Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leinster 2019/2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by mr chips View Post
    Leave Daverage alone!

    Rumor has it thats what the doc said to Jamie George.
    “One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

    Comment


      Originally posted by ustix View Post
      A fine old town is Lyon
      Best grub in France. Jonny could do with a few Kg. to absorb the blattering he takes.
      Erse end of nowhere

      Comment


        Leinster team to play Ulster tomorrow at the RDS. KO 7:35pm

        Rob Kearney; Fergus McFadden, Tommy O'Brien, Robbie Henshaw, Cian Kelleher; Harry Byrne, Jamison Gibson-Park; Peter Dooley, Sean Cronin, Andrew Porter; Scott Fardy, Josh Murphy; Will Connors, Scott Penny, Max Deegan

        Bryan Byrne, Cian Healy, Jack Aungier, Oisin Dowling, Josh vd Flier, Hugh O'Sullivan, Ciaran Frawley, Conor O'Brien

        Comment


          Originally posted by Sulla View Post
          Thornley reporting that Sexton has turned down 3 year contract with Lyon to stay with Leinster
          Jonny would never last three years with Lyon.

          They'd play him week in week out apart from when he was in Camp.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
            Leinster team to play Ulster tomorrow at the RDS. KO 7:35pm

            Rob Kearney; Fergus McFadden, Tommy O'Brien, Robbie Henshaw, Cian Kelleher; Harry Byrne, Jamison Gibson-Park; Peter Dooley, Sean Cronin, Andrew Porter; Scott Fardy, Josh Murphy; Will Connors, Scott Penny, Max Deegan

            Bryan Byrne, Cian Healy, Jack Aungier, Oisin Dowling, Josh vd Flier, Hugh O'Sullivan, Ciaran Frawley, Conor O'Brien
            Interesting mix of beans and has-beans, should still beat the junior cup team Ulster are sending down
            Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

            Comment


              Given the various issues all provinces have at the moment with out-halves, seeing Harry Byrne play will be interesting.
              "They’re the benchmark that everyone else has to raise their game to meet." Alan Quinlan on Leinster

              Comment


                Originally posted by Sulla View Post

                Interesting mix of beans and has-beans, should still beat the junior cup team Ulster are sending down
                I love the interpros, but really don’t like the way selection for these has been going in recent years. It is understandable they are at Christmas /new year- shores travel and bigger gates, but that means sandwiched between hcup, and with (previously) camp joe, makes rotation necessary. Would really love to see full strength teams, and guys in the same positions vying for the green jersey.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

                  I love the interpros, but really don’t like the way selection for these has been going in recent years. It is understandable they are at Christmas /new year- shores travel and bigger gates, but that means sandwiched between hcup, and with (previously) camp joe, makes rotation necessary. Would really love to see full strength teams, and guys in the same positions vying for the green jersey.
                  How do you judge that though in terms of competing for jerseys?

                  Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                    How do you judge that though in terms of competing for jerseys?

                    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
                    Not sure what you mean- what I meant was I’d like to see- for example the current first choice front rows of Munster and Leinster head to head- see what Blade could do to Murray, etc etc. It’s only part of the selection issue obviously, but I used to love the probables vs possibles games way back when.

                    Comment


                      Good luck to Bill Johnson tonight. Looking forward to watching him play. I'm still annoyed we let him go.
                      "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post
                        Good luck to Bill Johnson tonight. Looking forward to watching him play. I'm still annoyed we let him go.
                        Just want to correct you there. I wish Bill had stayed but we did not “let him go”.

                        He was offered a deal but he chose to go to increase his opportunities to get game time and become first choice. His chances of doing that are much higher at Ulster.

                        Conor Fitz was let go, Bill chose to go.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

                          Not sure what you mean- what I meant was I’d like to see- for example the current first choice front rows of Munster and Leinster head to head- see what Blade could do to Murray, etc etc. It’s only part of the selection issue obviously, but I used to love the probables vs possibles games way back when.
                          Agreed but we have had games like that in the pro 14 semi finals etc.

                          I do think that if full teams were out I would expect 3 Leinster wins, 1 Munster win, 2 ulster wins (Munster/Connacht), 0 wins for Connacht

                          Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

                            Just want to correct you there. I wish Bill had stayed but we did not “let him go”.

                            He was offered a deal but he chose to go to increase his opportunities to get game time and become first choice. His chances of doing that are much higher at Ulster.

                            Conor Fitz was let go, Bill chose to go.
                            Would he have stayed if he had gotten more game time and the not playing him was effectively letting him go?

                            Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                              Agreed but we have had games like that in the pro 14 semi finals etc.

                              I do think that if full teams were out I would expect 3 Leinster wins, 1 Munster win, 2 ulster wins (Munster/Connacht), 0 wins for Connacht

                              Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
                              Beat Munster like last year ?? :)
                              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                              Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                              Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                                Agreed but we have had games like that in the pro 14 semi finals etc.

                                I do think that if full teams were out I would expect 3 Leinster wins, 1 Munster win, 2 ulster wins (Munster/Connacht), 0 wins for Connacht

                                Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
                                Why does this inevitably have to descend into a faction fight- I thought we might have a reasonable interaction about rugby, but as usual you just seem to want to slag off Munster/ boost Leinster. I would point out that the league semis are rather late in the year to affect 6N selection.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X