Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leinster 2019/2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Leinster 2019/2020

    Going for a three peat in the Pro 14 and revenge on saracens.

    Academy announced today. The Conveyor Belts continues...

    LH Prop
    Cian Healy(31) - Signed central 2yr contract in 2019
    Ed Byrne(25) - Signed contract in 2017
    Peter Dooley(25) - Signed contract in 2018

    Michael Milne(19) - Academy Yr 2

    TH Prop
    Michael Bent(33) - Signed contract in 2018
    Tadhg Furlong(26) - Signed central 3yr contract in 2018
    Andrew Porter(23) - Signed contract in 2017
    Vakh Abdaladze(23) - Signed contact in 2018

    Jack Aungier(20) - Academy Yr 3
    Tom Clarkson(19) - Academy Yr1

    Hooker
    Sean Cronin(33) - Signed contract in 2018
    James Tracy(28) - Signed contract in 2018
    Bryan Byrne(25) - Signed contract in 2019
    Ronan Kelleher(21) - Signed contract in 2019

    Dan Sheehan(20) - Academy Yr 2

    Lock
    Scott Fardy(35) - Signed 1 yr contract in 2019
    Devin Toner(33) - Signed central 3yr contract in 2017
    Ross Molony(25) - Signed contract in 2018
    James Ryan(23) - Signed contract in 2017

    Jack Dunne(20) - Academy Yr 2
    Ryan Baird(20) - Academy Yr 2
    Charlie Ryan(20) - Academy Yr1

    Backrow
    Rhys Ruddock(28) - Signed contract in 2018
    Jack Conan(27) - Signed contract in 2019
    Josh Van Der Flier(26) - Signed contract in 2018
    Dan Leavy(25) - Signed contract in 2019
    Josh Murphy(24) - Signed contract in 2019
    Will Connors(23) - Signed contract in 2018
    Max Deegan(22) - Signed contract in 2019
    Caelan Doris(21) - Signed contract in 2018
    Scott Penny(19) - Signed contract in 2019

    Oisin Dowling(22) - Academy Yr 3
    Brian Deeny(19) - Academy Yr 1
    Martin Moloney(18) - Academy Yr 1

    Scrumhalf
    Jamie Gibson Park(27) -Signed contract in 2019
    Luke McGrath(26) - Signed contract in 2019
    Hugh O'Sullivan(21) - Signed contract in 2019

    Patrick Patterson(20) - Academy Yr 2

    Outhalf
    Jonathan Sexton(34) - Signed central 2 yr contract in 2019
    Ross Byrne(24) - Signed contract in 2017
    Ciaran Frawley(21) - Signed contract in 2019

    Harry Byrne(20) - Academy Yr 2
    David Hawkshaw(19) - Academy Yr 2

    Centre
    Joe Tomane(29) - Signed 2 yr contract in 2018
    Robbie Henshaw(26) - Signed 3yr central contract in 2019
    Rory O'Loughlin(25) - Signed contract in 2017
    Garry Ringrose(24) - Signed contract in 2018
    Conor O'Brien(23) - Signed contract in 2019
    Jimmy O'Brien(22) - Signed contract in 2019

    Gavin Mullin(21) - Academy Yr 3
    Tommy O'Brien(21) - Academy Yr 3
    Liam Turner(20) - Academy Yr 1

    Back Three
    Rob Kearney(33) - Signed 1 year central contract in 2019.
    Fergus McFadden(33) - Signed contract in 2019
    Dave Kearney(30) - Signed contract in 2019
    James Lowe(27) - Signed 3yr contract in 2017
    Barry Daly(26) - Signed contract in 2017
    Adam Byrne(25) - Signed contract in 2017
    Cian Kelleher(25) - Signed contract in 2019
    Hugo Keenan(23) - Signed contract in 2019
    Jordan Larmour(22) - Signed contract in 2018

    Michael Silvester(21) - Academy Yr 2
    Aaron O'Sullivan(19) - Academy Yr 2

    #2
    Meh.
    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

    Comment


      #3
      That squad cant be accurate, there must be way more double barreled surnames on the books.
      Last edited by lawrence; 9th-July-2019, 20:25.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by lawrence View Post
        That squad can be accurate, there must be way more double barreled surnames on the books.
        Three O’Briens.. could have been four, 2 O’Sullivans

        what happened to the Hugo Royce fella? Was that his name?
        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Sulla View Post

