Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clermont v Leicester

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Clermont v Leicester

    Nice to see a Munster scarf on display on a Clermont flag in their supporters section behind the goal.

    ASM tearing a new one for the Tigers. 30-12 with 10 mins to go.

    #2
    clermont look they want the HEC this year. Look a better balanced side then last year.
    I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

    Comment


      #3
      They look as powerful as ever but they have a long French season to go yet

      Comment


        #4
        30-12 fulltime score. Expect tigers to reply next week. No bp today for ASM so no major damage done.

        Comment


          #5
          Rolland showed he still isn't afraid to make big decisions, anyway - went to the linesman to consult about one incident that he intended to sanction with a yellow. Answering the "what did you see?" question, linesman reports on a completely different late & high tackle that happened at the same time, recommending a YC, but says he didn't see the other incident. Result: two simultaneous yellow cards for Leicester!
          Tis but a scratch.

          Comment


            #6
            I thought the Tuilagi one was fair enough but Chuters was a bit harsh.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Point View Post
              30-12 fulltime score. Expect tigers to reply next week. No bp today for ASM so no major damage done.
              Dunno. I dont fancy Leicester next week. Thought the gulf in class today was unreal. leicester are a long way back on previous teams they have. Aside from the scrum today that was a hiding. Rolland gave leicester everything in my view aside from the two binnings. One of which came from the touch judge. Its a big game for Clermont. If they win they are home and hosed.
              I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

              Comment


                #8
                Tigers are nowhere near previous form. Clermont will do them in welford road
                My computer thinks I'm gay
                What's the difference anyway
                When all the people do all day
                Is stare into a phone

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by sewa View Post
                  Tigers are nowhere near previous form. Clermont will do them in welford road
                  I concur. Tigers for the Amlin Cup - if the Todgers don't pip them to the qualification slot!
                  New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Leicester could still win @ home v clermont but i still fancy CA for group.... Ulster will do Leicester in ravenhill
                    "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                      I concur. Tigers for the Amlin Cup - if the Todgers don't pip them to the qualification slot!
                      Have seen little of either -- so fistful of salt required -- but they looked short on invention against Nortants in the league a couple of weeks ago, and Clermont should be well capable of taking them next weekend.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Point View Post
                        30-12 fulltime score. Expect tigers to reply next week. No bp today for ASM so no major damage done.
                        As I suspected from last week, Clermont didn't do enough.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Point View Post
                          As I suspected from last week, Clermont didn't do enough.
                          They've Johnny Todger in Michelin Park and the Herons in Monza to come, so that's at least 9 more points in the bag.

                          Tigers have the Johnnies in Raving Hill - which won't be easy given the Todgers fans' predilection for making lots of noise about very little entertainment, followed by the Herons in Stade de Welford - I can see 6 points from that lot - so for me it's still 'vantage Clermont.
                          New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                            They've Johnny Todger in Michelin Park and the Herons in Monza to come, so that's at least 9 more points in the bag.

                            Tigers have the Johnnies in Raving Hill - which won't be easy given the Todgers fans' predilection for making lots of noise about very little entertainment, followed by the Herons in Stade de Welford - I can see 6 points from that lot - so for me it's still 'vantage Clermont.
                            Yeah that seems reasonable expectation though the tigers are re-discovering the old cheetah selves.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Point View Post
                              Yeah that seems reasonable expectation though the tigers are re-discovering the old cheetah selves.
                              Leicester have re-discovered very little in my view. Owens won them that game with another rancid display of refereeing. Over the two legs Leicester were hockeyed. Cannon-fodder if they make the last 8 for toulouse and leinster. Clermont will finish on 21 points- the hard work is done. The only issue is whether two will come out of the pool.
                              I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X