Taylor leaves Scotland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taylor leaves Scotland

@@@@SPAN id=intelliTXT>The exodus of Scotland internationals from the domestic game continued today as Edinburgh back-row forward Simon Taylor agreed to join Stade Francais for the next three seasons.

His move comes in the wake of club-mate Rob Dewey and Borders wing Simon Danielli securing moves to Ulster, and they will be followed out of Scotland by a host of internationals.

Taylor, who won his 51st cap in Saturday's humiliating defeat to Italy in the Six Nations, has signed a three-year contract with Stade Francais.

News of the 27-year-old's departure will infuriate Edinburgh, whose chairman Alex Carruthers claimed Taylor would have been "discourteous" and "silly" if he had held talks with the French club.

According to Stade, Taylor met with club president Max Guazzini "on several occasions@@@@/SPAN>
    Shaqtastic...29 points

I wonder how the man of glass will get on in the Top 14. They have some set of back-rowers with Parisse, Bergamasco, Martin, Sowerby and Rabadan. I wonder will one of them be moving on (if they haven't already decided to do so).

Hard to belive that he is only 27.

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Must be some movement on, can't see why SF would be bothered with Taylor otherwise.

In the broader sense the rush out of Scotland is bad news for the game overall. The SRFU seem to have wrote the book on how not to handle professional rugby. Withthe Borders days looking numbered, Glasgow barely showing at ML level and Edinburgh with only scraps to show again in the HEC, it's hardly surprising players will inevitably chase the sugar-daddy clubs of the EPL, Top14 and maybe even other ML clubs. The notion of resurrecting a London Scottish ML team when the previous incarnation was sold off to Richmond is grasping at straws territory. How hard will it be for them to re-build at national levelwithso many oftheir players tied to ironclad club contracts in other countries?. ...and the SRFU must be worried that the free-fall could get even worse for them before the 6N finishes. Not to mention a potentially embarrassing World cup.

Not one for praising the IRFU at the best of times but how lucky we are that they made the decisions re player contracts that they did.

Comment

SRU seem to be resigned to giving up on their districts either that or it's a cunning plot to reduce the number of pro teams to 2 by using the novel excuse of there not being enough players to fill 3 pro teams and all of a sudden they are free to open up their 3rd franchise in London in a couple of years[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by The Dave
          SRU seem to be resigned to giving up on their districts either that or it's a cunning plot to reduce the number of pro teams to 2 by using the novel excuse of there not being enough players to fill 3 pro teams and all of a sudden they are free to open up their 3rd franchise in London in a couple of years[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Going by the SRU's previous actions I honestly don't see them having a "cunning plan". The SRU simply does not think ahead. They are crisis driven and lurch from one disaster to the next.

Having said that, they may well rationalise their pro-teams and survive the way Argentina/Italy do with their top players earning a living paid for in other leagues. [img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born
            I wonder how the man of glass will get on in the Top 14. They have some set of back-rowers with Parisse, Bergamasco, Martin, Sowerby and Rabadan. I wonder will one of them be moving on (if they haven't already decided to do so).

Parisse is currently talking to Gloucester.

Comment

Originally posted by ceemec

Originally posted by The Word Is Born

Parisse is currently talking to Gloucester.

Really! That would be some siging.Guess Bortolami is involved.
              The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
              - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

More good news for english rugby. [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

My computer thinks I'm gay
                What's the difference anyway
                When all the people do all day
                Is stare into a phone

Comment

Working...
                X