No announcement yet.

Leinster 2019/2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair play Ulster U12s. When Leinster took off some of their big guns it was a good contest.

Leo called for a big response to being dropped from Kearney and Cronin. Don’t think that display will get either of them back in the Irish squad.

Comment

96 points... Harlem Globetrotters ****e! Give me 3-0 on the back pitch at Thomond any day of the week over that!
      \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Well done the Ulster kids - a fine second half performance against all the odds , a demoralizing first half and a bunch of injuries.
        We've never heard of half those players.
        Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Bill Johnston really grew into that game. Second half, with so many kids on, he was calling the shots with authority and playing better too. Needs to do more of that.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
            True, but remember that Ulster are playing a lot of kids and fringe players tonight.
            Ah yeah I know but still very impressive by Leinster.

They must be firm, firm favourites for the Pro14, Champions Cup and will surely brush past us with ease next week.
            Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
              Agreed but we have had games like that in the pro 14 semi finals etc.

I do think that if full teams were out I would expect 3 Leinster wins, 1 Munster win, 2 ulster wins (Munster/Connacht), 0 wins for Connacht

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
              Don't be an arse
              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

A few injuries allowed Ulster get back into a game that Leinster has wrapped up very early. Max Deegan has a fine game and Cian Kelleher on the wing looks a right prospect.

The performance of the game however was the TMO. Clancy was in the middle with his whistle, and if Leinster gave away 10 penalties then 7 of them were for offside but I’m fairly sure Clancy didn’t call any of them, it was the TMO. Leinster line speed is sharp, at times to sharp but I don’t see how a TMO can get the angles necessary to make those call all the time, and how Clancy who has the perfect view doesn’t call them.

Comment

[QUOTE=Munsterboy;n2588189]Fair play Ulster U12s. When Leinster took off some of their big guns it was a good contest.

Leo called for a big response to being dropped from Kearney and Cronin. Don’t think that display will get either of them bac

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                    Fair play Ulster U12s. When Leinster took off some of their big guns it was a good contest.

Leo called for a big response to being dropped from Kearney and Cronin. Don’t think that display will get either of them back in the Irish squad.
                    Did Ulster have any big guns? Did Leinster have big guns on the bench?
                    proud of the team tonight. Especially the kids. Balls of steel.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                      A few injuries allowed Ulster get back into a game that Leinster has wrapped up very early. Max Deegan has a fine game and Cian Kelleher on the wing looks a right prospect.

The performance of the game however was the TMO. Clancy was in the middle with his whistle, and if Leinster gave away 10 penalties then 7 of them were for offside but I’m fairly sure Clancy didn’t call any of them, it was the TMO. Leinster line speed is sharp, at times to sharp but I don’t see how a TMO can get the angles necessary to make those call all the time, and how Clancy who has the perfect view doesn’t call them.
                      Nonsense. Blaming that score on the TMO is weak. The truth is, Ulster simply never gave up.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                        Six tries for Ulster, still lose by 12 points in a 96 point game. FT 54-42.
                        Hope the injury to Angus Curtis isn't as bad as it looked/sounded.
                        It sounded bad alright, but think it was an arm/shoulder injury. I noticed his arm in a shirt sling at the end. Maybe dislocated shoulder?

Comment

Originally posted by Munch View Post

Nonsense. Blaming that score on the TMO is weak. The truth is, Ulster simply never gave up.
                          I’m not blaming the TMO for anything, a few things fell Ulster’s way, one of which was their attitude to keep
                          playing, injuries and HIA’s helped. but If Clancy had kept ignoring the offsides by Leinster and the TMO wasn’t calling penalties then they wouldn’t have got the chances that they converted.

Comment

At one point Clancy was on the far side of a ruck, with Ulster playing from the base, he shouted at a leinster forward who was offside, player didn’t move back and made the tackle on the Ulster receiver. No penalty until the TMO told Clancy that a leinster Winger was offside.

Clancy wouldnt even penalise the offsides that he did see, when he eventually gave a YC for offside leinster gave away another penalty for the same thing, Toe-land said it in the commentary that it should have been another YC and he has a point.

Comment

Originally posted by Munch View Post

It sounded bad alright, but think it was an arm/shoulder injury. I noticed his arm in a shirt sling at the end. Maybe dislocated shoulder?
                              Looked like his left knee went badly wrong underneath him and they were pumping up a leg brace / sling before putting him on the buggy. Dislocated knee more likely than A dislocated shoulder

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

I’m not blaming the TMO for anything, a few things fell Ulster’s way, one of which was their attitude to keep
                                playing, injuries and HIA’s helped. but If Clancy had kept ignoring the offsides by Leinster and the TMO wasn’t calling penalties then they wouldn’t have got the chances that they converted.
                                True, but all sides are accountable to the laws. I'm not a Clancy fan, by any stretch, and if he made mistakes that favoured Ulster then far enough. I would like evidence of those mistakes though. Listen, Leinster are a serious machine they set the bar. I'm just happy that Ulster never gave up. Other sides would have crumbled. Watching the kids tonight made me proud. That's all in saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X