X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parisse to Leicester???

<H2 =clear>Guinness Premiership transfer rumours</H2>
    <H3>Wednesday 14th March 2007</H3>
    <DIV =story>@@@@SPAN id=intelliTXT>A couple of reports in local papers in England suggest that a brace of big names may be on the move withn and to the Guinness Premiership.

In Bath, the big signig is said to be that of Sale's promising young scrum-half/winger Ben Foden.

Foden, an England age-group player from Under-16 al the way through to Under-21, is struggling to get first-team time at his favoured position of half-back behind Sililo Martens and Richard Wigglesworth.

The Bath Chronicle says that Foden is on the verge of signing a two-year contract at the Rec, with Bath short of cover in the number nine shirt after Andy Williams' departure to the Dragons at the end of this season.

Foden might also cover the wing - where he has started several times for Sale this season - as 31-year-old David Bory may be declared surplus to requirements, with Harlequins thought to be his eventual destination.

Also leaving Bath - although less voluntarily - is Gareth Delve, who has signed for Bath's rivals Gloucester for next season.

Meanwhile, Leicester Tigers have set their sights on Stade Français number eight Sergio Parisse, who is in the final year of his contract in Paris, according to the Leicester Mercury.

Parisse would join Italian team-mate Martin Castrogiovanni, as well as new signings Aaron Mauger and Ayoola Erinle, and possibly Wellington flanker Ben Herring who is currently on trial at Welford Road.

Centres Ollie Smith and Matt Cornwell, and Ireland back-three man Geordan Murphy should tie up new Leicester contracts soon as well, making for a formidable squad at Welford Road for next season. @@@@/SPAN></DIV>
    <DIV =story>@@@@SPAN>@@@@/SPAN></DIV>
    <DIV =story>@@@@SPAN>I would love to have him here....I know Quinny is a hero and all that but this young lad,only 24,is very very good.With Taylor coming to Stade and Martin,Bergamasco,Sowerby and co fighting for places he might pack up.@@@@/SPAN></DIV>
    <DIV =story>@@@@SPAN>Leicester have had quite the spending spree@@@@/SPAN><!- /intelliTXT -></DIV>
    Shaqtastic...29 points

At last Herring comes through - he's a very promising flanker who shone with Southland a couple of seasons ago before the Blues snapped him up!

Good one Tigers. Oh - and we'll gladly take Parisse too!
    New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by 123UCG
      <H2 ="clear">@@@@SPAN id=intelliTXT>Centres Ollie Smith and Matt Cornwell, and Ireland back-three man Geordan Murphy should tie up new Leicester contracts soon as well, making for a formidable squad at Welford Road for next season. @@@@/SPAN></H2>

So he isnt contracted, so we may still be after him, interesting
      Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Yes we are still after him....have been told that its all upto him now, on whether he signs or not.
        Personally I think the way things have gone for him over the last month or so, I can see him staying with Leicester.

Comment

That's some squad that Leicester are putting together [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]
          Con Artist

Comment

its getting like soccer-they will be hardly any english players there in a couple of seasons and the england national team, as in soccer, will suffer
            If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

How are they affording this? Don't they have a salary cap in place?

I know Parisse was looking for a move as the arrival of Taylor will affect his appearances. He had been approached by Gloucester who have now turned their attentions to Gareth Delve I'm told.

Comment

Tigers for the HEC next season.
                <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
                http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
                </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Originally posted by ceemec

I know Parisse was looking for a move as the arrival of Taylor will affect his appearances. He had been approached by Gloucester who have now turned their attentions to Gareth Delve I'm told.

They have a millionaire bankrolling them and have sold out 80k matches a few times recently. Don't know if there is a salary cap in france but don't think so.
                  The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                  - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Originally posted by ceemec

There's no salary cap in French Rugby, afaik.

The SF Paris owner is Max Guazaini, a multi-millionaire who runs the club as a hobby and seems to be making quite a success of getting Parisians interested in the great game. Fair play to him.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Sorry, meant how on earth are Leicester affording this, not Stade. GP has a cap I believe. They already have a squad full of internationals. I'm sure Murphy and Smith aren't re-signing for cheap. Now add Erinle, Mauger and Parisse to that. They'll be on big money, especially Mauger. Surely they must be hitting their salary cap?

Comment

Daryl Gibson, Jennings and Cullen are on the way out. I wouldnt be surprised to see Burke and Bemand going too.
                        My computer thinks I'm gay
                        What's the difference anyway
                        When all the people do all day
                        Is stare into a phone

Comment

It is extraordinary. Mauger is a massive signing for them and Parisse would give them one hell of a backrow, although I'msurprised they haven't gone for a player who wouldn't be tied up like Corry for 6N's and international duty. Parisse is only 23.

There is much talk of a exodus from MZ right after the WC if only for 2 yrs or so while players line their pockets before returning to compete for WC 2011 spots. There really is some unbelievable talent in Auckland that can't crack the Blues team on a regular basis, even with the AB 22 out on conditioning work. For example, Munster really should take a look at the likes of Sam Tuitupou (powerhouse with and without the ball at 12), Howlett (wing or 15), and there is decent front 5 talent across the board.

Comment

I read somewhere that last season leicester posted a profit of a million sterling

that is seriously great going for a club, they must be extremely well run

on Parisse I think he's the best No 8 in the world ever so slightly ahead of leamy

not as destructive in the tackle, but his skill level is unbelievable maybe its just the games I've seen but he alwayslooks like theMoM. A supreme athelete as well

Comment

Tigers are a well run and profitable club, fair play to them.

I may be wrong but I don't think there is a sugar daddy behind them.

They are highly commercial, well supported, have a big expensive squad, and still make money.

Lots of good examples to learn there for Irish rugby.

Comment

Working...
                              X