No announcement yet.

Weshties vs Toulouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A noble but futile effort. Proof that Connacht, despite decades of whinging, are still also rans.

Cut the funding, and let their decent players try casting sessions at Munster.
    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post
      A noble but futile effort. Proof that Connacht, despite decades of whinging, are still also rans.

I, for one, do not concur. In fact, I object. So there.
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
        I, for one, do not concur. In fact, I object. So there.
        I'll be sure to give that due consideration.

Comment

I'll be sure to give that due consideration.
          Lovely hurling.
          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Let's have them as a true development province. Many players on the bench or outside of the match day squad players for the other provinces should be there. Results, crowds and Irish rugby prospects for the future could only improve.

Comment

Toulouse were different class tonight, probably the calmest, dryest night in the Sportsground in many a long year so it set up for them to play running rugby.

We were cut to ribbons in the 1st 20, pace was ridiculous and mistakes crept in.

Very dodgy tries given against us though. Had to be double movement in the build up to the 1st try, ref never even went to the TMO. Penalty try was also dodgy, we managed to wheel the scrum 180 yet he gave a penalty try. Scrums were iffy all night, ref seemed to make up his mind before the game that we would be penalised for the night.

It will take a very good team to turn over Toulouse this year if they turn up with that attitude and with weather like that. With all due respect to Gloucester, that was a different Toulouse team that took the field tonight. Medard, Clerc, Jauzion, Beauxis, Picamoles, Servat, Dusatoir and Bouilhou all played.

Great to keep them under the 4 try mark, Noves wasn't happy with that. Thought Gavin Duffy had a super game, led by example once again. This has to be the beginning for Connacht, we must kick on from here

Comment

Did you watch the game JCC?

If not I'd suggest you watch the last 20 (at least), re-assess your comment above and come back to us.

ST are one of the favourites for this competition and for the first half Connacht just stood back and admired 'em; so did the ref (more on that....). 2nd half Connacht started to play and for part of that were better than ST. Ref also gave ST 2 trys which just weren't; 1st was shown that ST player hadn't grounded, was held, didn't release, and what happens? 2nd was scrum wheeled by Connacht; Frankie went ballistic on that, as he should, instead the idiot ref. awarded a PT. Now take 14 points of ST and you'd wonder who's money is better spent - the €25M that ST need each year, or the €2.5M Connacht survive on.

I could never have seen 'em beating ST, but they did play for most of the 2nd half and had the ST boys on the back-foot for a while leading up to the PT. If Connacht had been spoiling like that I'm sure they'd have had another yellow or 2. That the ref made (or didn't make...) such calls made a hell of a difference to the scoreboard.

Comment

Watched the whole game dude.

Comment

Originally posted by 99_oK? View Post
                    Did you watch the game JCC?

If not I'd suggest you watch the last 20 (at least), re-assess your comment above and come back to us.

ST are one of the favourites for this competition and for the first half Connacht just stood back and admired 'em; so did the ref (more on that....). 2nd half Connacht started to play and for part of that were better than ST. Ref also gave ST 2 trys which just weren't; 1st was shown that ST player hadn't grounded, was held, didn't release, and what happens? 2nd was scrum wheeled by Connacht; Frankie went ballistic on that, as he should, instead the idiot ref. awarded a PT. Now take 14 points of ST and you'd wonder who's money is better spent - the €25M that ST need each year, or the €2.5M Connacht survive on.

I could never have seen 'em beating ST, but they did play for most of the 2nd half and had the ST boys on the back-foot for a while leading up to the PT. If Connacht had been spoiling like that I'm sure they'd have had another yellow or 2. That the ref made (or didn't make...) such calls made a hell of a difference to the scoreboard.
                    Dont engage the troll 99. Its been well established by even his own set of fans that this guy has all the rugby knowledge of a dyslexic centipede on roofies. He's simply trying to get a rise out of me and porter. Well he'll be waiting.

Comphrehensively beaten on the night and no complaints. Havent seen Toulouse playing in the flesh pitchside like Munster fans. And the sheer size and power of them is incredible. Fantastic to see so many young Connacht rugby fans getting to see so many superstars up close.
                    Hard to credit how Skrela is considered ahead of Beauxis for France.

Mc Carthy was lucky not to see red. Bad, bad tackle.

I think the ERC has a major problem with officiating at present. The two fundamental problems facing rugby are the breakdown and the scrum and the fact that nobody seems to know how to referee it.
                    I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
                      Dont engage the troll 99. Its been well established by even his own set of fans that this guy has all the rugby knowledge of a dyslexic centipede on roofies. He's simply trying to get a rise out of me and porter. Well he'll be waiting.

Comphrehensively beaten on the night and no complaints. Havent seen Toulouse playing in the flesh pitchside like Munster fans. And the sheer size and power of them is incredible. Fantastic to see so many young Connacht rugby fans getting to see so many superstars up close.
                      Hard to credit how Skrela is considered ahead of Beauxis for France.

Mc Carthy was lucky not to see red. Bad, bad tackle.

I think the ERC has a major problem with officiating at present. The two fundamental problems facing rugby are the breakdown and the scrum and the fact that nobody seems to know how to referee it.
                      As is the way, Outlaw, tis good governance is required. Officials require direction.
                      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

I'll ignore The Oracle's rather lame jibes.

McCarthy's high shot was hideous - surely he's looking at a citing and a lengthy ban?

Comment

I'll ignore The Oracle's rather lame jibes.

McCarthy's high shot was hideous - surely he's looking at a citing and a lengthy ban?
                          Ref dealt with it. Done and dusted.
                          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                            Ref dealt with it. Done and dusted.
                            A citing is still possible I think.

Comment

Methinksnot
                              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Glad they didn't say that about munster after the first time we played S Toulouse in the HEC when they put 60 on us.
                                Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2021.

Comment

Working...
                                X