No announcement yet.

The Heineken Cup thread for 'lesser' matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now now .. .doesn't that result make the EC more intriguing as we head into the Christmas break!

Comment

Overall a deserved win for Quins, but as Mforever says it's marred somewhat by the cheating, particularly the bench player interfering with the quick lineout - even if that did ameliorate slightly what should have been a YC for Fritz. Feck, if only Connacht could have won yesterday and at the stoop, this result would have them still right in the mix of this group!
      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

What's the final score in saints game?

Comment

An unbelievable 45-0, considering it was 3-0 for so long.
          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyk View Post
            What's the final score in saints game?
            Saints win 45-0
            "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
            Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

In 2011, Quins have won at Thomond Park and Stade Ernest-Wallon in European competition. They won't be afraid to go anywhere if they make the quarters.
              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

The Toulouse Quins game sounds like it had it all! Are camp COS gonna be singing his praises bigstyle again or were Tou just a little complacent? Sorry I missed it now.
                I am the million man.

Comment

Great result for the compeition but bad for Munster. Would not like to be playing either ST (or Quins in a home quarter, which is more likely now. Those two and Leinster have to be the favourites now. Nobody will want to play us but that doesnt mean we are, or should be favourites to win the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                    The Toulouse Quins game sounds like it had it all! Are camp COS gonna be singing his praises bigstyle again or were Tou just a little complacent? Sorry I missed it now.

cowboy a bit complacent looking at the players they left on the bench...wouldn't take anything away from Quins... though...if Evans and mc`allister swapped jerseys it would have different result... m`callister was terrible.
                    "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                      Quins were great - deserved their win. Luke McAlister had a horrendous day off the tee, missed three kickable penalties in the first half, two that he could have thrown over – a couple of real sitters, in front of the sticks.

Toulouse would have been much better starting Poux, Nyanga and Picamoles ahead of Montes, Boulihou [who in fairness was not all that bad, but Nyanga has had a great season] and Sowerby, as well as Florian Fritz ahead of Yann David.

Fritz came on when David left the pitch injured and was absolutely first-rate, he just went buck wild and ran amok. The young Quins centre Hopper did a decent job containing him, because he really was on fire.

Mike Brown and Nick Evans were Quins' best players.

Comment

Planet Rugby's HEC team of the week includes two todgers (even though they were playing a weak team) two globetrotters (ditto) and a single turnip (ditto).

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,2...386445,00.html

All that I can say is: pah!

Incidentally, I note that Rolland's red card for a cheating 'quins sub appears to have passed below the radar!

He should also have red carded the quins doctor for similar cheating.
                        New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Working...
                        X