Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussiedub
    replied
    Seriously how can you think Ireland will win a GS? Ulster are playing rubbish, Leinster are playing a style of rugby that is totally different to Munster and even though it's been far more successul we still try to play a more Munster style for Ireland.

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
    Very well reasoned, however the only bit I would disagree with is the GS. Even with Eng and France away I really fancy Ireland to win the GS this year, Leinster and Ulster are playing very well and Munster while not performing brilliantly are winning and the Ireland captain is playing as well as anyone

The very large hump on our back is winning in Paris, in both warm-up matches for the RWC, France were home and hosed by HT, unless the French players take time to bed in with St. Andre, would expect the French winning streak to continue.

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    Originally posted by Out Half View Post
    Leinster , Toulouse could well win it but would not be a very good price with the bookies Sarries would be good bet what price are they to win the HC ? i guess they would be around the same price as Quins

Heineken Cup 2012 Friday 13th January 2012, 19:45

Paddy Power odds

Leave a comment:

• Miguel Sanchez
    replied
    It'd be difficult look beyond Toulouse or Leinster currently. Early doors still however.

Leave a comment:

• kahalui
    replied
    The semifinal draw will have a huge bearing but Id back Toulouse to beat Leinster if they met in the final.

Leave a comment:

• Viigand
    replied
    If I was to bet my own cash on it, I'd go with Leinster. They are playing fantastic rugby at the moment, both offensively and defensively.

Leave a comment:

• flimwodd
    replied
    In fairness its hard to bet against Leinster,dare i say foolish at this point,it will come down to injuries as is the case most years.

Leave a comment:

• Out Half
    replied
    Leinster , Toulouse could well win it but would not be a very good price with the bookies Sarries would be good bet what price are they to win the HC ? i guess they would be around the same price as Quins

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    I fancy Saracens, based on not many players involved in RWC, doing well in UK Premiership, almost certainly to be in the play-off final and not many players will take part in the 6N.

The management timed it well last year to finally beat Leic.

Lein can make it to the final but perhaps the 6N will take its toll as I fancy a good start by Irl to put Wales away, redress the balance of a disappointing Qtr final will raise expectations of a Championship win but not a GS.
    Very well reasoned, however the only bit I would disagree with is the GS. Even with Eng and France away I really fancy Ireland to win the GS this year, Leinster and Ulster are playing very well and Munster while not performing brilliantly are winning and the Ireland captain is playing as well as anyone

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    I fancy Saracens, based on not many players involved in RWC, doing well in UK Premiership, almost certainly to be in the play-off final and not many players will take part in the 6N.

The management timed it well last year to finally beat Leic.

Lein can make it to the final but perhaps the 6N will take its toll as I fancy a good start by Irl to put Wales away, redress the balance of a disappointing Qtr final will raise expectations of a Championship win but not a GS.
    Last edited by Stanley; 23rd-December-2011, 23:45.

Leave a comment:

• NiallGK
    replied
    Hmmm, sorry to say but Leinster to win it again (based on form alone).

Leave a comment:

• ListryMurphy
    replied
    Toulouse!

Leave a comment:

• Out Half
    replied
    Originally posted by Mcork View Post
    This question highlights the huge huge flaw in the HEC. The semi final 'draw'. Even assuming that it was a true, fair and open draw (which personally I do not believe). It hands certain teams almost unsurmountable obstacle to progress. If I said to you 'Tolouse to win' and then they got drawn to meet Leinster in semi in the Aviva, then I would change my mind. Vice versa also true.

Leinster & Toulouse have most quality in their squads of the teams remaining. Both will top their groups and get home draws in the Qtr and it is reasonable to expect them to win those. After that it is the 'luck' of the draw (if the French are prevented from 'arranging' it). If they both get home draws, then that will be the final IMO.
    If that is the case with the final at Twickenham the ERC would like / want to see a English team in the final and somebody correct me if i am wrong in what i say the three finals that have been played at Twickenham have been won by English teams and one of them was a all English final

Leave a comment:

• Mcork
    replied
    Originally posted by Out Half View Post
    Who would you put your money on now to win the Heineken Cup in Twickenham next May ?

Harlequins at 16/1 with PP is not a bad price and if Quins do reach the final it will be a home away from home game for them
    This question highlights the huge huge flaw in the HEC. The semi final 'draw'. Even assuming that it was a true, fair and open draw (which personally I do not believe). It hands certain teams almost unsurmountable obstacle to progress. If I said to you 'Tolouse to win' and then they got drawn to meet Leinster in semi in the Aviva, then I would change my mind. Vice versa also true.

Leinster & Toulouse have most quality in their squads of the teams remaining. Both will top their groups and get home draws in the Qtr and it is reasonable to expect them to win those. After that it is the 'luck' of the draw (if the French are prevented from 'arranging' it). If they both get home draws, then that will be the final IMO.

Leave a comment:

• rathbaner
    replied
    It wouldn't surprise me if Quins did it - 14 wins out of 15 in all comps. Momentum and all that. No doubt they'll backbone the new England side this year too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X