, if hellovating's team above is picked I think ye have us at 1,2,4,5,6,10,14.
            We've ye at 3,7,11,12. and 9 if the old phillips turns up.
            All the rest are as good as each other.
            The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Gwan the Welsh

Comment

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree with this one.
              He is a generalist, he does make mistakes, he's an ok breakdown operator, going into contact i've seen him in trouble plenty of times.
              He has a conservative rugby brain which would suit some matches but not others. He is a nice guy, but again, he can be a nice guy in a suit and tie, doesnt have to be in a rugby jersey.
              Perhaps the best thing about him is stability, as you said, he can slip into a side without much or any of a negative impact. A safe choice.

Who would you pick for Ireland, Micko or Paulie. Nuff said. Handy off the bench.
              Also, he cant run for the life of him. Looks like he's running with cast iron boots. Thus a No8 he is not.
              Stephen Jones got the nickname Wellies because he looked like he was running in them; immortally described as looking like a robot monkey carrying a fridge. He went okay.

By contrast, Andy Mongo Powell looked all action and dynamism. Problem was - him Mongo.

Give me a Foley or a Ryan Jones over a Mongo or a Heaslip, any day.
              Last edited by Thomond78; 17th-January-2013, 11:16. Reason: "Immortally described", not "immorally". That'd be OD's bucket list...
              Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

2 things I'll say:

We haven't exactly been killing them or driving home results against them since that moment 4 years ago.

Also if Ryan Jones' lead boots weren't so heavy he'd have been able to jump up to block that ball
                We got a much bigger win the next year, as it happens.

However - you know that in the matches since 2008, the difference in the aggregate score is 7 points? Pikey Mikey's Peter Allan-induced try that wasn't, or Paddy Wallace not passing to Earls outside?

It's coin-toss tight.

Comment

Gwan the Welsh

Comment

Wales must be overwhelming favorites. Weren't they the best team in the last RWC? They would have whipped NZ in the final if it wasn't for Rolland and their squad has got stronger since by replacing the poisoned dwarf with a giant. They have paid out on st Sam of Bread being the lions captain, and if there was a book on number of lions tourists per nation Wales would be odds on to have 18 at least, buying money. Ireland might have a chance of keeping the score respectable but we will doubtless need the assistance of a cheating referee to even achieve that.

Comment

You should be able to find an extremely similar photo of him scoring in the corner of the Mill Stad in 2011 as well

EDIT

uncanny
                      I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                        Stephen Jones got the nickname Wellies because he looked like he was running in them; immorally described as looking like a robot monkey carrying a fridge. He went okay.

By contrast, Andy Mongo Powell looked all action and dynamism. Problem was - him Mongo.

Give me a Foley or a Ryan Jones over a Mongo or a Heaslip, any day.
                        Mongo was grand until it went to his head. Wales tour of South Africa pre Lions he was a good player, and before that for the blues and the scarlets. Gatland turned him into a bosh merchant and that was his downfall. That and he isn't the brightest spark.

Gwan the Welsh

Comment

I rate Sexton highly at the moment, certainly No1 choice 10 for the Lions. However, can you see him making the same kick? Honest question..

Gwan the Welsh

Comment

Mongo was grand until it went to his head. Wales tour of South Africa pre Lions he was a good player, and before that for the blues and the scarlets. Gatland turned him into a bosh merchant and that was his downfall. That and he isn't the brightest spark.
                            There was a head for it to go to?

And btw - I like Mongo. Mongo alright. Mongo special, but Mongo good lad.

Comment

Wales - obsequious as always....

I rate Sexton highly at the moment, certainly No1 choice 10 for the Lions. However, can you see him making the same kick? Honest question..
                              I can actually, sexton is some operator these days in fairness to him. He's battered over some gigantic drop goals in the last few years
                              I am the million man.

Comment

in fairness yes he probably would imo.
                                "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Working...
                                X