Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ustix
    replied
    BP win at home v the Kings, Conor Fitz conducting things for the first 50 mins.

Leave a comment:

• Munsterboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post
    As good as it is for the IRFU to reward Bundee and help Connacht by doing so, a bit of me thinks that they haven't learned their lesson in regards to handing out contracts where the back end of it will see the player in their mid 30s and probably in some form of decline. He'll be 33 by the end of this extension and he plays a very physical brand of rugby which takes a toll as the years pass. It is great for him and Connacht b/c they need him to compete at a high level, but I just hope it doesn't turn into another Sean O'Brien situation where the last year and more was a string of injuries, rehabbing, coming back and going out injured again.
    Key player for Connacht though, so if this was what was required to keep him, so be it. Would have been a massive blow to the province to lose a talismanic player and fan favourite like him. Shouldn’t guarantee him his place on the Ireland squad but that’s another issue.

Leave a comment:

• Finnegan79
    replied
    As good as it is for the IRFU to reward Bundee and help Connacht by doing so, a bit of me thinks that they haven't learned their lesson in regards to handing out contracts where the back end of it will see the player in their mid 30s and probably in some form of decline. He'll be 33 by the end of this extension and he plays a very physical brand of rugby which takes a toll as the years pass. It is great for him and Connacht b/c they need him to compete at a high level, but I just hope it doesn't turn into another Sean O'Brien situation where the last year and more was a string of injuries, rehabbing, coming back and going out injured again.

Leave a comment:

• acskerries
    replied
    Delighted with this. Great that IRFU have committed to Bundee and to Connacht.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Gibson
    replied
    Bundee has signed a new 3-year deal too.

Leave a comment:

• jagawayagain
    replied
    Originally posted by ustix View Post
    Any truth in talk that Kieran Marmian has re-signed for a few more seasons in the West?
    Announced last week, I believe.

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Any truth in talk that Kieran Marmian has re-signed for a few more seasons in the West?
    Last edited by ustix; 27th-November-2019, 20:50.

Leave a comment:

• RED 49
    replied
    15_14 Toulouse lead coming up to ht

Leave a comment:

• whimpersnap
    replied
    Fainga'a has single-handedly lost his team the game there. Idiot.

Leave a comment:

• whimpersnap
    replied
    New three-year contract for Marmion. Either his agent has played a blinder and got him a pay hike or Sarries have cancelled plans for Marmz Investments Co.

Leave a comment:

• Spiffy
    replied
    Great result for a seriously-weakened westie's team. I have always liked Marmion, but have to acknowledge that Blade looks to be playing himself into contenion for the Ireland SH squad selection. On recent form he's at least as good as McGrath.

Leave a comment:

• Munsterboy
    replied
    Brilliant stuff from Connacht. Had a load of injuries but still fronted up and played some excellent rugby. Fair play.

Leave a comment:

• lawrence
    replied
    Copey looked to have a fine game for a player that wasn’t meant to start. He’s someone who turns it on some days.

Leave a comment:

• anthonyl
    replied
    Great stuff in Galway, Looked to be riddled with injuries, serious balls on them. Fair play

Leave a comment:

• FORWARD....
    replied
    23-20 Connacht penalty from Conor Fitzgerald, who had just come on. I thought they hadn't a hope before ko but delighted to be wrong.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X