Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    The Rockford files was brilliant.
    James Garner is probably the greatest camera actor who ever lived, not a lot of people know that but those who do, do.

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
      Methinksnot
      From ERC Rugby -

(i) the case of any player sent off shall be adjudicated upon by an independent Disciplinary Committee.
      (ii) Citing commissioners are appointed by ERC for all Heineken Cup and all televised Amlin Challenge Cup matches and are entitled to make a citing complaint against a player for any act of foul play that, in the citing commissioner's opinion, warranted a red card. For such matches, clubs do not have the power to make a citing complaint against a player but may refer incidents to the citing commissioner.
      The citing commissioner ordinarily has 50 hours from the start of the match to make a citing complaint and the determination of the citing commissioner is final and binding. The Disciplinary Officer may forward any citing complaint to a citing officer (or 'gatekeeper') to determine whether there are sufficient grounds for the citing complaint to proceed. If a citing complaint is to proceed, the Disciplinary Officer will then bring a complaint against the cited player before an independent judicial officer.
      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
        James Garner is probably the greatest camera actor who ever lived, not a lot of people know that but those who do, do.
        Now you're talking.
        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
          Glad they didn't say that about munster after the first time we played S Toulouse in the HEC when they put 60 on us.
          He probably started supporting munster circa 2006. His rugby knowledge suggests as much.
          I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
            He probably started supporting munster circa 2006. His rugby knowledge suggests as much.
            You know something you're absolutely wrong yet again :D

You have an ability to self pwn that is unsurpassed.

Comment

My own read on the game last night was that Toulouse did enough to win in the first half and probably left the foot off the gas a little. They will be disappointed not to get the bp I think though. These calls for Connacht to be disbanded are just ludicrous. Regardless of how good or bad they are, how many players they bring through or if they get enough funding; they are an integral part of irish rugby and always have been. There are four provinces to rob one of the provinces of their rugby team to give more to the other three is just not on. I hope they learn and develop from this year, that young players around the country see that Connacht is every bit as much a part of Irish rugby as the other three and begin to go and play first team rugby in the Pro12 with Connacht.

Comment

Originally posted by upandout View Post
                My own read on the game last night was that Toulouse did enough to win in the first half and probably left the foot off the gas a little. They will be disappointed not to get the bp I think though. These calls for Connacht to be disbanded are just ludicrous. Regardless of how good or bad they are, how many players they bring through or if they get enough funding; they are an integral part of irish rugby and always have been. There are four provinces to rob one of the provinces of their rugby team to give more to the other three is just not on. I hope they learn and develop from this year, that young players around the country see that Connacht is every bit as much a part of Irish rugby as the other three and begin to go and play first team rugby in the Pro12 with Connacht.

Its only one troll- don't indulge him. He's only been following the game a few years.

We've suffered far bigger beatings then this and survived very well.

There is a world of difference from getting well beaten by a Glasgow and getting well beaten by Toulouse. Last night is the level we have to aspire to.
                I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
                  Its only one troll- don't indulge him. He's only been following the game a few years.
                  Stop imaging things Oracle.

It's not trolling - it's my opinion. Oh and on the other thing once again you are wrong. Seems to be a recurring thing.

Comment

Originally posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post
                    From ERC Rugby -

(i) the case of any player sent off shall be adjudicated upon by an independent Disciplinary Committee.
                    (ii) Citing commissioners are appointed by ERC for all Heineken Cup and all televised Amlin Challenge Cup matches and are entitled to make a citing complaint against a player for any act of foul play that, in the citing commissioner's opinion, warranted a red card. For such matches, clubs do not have the power to make a citing complaint against a player but may refer incidents to the citing commissioner.
                    The citing commissioner ordinarily has 50 hours from the start of the match to make a citing complaint and the determination of the citing commissioner is final and binding. The Disciplinary Officer may forward any citing complaint to a citing officer (or 'gatekeeper') to determine whether there are sufficient grounds for the citing complaint to proceed. If a citing complaint is to proceed, the Disciplinary Officer will then bring a complaint against the cited player before an independent judicial officer.
                    You win some, you lose some.
                    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                      I, for one, do not concur. In fact, I object. So there.
                      +1.
                      As I posted on another thread a while ago, Toulouse put over 60 points on us out there only 24 months before we nearly won the HEC against Saints in 2000. Would have worried about any of the other three provinces facing Toulouse in that form - awesome array of talent with bench of capped men. The only way that Griffin, O'Halloran, O'Donohoe, and co will develop as Ireland needs them to is to play at this level all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                        The Rockford files was brilliant.
                        + 1. The unheroic hero.

