No announcement yet.

Super rugby 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

very little breakdown work allowed..... totally changes the game... do we like it?
        we need more info... and understand what the refs allow.

Comment

Watched the Crusaders Chiefs game earlier. Weather was terrible and they were knocking on a dropping balls all over the place. Ball was like a bar of soap. Entertaining but extremely scrappy.

When Munster play like that in the depths of winter, people complain about our skill levels, but those conditions make even the Crusaders look very ordinary.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
            Watched the Crusaders Chiefs game earlier. Weather was terrible and they were knocking on a dropping balls all over the place. Ball was like a bar of soap. Entertaining but extremely scrappy.

When Munster play like that in the depths of winter, people complain about our skill levels, but those conditions make even the Crusaders look very ordinary.
            Watched a few games so far, the new rucking laws certainly increase the speed of the game, and active competition for the ball, but put a huge onus on the ref and officials, I dread to think what a mess some of the pro14 stalwarts will make of the new interpretations.

Comment

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-...rowds/12404934

Australian super rugby starts this weekend.

Super rugby changes:
              • 10 minutes of golden point extra time in event of draw
              • Teams able to replace red-carded players after 20 minutes
              • Goal-line drop out if player is held up in goal or defender knocks on instead of five-metre scrum
              • If a player kicks the ball into touch on the bounce from inside their own half to opposition 22, the kicking team gets the line out

Comment

The Reds are playing the Waratahs today at 10.05 Limerick Time
                Highlander Vs Crusaders Saturday morning 08.05 Limerick time
                Brumbies Vs Melbourne Rebels saturday morning 10.15 Limerick time
                Chiefs Vs Hurricanes Sunday morning 04.05 Limerick time. (these 2 teams are without a win so far, c'mon Dutchie)..

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
                  https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-...rowds/12404934

Australian super rugby starts this weekend.

Super rugby changes:
                  • 10 minutes of golden point extra time in event of draw
                  • Teams able to replace red-carded players after 20 minutes
                  • Goal-line drop out if player is held up in goal or defender knocks on instead of five-metre scrum
                  • If a player kicks the ball into touch on the bounce from inside their own half to opposition 22, the kicking team gets the line out
                  This rule has gotten a fair bit of backlash on twitter, but I thought it worked pretty well today. It really punishes defences that have too many players on the front-line of their defense and in turn, creates a little bit more space for the offensive team. I think it has the potential to add another really interesting dimension to rugby.
                  Last edited by Mumhain; 3-July-2020, 20:47.

Comment

Comment

Mixed views on the Aussies Rugby League Law variations. I like the 50/22 kick, has potential. The drop out from your own line instead of a scrum, no thanks.

The Reds flanker almost did a Conor Murray and take advantage when the ball was in the Tahs' goal area but he started in offside position. Very poor crowd compared to the New Zealand version.

Comment

Originally posted by neill_m View Post
                        Mixed views on the Aussies Rugby League Law variations. I like the 50/22 kick, has potential. The drop out from your own line instead of a scrum, no thanks.

The Reds flanker almost did a Conor Murray and take advantage when the ball was in the Tahs' goal area but he started in offside position. Very poor crowd compared to the New Zealand version.
                        Not a big fan of that rule either, assuming the idea is to reduce the amount of scrums and therefore speed up the game, but I don't see any real advantage for the offensive team.

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
                          [*]Goal-line drop out if defender knocks on instead of five-metre scrum
                          What is the "logic" for want of a better word behind this?

Comment

This is a cracking game...
                            Highlanders crusaders....

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X