No announcement yet.

Leinster 2019/2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeepers I really don’t like James Lowe. That whooping and hollering at 26 mins with the game won.... really hope I am not conflicted with trying to support him in an Irish shirt in the future. Fine with Bundee Aki, Stander Michael Bent etc,JPG etc. It’s just him.

Comment

That lad Kelleher, Leinster hooker, caught the eye. Big, powerful, and mobile and just 21. Apparently started as a back, then a backrower. Don't be surprised if he leapfrogs a few more established players this season.
      Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
        That lad Kelleher, Leinster hooker, caught the eye. Big, powerful, and mobile and just 21. Apparently started as a back, then a backrower. Don't be surprised if he leapfrogs a few more established players this season.
        Yes/ and very consistent this season. Connacht just didn’t deal with Leinster’s ‘press’ ( or tendency to be offside at the breakdown. Was looking forward to seeing the half backs on both sides, and Tom Farrell, but there was only one side in it.

Comment

Originally posted by reded View Post
          Jeepers I really don’t like James Lowe. That whooping and hollering at 26 mins with the game won.... really hope I am not conflicted with trying to support him in an Irish shirt in the future. Fine with Bundee Aki, Stander Michael Bent etc,JPG etc. It’s just him.
          Have to say what I saw is him counter tucking like a demon on 65 minutes with an enthusiasm to just fvkin win. Love that man
          Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post
            Have to say what I saw is him counter tucking like a demon on 65 minutes with an enthusiasm to just fvkin win. Love that man
            He’s been a fantastic signing for Leinster, would be a terrific addition to the national side if he qualifies.

Kelleher looks like like he could be the next long term hooker at Leinster but it’s a bit early talking about him being Bests replacement. That said though there will be a couple of other provincial hookers looking over their shoulders now and wondering if a centralised contract will be offered.
            "They’re the benchmark that everyone else has to raise their game to meet." Alan Quinlan on Leinster

Comment

Leinster were very very good last night. Poor Connacht were blown away by the pack.
              "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

Originally posted by offshorerules View Post

He’s been a fantastic signing for Leinster, would be a terrific addition to the national side if he qualifies.

Kelleher looks like like he could be the next long term hooker at Leinster but it’s a bit early talking about him being Bests replacement. That said though there will be a couple of other provincial hookers looking over their shoulders now and wondering if a centralised contract will be offered.
                On what I have seen of him so far he should make the squad for the HC games and he looks to have the game to push on from there - he looks like a great prospect coming along at just the right time. Liked the look of Connors(?) @ 7 too looks like another useful player, tacking around the shoelaces behind the gain line like an old school 7. Not sure if he was offside all night and not spotted or has genuine pace.
                Have to respect their underage structures, they keep churning out kids who look ready made for the pro game.

Comment

Originally posted by reded View Post
                  Yeah he does seem like an absolute nuisance out there, the whooping at that penalty was a bit disgraceful. That's the sort of stuff Itoje gets ripped for, no different for Lowe. Show a bit of class. Never going to forget that cheap shot he put on Conway. Total bush league move.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

Yeah he does seem like an absolute nuisance out there, the whooping at that penalty was a bit disgraceful. That's the sort of stuff Itoje gets ripped for, no different for Lowe. Show a bit of class. Never going to forget that cheap shot he put on Conway. Total bush league move.
                    The shot on Conway was appalling, but I can see Craig Casey being similarly wired in a couple of years when he sneaks in in the corner under Lowe’s tackle. I don’t like that side of players, whoever they play for.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

The shot on Conway was appalling, but I can see Craig Casey being similarly wired in a couple of years when he sneaks in in the corner under Lowe’s tackle. I don’t like that side of players, whoever they play for.
                      Yeah, it's a bit ridiculous when guys go nuts during the middle of the game. Scoring a try in the 78th minute which seals the deal, yeah I can see it. That's a whole lot of tension built up which gets released. Getting a bit wild before halftime is silly.

Comment

You guys are just getting a bit wired now...

Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

Yeah, it's a bit ridiculous when guys go nuts during the middle of the game. Scoring a try in the 78th minute which seals the deal, yeah I can see it. That's a whole lot of tension built up which gets released. Getting a bit wild before halftime is silly.
                          Sarries do this. It's a head games thing, showing your opposition how unified and keyed in the whole team are

Intimidating effort
                          I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
                            I’d read he was a prop previously and is known for being as strong as his brother is fast. If Niall Scannell wasn’t deemed good enough to displace Best then Kelleher should be fast tracked into the jersey. People need to stop with this he’s just 21 BS, or “it’s too early to say if he’s Bests replacement” if you’re good enough you’re old enough just look at Tom Curry, in Ireland he’d have stayed at home for the WC.
                            \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post

I’d read he was a prop previously and is known for being as strong as his brother is fast. If Niall Scannell wasn’t deemed good enough to displace Best then Kelleher should be fast tracked into the jersey. People need to stop with this he’s just 21 BS, or “it’s too early to say if he’s Bests replacement” if you’re good enough you’re old enough just look at Tom Curry, in Ireland he’d have stayed at home for the WC.
                              He’s certainly shaping up very well- let’s see how he does in the Hcup. Scannell is next in line, but he will be under a lot of pressure from KOB and Marshall at Munster, herring will also be in with a shout, so fascinating competition brewing up, after so long when there was little chance the best wouldn’t play.

Comment

I think if Herring is your man at intl level you’re in trouble, his opponents in 6n are vastly more powerful.
                                \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Working...
                                X