No announcement yet.

Leinster 2019/2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the look of it, IJWT is angling for a long Christmas holiday from here. Fortunately I might know someone who could make that happen.
    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
      By the look of it, IJWT is angling for a long Christmas holiday from here. Fortunately I might know someone who could make that happen.
      Santa? Joe Schmidt? Matt Williams?
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

How many more of this O'Brien clan are we to expect coming through at centre for Leinster. Conor and Jimmy were impressive last season now Tommy is starting. Are the all related?

Comment

The pied piper of Hamlyn
          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Keatleyfan72 View Post
            How many more of this O'Brien clan are we to expect coming through at centre for Leinster. Conor and Jimmy were impressive last season now Tommy is starting. Are the all related?
            I wonder where their roots lie
            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Keatleyfan72 View Post
              None of them are related. Conor is from Mullingar, Jimmy from Newbridge and Tommy from Blackrock.

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                Would he have stayed if he had gotten more game time and the not playing him was effectively letting him go?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
                Ah, you mean “let go” in the same way Joey was “let go” by Leinster?

No.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Just want to correct you there. I wish Bill had stayed but we did not “let him go”.

He was offered a deal but he chose to go to increase his opportunities to get game time and become first choice. His chances of doing that are much higher at Ulster.

Conor Fitz was let go, Bill chose to go.
                  Am not sure of the timing, but when he left he had Joey, TB, JJ, Keats? And maybe Healy ahead of him. Despite the unfortunate injuries to Carbery and Tyler, we’re struggling to get Healy game time, so the guy was right to go. The TB injury might seem to make that contract extension look like a bad decision, its hindsight, and JJs form that makes it seem that way. Would prefer to see the likes of Bill do well elsewhere than have his promise stunted by ages not even on the bench. I would certainly have kept Healy had the choice been between the two (and I take the point that he jumped rather than was pushed).

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

Santa? Joe Schmidt? Matt Williams?
                    Matt Williams isn't real you know.
                    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Guys moving for game time is going to be the new reality, and I have a feeling that the jersey itself will be more important to supporters than who is playing in them. It does have that "mercenary" feel to it, but that's just professional sport. The main objective is to win games ,put people in the stands, get them to tune in on television, buy the merchandise, etc etc. If they search far and wide to field the best team they possibly can, I can't fault them for doing so, nor can i fault guys like Johnston, Conway, Beirne, Farrell etc, for sizing up their situations and realizing they needed to make a change to maximize their potential.

Comment

7_0 to leinster after 5 mins .
                        bill Johnson starting 10 for Ulster, both sides with lots of changes but leinster much more experienced

Comment

Fine pass from Bill in the lead up to that - and a fine conversion to go with it.
                          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post
                            Guys moving for game time is going to be the new reality, and I have a feeling that the jersey itself will be more important to supporters than who is playing in them. It does have that "mercenary" feel to it, but that's just professional sport. The main objective is to win games ,put people in the stands, get them to tune in on television, buy the merchandise, etc etc. If they search far and wide to field the best team they possibly can, I can't fault them for doing so, nor can i fault guys like Johnston, Conway, Beirne, Farrell etc, for sizing up their situations and realizing they needed to make a change to maximize their potential.
                            The biggest game of the year would be the annual Province of Origin final a month prior to the 3 nations
                            Last edited by ustix; 20th-December-2019, 18:56.
                            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Thoughts on that yellow card?
                              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                                Thoughts on that yellow card?
                                Letter of law yc but common sense says leinster player lost footing and slipped into oncoming tackle , I would say no yc

Comment

Working...
                                X