Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ulster Rugby thread 2019-2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by blueberry View Post

    They must reckon they'll never defend their way to victory so it's all out attack ! Everyone except Burns in the backline has a bit of game-breaking ability, and everyone except the halfs are much better in attack than defence (maybe a little unfair on Hume, but a youngster playing at 13 is always vulnerable).

    With Addison and Baloucoune to come back from injury (is Marshall just not selected ?) and Aaron Sexton coming through, they look to be in good shape for next year in the backs at least.

    6-2 bench split is a bit odd given the above though.
    Marshall injured
    Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
    http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

    Comment


      Originally posted by blueberry View Post

      They must reckon they'll never defend their way to victory so it's all out attack ! Everyone except Burns in the backline has a bit of game-breaking ability, and everyone except the halfs are much better in attack than defence (maybe a little unfair on Hume, but a youngster playing at 13 is always vulnerable).

      With Addison and Baloucoune to come back from injury (is Marshall just not selected ?) and Aaron Sexton coming through, they look to be in good shape for next year in the backs at least.

      6-2 bench split is a bit odd given the above though.
      Big test for Hume but, a bit like Daly for us, he’s been one of their better players since the resumption. Doesn’t get the hype he would if he was in blue (who does?), but he looks quality.

      Comment


        Oh the blind hope of fans. The reality is, Ulster will do well to avoid a heavy defeat.

        But for 2 exceptional kicks by Madser Edinburgh would be playing Leinster, the pen that gave them the win was a very big lucky break. All credit to Ulster for grabbing any gifts but Edinburgh were the better team and it was more them losing it than Ulster winning it. Edinburgh would take a heavy beating by Leinster also.
        Stand up for the Ulcer men

        Comment


          Originally posted by Spiffy View Post

          Hope Hendo is properly fit. That's a massive boost for Ulster, both physically and psychologically. Would not expect much more than 40 mins out of him.

          Little Michael Lowry can expect a busy day at FB and will be peppered from the off.
          We better not be relying on bombing a fullback and instead should concentrate on playing ball in hand rugby

          Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

          Comment


            Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
            We better not be relying on bombing a fullback and instead should concentrate on playing ball in hand rugby

            Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
            Leinster will play running rugby OK, but they certainly will be out to test Lowry with the high ball too. He is small and light - they would be daft not to. Hope to see him running plenty back at them.
            Erse end of nowhere

            Comment


              Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
              Oh the blind hope of fans. The reality is, Ulster will do well to avoid a heavy defeat.

              But for 2 exceptional kicks by Madser Edinburgh would be playing Leinster, the pen that gave them the win was a very big lucky break. All credit to Ulster for grabbing any gifts but Edinburgh were the better team and it was more them losing it than Ulster winning it. Edinburgh would take a heavy beating by Leinster also.
              I hope your wrong. I think you're doing Ulster a disservice. Edinburgh were out on their feet at 60mins. The final penalty was hardly lucky, it was a deliberate knock-on, it's in the rules.
              Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
              http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

              Comment


                Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post

                I hope your wrong. I think you're doing Ulster a disservice. Edinburgh were out on their feet at 60mins. The final penalty was hardly lucky, it was a deliberate knock-on, it's in the rules.
                A lot of truth in that, but re the penalty, it was a tired reflexive slap at the ball, he knew he should have left it. Yes, Edinburgh went off at 100 miles an hour and if you don't put your opponents away you might end up hanging on. Ulster found purchase on the blind side and Edinburgh did not counter that. But if the Edinburgh player had left the final pass alone............
                But a focused Leinster are 2 levels above either Edinburgh or Ulster.
                Stand up for the Ulcer men

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post

                  I hope your wrong. I think you're doing Ulster a disservice. Edinburgh were out on their feet at 60mins. The final penalty was hardly lucky, it was a deliberate knock-on, it's in the rules.
                  I don’t think you were lucky to beat Edinburgh, Jackie, but you only just scraped the win and they’re not nearly as strong as Leinster.

                  You’ll need to improve a lot.

                  Comment


                    A friend from Dubland sent me this. They’re not feeling the love...

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	AE918C89-AB6E-470B-9B08-69FED88FAE72.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	2605998
                    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                    Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                    Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                    Comment


                      Only correction I would make to that is that there would be certain areas of the blue quarter which should also be white!
                      Tis but a scratch.

                      Comment


                        James Hume, by god!
                        Tis but a scratch.

                        Comment


                          Thoroughly enjoyed Lowe eating the turf there!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by lilleexile View Post
                            Thoroughly enjoyed Lowe eating the turf there!
                            You pipped me to it!

                            Kearney-esque goalie dive
                            I am the million man.

                            Comment


                              Oh dear herring off after 20!

                              HIA apparently

                              Comment


                                Great game so far, up to the 25th minute...

                                But you feel Leinster are starting to get the upper hands, they are winning at the breakdown, and Ulster need to sort out their lineout and lineout defense...
                                He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X