Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leinster 2019/2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Joe Konys barmy army View Post
    It would be great if we could get one or two of the exiles who moved because they couldn’t get game time. Conway in particular is going well, we should really test his loyalty with a big offer to come play for his home team, play in big finals ever year and have a better chance of getting capped. It’s worth a shot, Munster will no doubt try tempt Zebo back so we shouldn’t feel ourselves above doing the same thing. Conway in particular is probably Ireland’s best winger. Maybe Cooney or Bernie could make our bench.
    B-

    Must try harder
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

    Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

    Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

    Comment


      Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post

      Or maybe something like - “experienced successful coaches actually have a bit of a clue and tend to ignore memes from fans of opposition teams who are obviously trolling and/or talking out of their holes”?
      You’re right. Lancaster should definitely keep picking the Kearney boys. Who am I to question the selections of a man who picked Slammin’ Sam for England when they failed to get out of their RWC group. The man can clearly do no wrong.

      You still trusting in Joe too? Maybe we should hire him back before the next RWC. He can finally unveil all those exciting attacking moves he’s been keeping up his sleeve for when we really need them. No doubt Rob’s attacking flair is key to their execution.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

        You’re right. Lancaster should definitely keep picking the Kearney boys. Who am I to question the selections of a man who picked Slammin’ Sam for England when they failed to get out of their RWC group. The man can clearly do no wrong.

        You still trusting in Joe too? Maybe we should hire him back before the next RWC. He can finally unveil all those exciting attacking moves he’s been keeping up his sleeve for when we really need them. No doubt Rob’s attacking flair is key to their execution.
        So you’re saying that Leo and Stu are unsuccessful?
        Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

        Comment


          Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post
          So you’re saying that Leo and Stu are unsuccessful?
          I doubt it, but you’d have to wonder who calls the shots between an experienced international coach and a guy who was playing a couple of years ago who couldn’t nail down an international place...

          Comment


            [QUOTE=Waterfordlad;n2
            Must try harder [/QUOTE]

            I know you think I’m trying to wind you up but I’m being sincere. We should be trying to recruit players who can improve the team where possible. One avenue we haven’t tapped into is getting lads who left when they were younger because they couldn’t make it into the team. Conways contract is up at the end of the season so why not see if he wants to come home. Chances are he won’t but definitely something we should be looking at. Munster have done well recently getting the likes of Beirne and Farrell back from abroad.
            “One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

            Comment


              Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

              I doubt it, but you’d have to wonder who calls the shots between an experienced international coach and a guy who was playing a couple of years ago who couldn’t nail down an international place...
              Some very good coaches never played to a high level, some world class players were abject failures at coaching.

              so we’ve all agreed that Leo and Stu, to be referred to as Leocaster or Plumber hence forth, are a successful coaching ticket and probably actually know what they’re doing and pay very little heed to obvious trolling from the internet or opposition fans who are talking out of their holes?
              Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

              Comment


                Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post

                Some very good coaches never played to a high level, some world class players were abject failures at coaching.

                so we’ve all agreed that Leo and Stu, to be referred to as Leocaster or Plumber hence forth, are a successful coaching ticket and probably actually know what they’re doing and pay very little heed to obvious trolling from the internet or opposition fans who are talking out of their holes?
                I suppose you could just take your wisdom and dip it in the babbling brook, rather that positing on the opposition's site.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

                  I suppose you could just take your wisdom and dip it in the babbling brook, rather that positing on the opposition's site.
                  This is the Leinster thread
                  Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post

                    This is the Leinster thread
                    That took you a while Oss
                    Gwan Joe!!

                    Comment


                      Yes, this is the Leinster thread. More specifically, it's the thread on the Munsterfans website for discussing Leinster rugby. It's not the thread for trolling, especially not for the usual trolls to troll about Munster. It's been quite a while since I binned anyone for this stuff, but my patience is running very thin. Keep it civil from now on so we can all talk about rugby like grown ups.
                      Tis but a scratch.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post

                        Some very good coaches never played to a high level, some world class players were abject failures at coaching.

                        so we’ve all agreed that Leo and Stu, to be referred to as Leocaster or Plumber hence forth, are a successful coaching ticket and probably actually know what they’re doing and pay very little heed to obvious trolling from the internet or opposition fans who are talking out of their holes?
                        Leo and Stu have a way to go before they can be considered infallible. Their continued selection of Rob is clear evidence of that.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by ustix View Post

                          That took you a while Oss
                          A man has to work
                          Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

                            Leo and Stu have a way to go before they can be considered infallible. Their continued selection of Rob is clear evidence of that.
                            Whatever...
                            Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

                            Comment


                              Team to play Glasgow tomorrow (KO 7.35pm)

                              Hugo Keenan; Adam Byrne, Jimmy O'Brien, Conor O'Brien, Cian Kelleher; Ross Byrne, Jamison Gibson-Park; Peter Dooley, James Tracy, Michael Bent; Ross Molony (c), Devin Toner; Josh Murphy, Will Connors, Caelan Doris

                              Bryan Byrne, Ed Byrne, Jack Aungier, Oisin Dowling, Scott Penny, Hugh O'Sullivan, Ciaran Frawley, Fergus McFadden

                              Glasgow at full-strength so this is looking like a tough evening ahead for Leinster.

                              Comment


                                They've got a Hugo and a Doris starting which is encouraging.

                                Only one doubled barrelled name though, and he's imported.

                                Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                                Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X