Comment

Great atmosphere, that was some physical side that Toulouse put out. I thought the ref gave them a few dodgy calls and they got scores from them and that medard with a bit of luck would have had a hat trick.
                          The score was ok and shows how much work needs to be done. It could have been worse had the lads not taken the finger out at half time. Connacht didn't help themselves with a few stupid penalties and running ball inside the 22.
                          I thought the crowd seemed to have a great time and there was some stink of booze in the place. Crowd got going even when hope was lost.
                          But for the branch it was more about developing something that people want to follow and bums on seats. Great value for people
                          3000 tickets going to gloucester already so that looks like a sellout. 175 euro for a season ticket to the unemployed with 14 free drinks is a giveaway
                          Having seen griffen last night and omalley today I'd rate griffen ahead of him
                          When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Originally posted by Benji View Post
                            Great atmosphere, that was some physical side that Toulouse put out. I thought the ref gave them a few dodgy calls and they got scores from them and that medard with a bit of luck would have had a hat trick.
                            The score was ok and shows how much work needs to be done. It could have been worse had the lads not taken the finger out at half time. Connacht didn't help themselves with a few stupid penalties and running ball inside the 22.
                            I thought the crowd seemed to have a great time and there was some stink of booze in the place. Crowd got going even when hope was lost.
                            But for the branch it was more about developing something that people want to follow and bums on seats. Great value for people
                            3000 tickets going to gloucester already so that looks like a sellout. 175 euro for a season ticket to the unemployed with 14 free drinks is a giveaway
                            Having seen griffen last night and omalley today I'd rate griffen ahead of him
                            The atmosphere in the college road terrace was as dead as a doornail. Was losing the plot at Connacht for running the ball so much, did they really think they'd out run Toulouse? What was more annoying is they did nick one or two lineouts so kicking was generally a better option. Really thought their backrow got owned though, and committed as guys like Muldoon might be, they aren't able to compete with a backrow like Toulouse's, not that many can.
                            It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic View Post
                              The atmosphere in the college road terrace was as dead as a doornail. Was losing the plot at Connacht for running the ball so much, did they really think they'd out run Toulouse? What was more annoying is they did nick one or two lineouts so kicking was generally a better option. Really thought their backrow got owned though, and committed as guys like Muldoon might be, they aren't able to compete with a backrow like Toulouse's, not that many can.
                              I was in the mainstand terrace and it was good considering we were never going to win and the ref wasnt giving us anything. What was the craic with everybody jumping the fence at the college road end to get out after? The grounds looked great but still work to be done on access / toilets and walkways.
                              That was a savage backrow from Toulouse and they will win most of their backrow battles this year and with Nyanga to come off the bench. I dont think George is playing as well as he did when he was here before. He doesnt seem as strong or to be getting his offloads going. On running it so deep against Toulouse it was madness. Even with that players were trying to run through players instead of the soft shoulder.
                              When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Running the ball was a better alternative to kicking it back to that back 3 on the counter attack. That's suicide against Toulouse. It's just that they made every breakdown such a contest, they were really up for it.

Naoupu played very well in the Rabo games he played in up to now. He had no front foot ball, the scrum was a mess and he was retreating every time he picked up the ball from the base. He has put on a bit of weight since he was last here, I'd like him to lose it again and bring more dynamism back into his game

Comment

Working...
                                X