X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lawrence
    replied
    Originally posted by offshorerules View Post
    Sexton out for the return game confirmed. Tomane and O'Loughlin are also out and Ryan is following return to play protocols following a head injury. Is Ryan the biggest loss? I think so. Ross Byrne should have gone to Japan in my opinion.
    I don’t think he should have gone to japan, but that’s because he hadn’t been involved previously. He should have been involved previous to japan though, he has been a fine 10 for the last 2 seasons and has easily done as much as Carthy.

If Sexton misses the 6 nations it could be a blessing in disguise.

Leave a comment:

• offshorerules
    replied
    Sexton out for the return game confirmed. Tomane and O'Loughlin are also out and Ryan is following return to play protocols following a head injury. Is Ryan the biggest loss? I think so. Ross Byrne should have gone to Japan in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• whimpersnap
    replied
    Hammering Northampton at Franklin's Gardens can only mean one thing - getting pasted at the Aviva next week at a game nobody can be arsed going to.

Leave a comment:

• Spiffy
    replied
    Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
    VDF is a turnover machine. Doris has gone very well today as well.
    Doris looks a bit special. Big, athletic,powerful and intelligent. He's only 21 but could well play himself into contention for a cap this season. At present, he and Stander are the best Irish 8s. Conan will find it hard to get back into the Leinster/Ireland setup if Doris holds this form. Max Deegan is not that far behind him either.

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post
    That’s Leinstertainment
    Yeah, you can be singing that to yourself in your shower

Leave a comment:

• Oldschoolsocks
    replied
    Originally posted by ustix View Post

That's the spirit. Up with the yoots.
    Some win today
    That’s Leinstertainment

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post
    Nah, don’t see it - too many compromises there
    That's the spirit. Up with the yoots.
    Some win today

Leave a comment:

• Spiffy
    replied
    Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

Apart from box kicking JGP is a better passer, runner, support player and uses the kick as more of a last resort compared to McGrath.
    JGP did not impress as a runner when he didn't have the gas to run in that try when he was put clean through. I think McGrath would pprobably have scored in that situation.

Anyway - Irish SHs that I would rate ahead of JGP - Murray, Cooney, Marmion, Blade, McGrath.

Leave a comment:

• Oldschoolsocks
    replied
    Originally posted by ustix View Post
    Alternatively Oss, Ruddock plays 8 today and the aging Fardy starts at 6 at the expense of yer Doris or Deego gaining crucial big-game experience. Non?
    Nah, don’t see it - too many compromises there

Leave a comment:

• Mike Gibson
    replied
    Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
    Gibson-Park is not a better scrum half than McGrath. There's talk about him making the Ireland squad when he's residency qualified. I hope not.
    He's already residency qualified.

Leave a comment:

• JN.Allezdax.com
    replied
    Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post

Did you watch the game? Saints were not bad at all. Just not clinical enough. They play a nice brand of rugby
    Precisely when you see what they proposed in the domains of pace, speed, fight, and when you see the final result, you can imagine there is not so much to do against such a Leinster team.

Leave a comment:

• JN.Allezdax.com
    replied
    My Goodness! 43-16, 7 tries to 1... In Franklin's Garden! Leinster literally destroyed the Saints, they wrecked their spirit. After the 5th try, they let the initiative of the game to the local players who spent nearly 20 minutes bnaging their heads against a terrific wall. And after that, two incursions in the english half, bang-bang!, two tries more.
    Deserved MOTM for JVdF. At a moment, I hesitated to choose between him and Jordan Larmour who put the Saints' defense under red alert every time he got the ball, but VdF has such a volume of activity in attack and most of all in defense, he is about to develop in a huge 7.
    Terrific performance by the Blue Shirts. Can only be full of admiration when they play so, at their normal, physical, mental and technical level

Leave a comment:

• Upfront_1979
    replied
    Originally posted by bigron View Post
    I think we can comfortably assume Northampton will not be winning the Premiership any time soon.
    Did you watch the game? Saints were not bad at all. Just not clinical enough. They play a nice brand of rugby

Leave a comment:

• bigron
    replied
    I think we can comfortably assume Northampton will not be winning the Premiership any time soon.

Leave a comment:

• jagawayagain
    replied
    Fine win for Leinster- we’ll done lads.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X