Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ospreys player in trouble?

http://www.ospreysrugby.com/news/5949.php

"Ospreys Rugby has been made aware of potentially homophobic comments allegedly made by one of our employees via Twitter. We take such issues very seriously and have immediately commenced a full and thorough investigation into this matter. As an organisation we do not tolerate any kind of homophobic behaviour and any employee found to be acting in such a way will face the appropriate action through our internal disciplinary procedures. We operate a well publicised self-policing social media policy that all employees are aware of and fully understand.

There will be no further comment made on this issue until the conclusion of said investigation.

We would, however, like to stress that at no point has Ospreys Rugby 'failed to respond to questions' and are disappointed to see this being reported given that attempted contact with the media outlet in question from ourselves has failed to receive a response."

Once again, hire a social network screener! I'm available at a competitive rate!

20 years ago we hated anyone knowing our business and now we tell each other everything and the world can see it. If you're going to shout about it, then you are going to end up in hot water. Information technology! Pah!
    Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Ospreys will investigate Kristian Phillips’ alleged gay slur tweet:

PinkNews.co.uk received a screenshot of Kristian Phillips’ account on 7 November in which he called Big Brother 2011 winner Aaron Allard-Morgan a “faggot”.

One of the tweets on the 21-year-old’s account read: “Aaron is the biggest loser I have ever seen, trying to turn it around and make Jay and Louise look bad! #BBUK #Faggot #Gimp #Getalife”.

Comment

Can somebody post a list of words that we are allowed use for someone who is gay as I'm so confused.

Comment

World gone PC crazy, silly remark but does he really deserve the treatment he will inevitably get from the hypocrites?

Comment

Not the best quality but gets the point across.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
              World gone PC crazy, silly remark but does he really deserve the treatment he will inevitably get from the hypocrites?
              Perhaps. But looking at a good few of the players accounts, they seem to treat them as near private conversation mediums. If you're in anyway close to having a public profile you'd seriously want to treat twitter accounts as marketing tools and nothing else. Lessons to be learnt for sure.

Comment

I just dont get twitter. Its the soapbox for the modern era, only this soapbox is struggling with the weight of all these people who have almost nothing to say and all too willing to tell us about it. Why would anyone even care what some rugby player has to say about big brother? Its like eavesdropping on conversations on a public bus.
                I am the million man.

Comment

I was like you at first Cowboy, wondering what the point of the whole thing is and twitter is not without it's drawbacks, but it's pro's are many.
                  For example, I have a buddy that is doing UEFA coaching badges, he's found it very useful being able to tweet with coaches at premiership football clubs about it, getting advice etc. If the person is willing to give you a few minutes it's a fantastic tool.
                  I've had conversations with Ken Early, Michael Corcoran, and the film director Edgar Wright over twitter, so if you are reasonable and able to hold a decent conversation people will definitely give you some time.

Plus it's way less in your face and wanting to know every friggin thing about you than Facebook is.

Comment

Originally posted by Weetabix View Post
                    I was like you at first Cowboy, wondering what the point of the whole thing is and twitter is not without it's drawbacks, but it's pro's are many.
                    For example, I have a buddy that is doing UEFA coaching badges, he's found it very useful being able to tweet with coaches at premiership football clubs about it, getting advice etc. If the person is willing to give you a few minutes it's a fantastic tool.
                    I've had conversations with Ken Early, Michael Corcoran, and the film director Edgar Wright over twitter, so if you are reasonable and able to hold a decent conversation people will definitely give you some time.

Plus it's way less in your face and wanting to know every friggin thing about you than Facebook is.

I've found the most useful element of it is newstories and following certain journalists. I couldnt be bothered what heaslips dog looks like nor what X ate last night. I must be getting old, facebooks only purpose for me is keeping in contact with foreign family and friends, this drive to have thousands of 'friends' baffles me. I keep in contact with the people I want to keep in contact with.
                    I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                    X