• Show
Clear All

BoSI quit Ladyboys for bigger fish

@@@@SPAN>Bank of Scotland (Ireland) and Leinster Rugby
    are to end their six-year sponsorship relationship at the end of this
    current season – April 2007.

The sponsorship has proved very beneficial to both parties since
    the relationship began in 2001 with Leinster Rugby and Bank of Scotland
    (Ireland) both charting rapid growth and success in that time.

Commenting on the sponsorship, Rosaleen Kelly, Head of Marketing at
    Bank of Scotland (Ireland), said: “We have had an excellent
    relationship with Leinster Rugby over the years and it has proved a
    tremendous success in raising brand awareness of the Bank in the
    Leinster region.

"Bank of Scotland (Ireland) has grown into a truly national Banking
    brand and @@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;">we now need @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);">a major sponsorship@@@@/SPAN> to support that.@@@@/SPAN> We will
    continue to maximise our efforts in supporting Leinster Rugby for the
    remainder of this season.”

Also commenting Mick Dawson, Chief Executive of Leinster Rugby,
    said: “Bank of Scotland (Ireland) has been very supportive over the
    last six years and they have partnered us through what has been a very
    successful period for the team.

"Even though the Bank will continue to sponsor us until April, we have
    already begun the process of securing a new sponsor for the 2007/'08
    season and beyond.”@@@@/SPAN>

Originally posted by RobbieG

@@@@SPAN>

"Bank of Scotland (Ireland) has grown into a truly national Banking
    brand and @@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;">we now need @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);">a major sponsorship@@@@/SPAN> to support that.@@@@/SPAN> We will
    continue to maximise our efforts in supporting Leinster Rugby for the
    remainder of this season.”@@@@/SPAN>
    [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img] Unfortunate choice of words, I think she meant to say that they need a major national sponsorship so that people outside the pale won't think of them as the Ladyboy Bank. Not much out there to sponsor at this stage, however. Might be a good time to pick up the RoI soccer team at a bargain price.

Comment

All sponsorhip deals are merely temporary partnerships.

Both parties have done reasonably well out of this association I'd imagine.

Who next for Leinster though? [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Many thanks to BoSI from this Leinster supporter - they've been excellent sponsors and I'm sorry to lose them.

That said, I wouldn't have been too keen on wearing "Halifax" on my Leinster jersey from now on, asit might have led some people to think that I was supporting a RL team from a Yorkshire mill town - not good for the auldimage in the D4 area.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Leinster will obviously need to find alternative sponsors at this stage. The sponsors will likewise seek "synergy" ,or whatever morkeshing claptrap they use, with their target clients. L'Oreal, Esteé Lauder, Laboritoire Garnier, etc. must be eyeing them up at this stage.
          Unrepentant Langer

Comment

<DIV>Speaking of sponsorship, isn't the toyota sponsorship deal up this year?</DIV>
            <DIV>Has anybody heard any rumours as to potential new sponsors or will Toyota be renewing the deal? O2 to sponsor Ireland, Munster, Leinster and Connacht. (not sure about Ulster's sponsorships)</DIV>
            <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
            http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
            </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

We have a few ideal candidates. Synergies and all that:-

My favourite is this crowd however:-

Comment

good man Paulie[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                James

Comment

What about Cork Distillery Company CDC Gin and Schweppes Tonic as sponsors. Surely the tipple of D4. As it happens mine too but I cant afford to live in D4 so I moved tobe near Sliabh na mBan.[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

HOLEMASTERS
                    Con Artist

Comment

Massey is Classy, Dermot, but Zetor is Better, apparently!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragusa
                        What about Cork Distillery Company CDC Gin and Schweppes Tonic as sponsors. Surely the tipple of D4. As it happens mine too but I cant afford to live in D4 so I moved tobe near Sliabh na mBan.[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Gordon's London Dry is the only gin worth inflicting on your liver.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

I think Dublin Zoo would make very good sponsors. Then they could print Dublin Zoo across the front of the shirts![img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo
                            I think Dublin Zoo would make very good sponsors. Then they could print Dublin Zoo across the front of the shirts![img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img] 'The Munster Observer' might be interested, Brown Thomas have to in with a shout, or maybe Ryanair [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]Can see a Paddy Power Special coming soon...
                            they call it \'passion\', we call it pride

Comment

Leinster Rugby is a premium brand - I understand that both Aldi and Lidl are interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X