No announcement yet.

Leinster 2019/2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So long as Balcony Bob and TO'H are not in the equation that will do me.

Comment

Originally posted by LPAC View Post

Very small International back 3. Might struggle against the likes of England France in physicality stakes. I'd have Earls, Addisson, Stockdale.
      Yet of the three you retain the smallest lad who’s showing the least form?

Also being tall in and of itself dosent necessary make you a great back three player, it’s often an indication that you are good under the high ball which both Larmour and Conway have been this year.
      Last edited by Joe Konys barmy army; 2nd-January-2020, 16:46.
      “One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

Comment

Stockdale's defensive liabilities have been exposed in 2019, if he works them out, great. If not, you can't have him as a starting winger when you have defensively sound guys available who are also great in attack like Conway and Earls. Larmour has worked on his defense and getting better at fielding the high ball, which were the exact things he needed to do in order to overtake Kearney besides being great going forward. Stockdale needs to do something similar in order to secure a spot in the starting team.

Comment

Congrats Jordan
          “One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

Comment

Leinster team to play Connacht on Jan 4th. KO 5.30pm

Jordan Larmour; Fergus McFadden, Garry Ringrose, Joe Tomane, Dave Kearney; Ciaran Frawley, Luke McGrath; Peter Dooley, Sean Cronin, Tadhg Furlong; Ross Molony, James Ryan; Rhys Ruddock (c), Will Connors, Max Deegan

Bryan Byrne, Ed Byrne, Roman Salanoa, Ryan Baird, Caelan Doris, Jamison Gibson-Park, Harry Byrne, Cian Kelleher

Comment

Roman who??
              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
                Leinster team to play Connacht on Jan 4th. KO 5.30pm

Jordan Larmour; Fergus McFadden, Garry Ringrose, Joe Tomane, Dave Kearney; Ciaran Frawley, Luke McGrath; Peter Dooley, Sean Cronin, Tadhg Furlong; Ross Molony, James Ryan; Rhys Ruddock (c), Will Connors, Max Deegan

Bryan Byrne, Ed Byrne, Roman Salanoa, Ryan Baird, Caelan Doris, Jamison Gibson-Park, Harry Byrne, Cian Kelleher
                They've fulfilled their Byrne quota.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
                  Roman who??
                  Roman Salanoa, of Maltese extraction iirc

Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                    Roman Salanoa, of Maltese extraction iirc
                    Hawaiian.
                    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post

Hawaiian.
                      A hotbed for hairy prop forwards
                      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

They recruited that Hawaiian lad into their sub academy after he played for US U20s. Mostly played American Football in high school and is a bit of a monster.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Honest question: has any player done less to become so many people’s chosen fullback than Addison?

I think he looks a decent attacking player, and he has good pace, but between injuries, shifting positions etc. has he really shown he’s a better option than Larmour, Haley, TOH, Conway and Stockdale?
                          Addison has looked a bit special in his last couple of games for Ulster, both in attack and defence. But Larmour does not deserve to be dropped on his RWC form and post RWC games for Leinster. He has improved tremendously as an all-round FB and should hold his Ireland shirt until someone clearly better displaces him.. I think Conway is a very good FB but is not picked in that slot for Ireland or Munster. TOH can be great, but seems to have missed the boat. Stockdale is a bit of a stand-in FB, but a very good wing when he is in top form. I don't think Haley is quite international class. Addison would be a useful bencher in the 23 man match squad, since he can cover centre, wing and FB.
                          I think Earls is a great wing, but perhaps not in top form at present. Would not be surprised to see a back three of Larmour/Conway/Stockdale against Scotland. Club form in the next few weeks could be crucial to selection and it will be a close thing.

Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Leinster have the bonus point after 20min. The Westies are falling off tackles but every Leinster player is playing awesome rugby

Comment

Undoubtedly the finest conveyor belt in the universe
                              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by DABOSS View Post
                                Leinster have the bonus point after 20min. The Westies are falling off tackles but every Leinster player is playing awesome rugby
                                It’s galling to be in the same country and league as Leinster but that’s the standard to be measured against. It’s some organisation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                                Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X