• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ulster Kit Deal

<TABLE =std_newsartd cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 summary="Layout table">
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD =abstract>In a key commercial announcement made at Ravenhill today, Kukri Sportswear was today unveiled as the Official Kit Supplier and Merchandise Partner to Ulster Rugby from the 2008-09 season in a 3 year deal.</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =article>And in a major commitment to rugby at all levels Kukri also announced that it will extend its sponsorship of the Ulster Branch Qualifying Leagues and will be the Official Merchandise Supplier for the IRB U19 World Championship which takes place in Belfast this April (4th - 21st).

Ulster Rugby Chief Executive Michael Reid commented: "I am delighted to appoint Kukri as Official Kit Supplier and Merchandise Partner from the 2008-09 season. Their quality of on-field wear, speed of turnaround and flexibility were all important factors in our decision-making and I look forward to working with them."

"Kukri's merchandise partnership with the IRB at this year's U19 World Championship gives them an opportunity to showcase themselves further on the world scene and they're produced an exciting range of apparel for the tournament. However they've not forgotten their roots in the club game and their continued support of the Ulster Branch's Qualifying Leagues is testament to that."

Founded in 1999, Kukri has sales managers based in six countries and produces top quality sports wear for Rugby, Hockey, Netball and Cricket. In terms of local rugby clubs, Kukri supplies half of the senior clubs in Ulster with their team-wear and over half of the clubs that compete in the Qualifying Leagues.

Regional Sales Manager for Kukri Ireland, Terry Jackson, said; "Today's announcement of three major sponsorships of rugby at all levels, international, professional club and the amateur game, is the culmination of a lot of hard work and we are delighted. At Kukri we love sport and the positive difference it makes to all those who take part in it."

"First up is this year's U19 World Championship which promises to be the finest for many a year with an enormous amount of talent on show and we're are proud to be playing our part in the continued success of this prestigious International rugby showpiece. From there we'll turn our attention to our continuing support of the Ulster Branch Qualifying Leagues and look forward to working with Ulster Rugby ahead of the start of the 2008-09 season."
    </TD></TR></T></TABLE>

Canterbury seem to be getting too comfortable or too big for their boots.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon

Suicidal would be closer to the truth ! The way they treat their customers is unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by Point

Suicidal would be closer to the truth ! The way they treat their customers is unbelievable.
        Love their Jerseys though, hope they and Leinster stay together.

Comment

It's a pity as Canterbury are probably one of the best manufacturers of rugby gear out there.

Comment

Out of interest can you elaborate on this? I have never bought a shirt from Centerbury direct so have never had any direct dealings with them.

IMO their shirts are the best with the exception of a couple of Koo-Ga's.

Comment

Originally posted by Cristoff

Out of interest can you elaborate on this? I have never bought a shirt from Centerbury direct so have never had any direct dealings with them.

IMO their shirts are the best with the exception of a couple of Koo-Ga's.

By customers I mean the retail shops who want to stock their products. It is a case of you'll take what we give you rather than looking to fill the requests, and more often than not it will be delayed. That's from talking to frustrated sports store owners. hopefully Adidas will be more responsive.

Comment

Originally posted by Cristoff

Canterbury seem to be getting too
                comfortable or too big for their boots.

Suicidal would be closer to the truth ! The way they treat their
                customers is unbelievable.

Out of interest can you elaborate on this?* I have never bought a
                shirt from Centerbury direct so have never had any direct dealings
                with them.*

IMO their shirts are the best with the exception of a couple of Koo-
                Ga's.

By customers I mean the retail shops who want to stock their
                products. It is a case of you'll take what we give you rather than
                looking to fill the requests, and more often than not it will be delayed.
                That's from talking to frustrated sports store owners. hopefully
                Adidas will be more responsive.
                I remember trying to get a Lions jersey before the 2001 tour, tried
                all the usual spots, Arnotts, Elverys etc.No dice, but a couple of
                places suggested I try the (now gone) Adidas store in the Jervis
                Centre. I went in and asked, had to explain what a Lions jersey was,
                then was told that Adidas didn't make rugby jerseys [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                Comment

ordered playing gear from kukri one year. came from china i think - most likely on a yak as it didn't arrive until the second last week of the season.

Comment

Sorry for moving further off topic...

I've been struggling to get my hands on a smallIreland top over here at the minute, I tried to order one direct from Canterbury website directand I was told they were out of stock and didn't know when the stock would be replenished! I was amazed that the manufacturere couldn't even give me a date!

Comment

All the Aussie provinces are now gone from Canterbury and it looks like Leinster are the only Irish one left

Comment

Ulster's last year under Canterbury

07/08 jerseys

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The Dave
                            All the Aussie provinces are now gone from Canterbury and it looks like Leinster are the only Irish one left

They are indeed. All manky too.

Comment

Their jersey designs continue to deteriorate....

Comment

Working...
                              X