Leinster 2019/2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is going better than expected
    The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
    - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Saints have been poor.

Another good call from the ref, despite the TMOs attempts to persuade him to call it forward.

Comment

Common sense being applied again by the ref. Saints try awarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
          Really surprised Leinster haven’t got a better winger than Daverage. Other than that they’re looking strong, although I’m still not convinced Henshaw/Ringrose is a truly creative midfield.
          To be fair, Daverage had a pretty good game, scoring a couple of tries. He still has a bit of pace and he never shirks the physical stuff.
          Agree about the midfield and surprised Cullen has not done a bit more tinkering. I see Henshaw as a big, willing, hard-working horse who will never light the game up with great plays. He is playing a role much like McCloskey's at Ulster, but at present McCloskey has more to his game.
          Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post

To be fair, Daverage had a pretty good game, scoring a couple of tries. He still has a bit of pace and he never shirks the physical stuff.
            Agree about the midfield and surprised Cullen has not done a bit more tinkering. I see Henshaw as a big, willing, hard-working horse who will never light the game up with great plays. He is playing a role much like McCloskey's at Ulster, but at present McCloskey has more to his game.
            Daverage playing quite well alright. Henshaw pretty ordinary. Was always a better 13/15. Just not got the skills and vision to be a top class 12.

Comment

Daverage playing quite well alright. Henshaw pretty ordinary. Was always a better 13/15. Just not got the skills and vision to be a top class 12.
              Dave Kearney played well, has been playing well for a long time. He has plenty of medals for province and country. I’m sorry some international coaches picked him ahead of your local hero’s but that’s not his fault. So why not shut up with the “clever” insults on his name. Lad always tries his best and did well for himself and deserves better than the crap on here.

“One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

Comment

Larmours stats are immense over the 2 Saints games 250metres ran, 19 defenders beaten, 6 clean breaks, he’s making a mockery of Kearney’s selection ahead of him for the past 2 seasons.
                \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Konys barmy army View Post

Dave Kearney played well, has been playing well for a long time. He has plenty of medals for province and country. I’m sorry some international coaches picked him ahead of your local hero’s but that’s not his fault. So why not shut up with the “clever” insults on his name. Lad always tries his best and did well for himself and deserves better than the crap on here.
                  Strange response to me saying he played quite well. Are you feeling ok?

Comment

Really surprised Leinster haven’t got a better winger than Daverage. Other than that they’re looking strong, although I’m still not convinced Henshaw/Ringrose is a truly creative midfield.
                    Well Lowe and Larmour are better, but obviously Larmour is the best 15 so you need to pick from the rest. I had high hopes for Adam Byrne but he still seems to be where he was two years ago. Kelleher could break through too but similar situation. McFadden, if fit, would probably be better than DK.

Comment

He ran a great 12 dummy line for Ringrose's second try to allow Lowe into space. Obviously the opposition wasn't up to much though.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

That’s some starting XV (except 14)
                        Ahh, it’s always satisfying looking back through the pages on this thread once reality has taken hold.
                        "They’re the benchmark that everyone else has to raise their game to meet." Alan Quinlan on Leinster

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post

He ran a great 12 dummy line for Ringrose's second try to allow Lowe into space. Obviously the opposition wasn't up to much though.
                          Yeah I saw that. More his distribution etc. that I think is a bit lacking, but Leinster seem to be coping just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by offshorerules View Post

Ahh, it’s always satisfying looking back through the pages on this thread once reality has taken hold.
                            Didn’t see the game so cannot judge, but seems he did well.

Comment

Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post
                              Larmours stats are immense over the 2 Saints games 250metres ran, 19 defenders beaten, 6 clean breaks, he’s making a mockery of Kearney’s selection ahead of him for the past 2 seasons.
                              Well he wasn't playing at that level in the previous to seasons though...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comment

Hard to believe that after winning 50-21 its possible to feel like your team had a shocking performance. Far too many mistakes, far too many turnovers, shocking maul attacking structure, really poor defensive performance.

Need to really improve for the inter provincial games over the next few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X