          Three O’Briens.. could have been four, 2 O’Sullivans

          what happened to the Hugo Royce fella? Was that his name?
          Would have been 4 but one of them pissed off

          Comment


            #6
            Loosehead Prop
            Cian Healy(32) - Signed central 2yr contract in 2019
            Ed Byrne(26) - Signed contract in 2018
            Peter Dooley(25) - Signed contract in 2018
            Michael Milne(20) - Academy Y2

            Cian Healy will return from the WC just after turning 32, he signed a 2 year central contract and looks like he will be comfortably 1st choice in that time barring a huge drop off in form. Meanwhile Ed Byrne took advantage of injury and poor form last season to play 22 times for leinster including 5 times in europe off the bench and the Pro 14 final off the bench. He will be aiming to cement his position as primary backup to Healy during the WC. Peter Dooley who turns 25 just before the season starts will be aiming to challenge Byrne as the primary backup to Healy, whatever happens he is set to get a lot of gametime this season. Academy prop Michael Milne is coming off a successful JWC campaign, and he will have plenty of opportunities during the World Cup to make an impression on the coaches and potentially earn game time in the Pro 14.

            Tighthead Prop
            Tadhg Furlong(26) - Signed central 3yr contract in 2018
            Andrew Porter(23) - Signed contract in 2018
            Michael Bent(33) - Signed contract in 2018
            Vakh Abdaladze(23) - Signed contract in 2018
            Jack Aungier(20) - Academy Y3
            Tom Clarkson(19) - Academy Y1

            Tadhg Furlong is comfortably 1st choice and will return from the WC a few weeks off his 27th birthday, centrally contracted until June 2021 he is set remain leinsters 1st choice TH for the foreseeable future. Meanwhile Andrew Porter may or may not travel to the World Cup this autumn, currently training with the Irish squad he will be disappointed if he fails to make it to Japan. He is entering his 3rd season playing tighthead and it will be interesting to see how a new scrum coach at leinster will affect his somewhat inconsistent scrummaging. Michael Bent returns once more in what could possibly be his final season at leinster, the ever reliant Bent will get a lot of gametime this season in the Pro 14 both pre and post World Cup. Vakh Abdaladze will be hoping to take advantage of the extra gametime during the World Cup to stake his claim as a viable 3rd choice option going forward this season and into the future. Academy prop Jack Aungier is entering his final season in the academy, he remains young for a TH Prop only turning 21 in November, but is coming off a disappointing 2nd year in the academy and needs a big season to convince his doubters. Finally new academy prop Tom Clarkson is coming off a stellar season for the Irish under-20's and is eligible again for that team this season. The 19 year old will likely be focusing on that team for a large part of the season but if injuries strike he could make a senior appearance off the bench.

            Hooker
            Sean Cronin(33) - Signed contract in 2018.
            James Tracy(28) - Signed contract in 2018.
            Bryan Byrne(26) - Signed contract in 2019.
            Ronan Kelleher(21) - Signed contract in 2019.
            Dan Sheehan(21) - Academy Y2

            Sean Cronin returns after being named supporters player of the season last season, a up and down irish season was largely forgotten about in blue, but will he travel to the World Cup? You would assume so. He remains clearly 1st choice for Leinster, and with his contract likely up at the end of the season, needs to be retained. James Tracy has been Cronin's primary backup now for the past three seasons, he will be aiming to retain that position this season after coming under pressure somewhat at the end of last season from Bryan Byrne who started on the bench ahead of Tracy in both the Pro 14 semi-final and final. Neither players at the moment look like high quality replacements for Cronin but both will compete for the primary backup spot this season. Recent academy graduate Ronan Kelleher however does appear to have the potential to replace Cronin long term, after making his debut last season, the Lansdowne man will hope to really push on and stake a claim for more gametime this season. Finally Dan Sheehan, who was a late surprise entrant to the academy last season has moved into his 2nd season in the academy, this mountain of a hooker has been a key player in Trinity Rugbys success the past two seasons, he will be aiming to make his senior debut at some point this season.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by ScrummieMan View Post
              Loosehead Prop
              Cian Healy(32) - Signed central 2yr contract in 2019
              Ed Byrne(26) - Signed contract in 2018
              Peter Dooley(25) - Signed contract in 2018
              Michael Milne(20) - Academy Y2

