No announcement yet.

Leinster 2019/2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really doubt many people would be disagreeing about who was or should have been selected, or who should be fast tracked etc if it wasn’t for the colour of the provincial jersey they wear, and the understandable loyalty we have to our own. Like most other people I’ll easily descend into the red v blue trench fighting, but if we look beyond that, and think green rather than red or blue, there would be much less contention over the decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
      I really doubt many people would be disagreeing about who was or should have been selected, or who should be fast tracked etc if it wasn’t for the colour of the provincial jersey they wear, and the understandable loyalty we have to our own. Like most other people I’ll easily descend into the red v blue trench fighting, but if we look beyond that, and think green rather than red or blue, there would be much less contention over the decisions.
      Was about to respond but then realised this is the Leinster thread. Probably best to continue this debate in the Ireland section.

Leinster starting Tomane at 12 today strikes me as a bit of a wasted opportunity. He’s a pretty ordinary player.

Comment

Leinster taking the mighty Treviso very seriously with their team selection. Benetton have had some good matches against them in recent years but I can't see them having a hope today. Hope Keats plays well though.
        "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

D
          Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Conway’s problem at Munster isn’t that he’s not better than Haley (which he still is, although Mike is going well now), it’s that he’s better than our other wingers (bar Earls) by a bigger margin.

Larmour was not first choice for Leinster either, and had played and achieved far less than Conway when fast tracked into the Irish squad. Conway continued to out-perform him but the younger man had been anointed as the “next big thing” and that was that.

Doing the same with Kelleher (or any other young lad) after a few uncompetitive Pro14 games is a mistake, unnecessary and the opposite of proper competition. We’re four years from a RWC.
          I never said his problem was not being better than Haley, his problem is he’s not playing at 15 at Munster. He’s probably the form winger in the country so why not play him on the wing for Ireland. As for Larmour again I never said he was the starting 15 for us but he was playing there more than Conway. I think both are great players and if Ireland were playing in the morning I’d start the two of them.

Completely agree about Kelleher, hopefully he lives up to the hype over the winter and is a viable option for Ireland in the spring. If he made the bench for a couple of games that would be a huge achievement.

“One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

Comment

Leinster starting Tomane at 12 today strikes me as a bit of a wasted opportunity. He’s a pretty ordinary player.
            [agree about the other thread].

I was was quite excited about Tomane’s signing- and of course, just like us, Leinster have to pick considering the fixtures ahead- but from what I’ve seen (TV only) I’m disappointed. Wonder what the Leinster fans posting here think.

Comment

I know quite a few Leinster fans and most are lukewarm about him
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
                [agree about the other thread].

I was was quite excited about Tomane’s signing- and of course, just like us, Leinster have to pick considering the fixtures ahead- but from what I’ve seen (TV only) I’m disappointed. Wonder what the Leinster fans posting here think.
                He was very poor last year, the only reason the criticism eased up was because people started to feel a bit sorry for him. That said he started well this year and really stood out in some of the games. Big one for him today and he deserves it. That said young Conor O Brien turned in some great performance at 12 last year, also Tommy O Brien and Gavin Mullen in final year of the academy will be looking for gametime after some great performances in the cara cup.
                “One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

Comment

G'wan Keats. Leinster 5 Benetton 7 after 10 minutes
                  "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

19_7 at ht three tries to 1

Comment

Was about to respond but then realised this is the Leinster thread. Probably best to continue this debate in the Ireland section.

He did not start the game. His replacement, the underrated O'Loughlin, is playing well

Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Are they really playing the Darts music at the RDS.

Is that the image they are after?

Hardly.

Comment

Great try for the Treviso hooker, after excellent 5m lineout. McGrath missed tackle.

26-14 to Blues after 50 mins
                          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Comment

Garry Rongrise gets his hat trick try. Took it well.

33-14 after 70 mins

Comment

Another Benetton try in last couple of mins of the game.

33-19

Comment

An extremely poor performance overall. Kelleher, Sexton, O'Loughlin, Ringrose probably the only players that played up to their standards.

Comment

Working...
                                X