              Cian Healy will return from the WC just after turning 32, he signed a 2 year central contract and looks like he will be comfortably 1st choice in that time barring a huge drop off in form. Meanwhile Ed Byrne took advantage of injury and poor form last season to play 22 times for leinster including 5 times in europe off the bench and the Pro 14 final off the bench. He will be aiming to cement his position as primary backup to Healy during the WC. Peter Dooley who turns 25 just before the season starts will be aiming to challenge Byrne as the primary backup to Healy, whatever happens he is set to get a lot of gametime this season. Academy prop Michael Milne is coming off a successful JWC campaign, and he will have plenty of opportunities during the World Cup to make an impression on the coaches and potentially earn game time in the Pro 14.

              Tighthead Prop
              Tadhg Furlong(26) - Signed central 3yr contract in 2018
              Andrew Porter(23) - Signed contract in 2018
              Michael Bent(33) - Signed contract in 2018
              Vakh Abdaladze(23) - Signed contract in 2018
              Jack Aungier(20) - Academy Y3
              Tom Clarkson(19) - Academy Y1

              Tadhg Furlong is comfortably 1st choice and will return from the WC a few weeks off his 27th birthday, centrally contracted until June 2021 he is set remain leinsters 1st choice TH for the foreseeable future. Meanwhile Andrew Porter may or may not travel to the World Cup this autumn, currently training with the Irish squad he will be disappointed if he fails to make it to Japan. He is entering his 3rd season playing tighthead and it will be interesting to see how a new scrum coach at leinster will affect his somewhat inconsistent scrummaging. Michael Bent returns once more in what could possibly be his final season at leinster, the ever reliant Bent will get a lot of gametime this season in the Pro 14 both pre and post World Cup. Vakh Abdaladze will be hoping to take advantage of the extra gametime during the World Cup to stake his claim as a viable 3rd choice option going forward this season and into the future. Academy prop Jack Aungier is entering his final season in the academy, he remains young for a TH Prop only turning 21 in November, but is coming off a disappointing 2nd year in the academy and needs a big season to convince his doubters. Finally new academy prop Tom Clarkson is coming off a stellar season for the Irish under-20's and is eligible again for that team this season. The 19 year old will likely be focusing on that team for a large part of the season but if injuries strike he could make a senior appearance off the bench.

              Hooker
              Sean Cronin(33) - Signed contract in 2018.
              James Tracy(28) - Signed contract in 2018.
              Bryan Byrne(26) - Signed contract in 2019.
              Ronan Kelleher(21) - Signed contract in 2019.
              Dan Sheehan(21) - Academy Y2

              Sean Cronin returns after being named supporters player of the season last season, a up and down irish season was largely forgotten about in blue, but will he travel to the World Cup? You would assume so. He remains clearly 1st choice for Leinster, and with his contract likely up at the end of the season, needs to be retained. James Tracy has been Cronin's primary backup now for the past three seasons, he will be aiming to retain that position this season after coming under pressure somewhat at the end of last season from Bryan Byrne who started on the bench ahead of Tracy in both the Pro 14 semi-final and final. Neither players at the moment look like high quality replacements for Cronin but both will compete for the primary backup spot this season. Recent academy graduate Ronan Kelleher however does appear to have the potential to replace Cronin long term, after making his debut last season, the Lansdowne man will hope to really push on and stake a claim for more gametime this season. Finally Dan Sheehan, who was a late surprise entrant to the academy last season has moved into his 2nd season in the academy, this mountain of a hooker has been a key player in Trinity Rugbys success the past two seasons, he will be aiming to make his senior debut at some point this season.
              Lovely piece of work. Thank you, would be great to see more.

              Comment


                #8
                Leinster 19/20 Season Preview: 2nd Row

                James Ryan(23) - Signed contract in 2017
                Devin Toner(33) - Signed central 3yr contract in 2017
                Scott Fardy(35) - Signed 1 yr contract in 2019
                Ross Molony(25) - Signed contract in 2018
                Josh Murphy(24) - Signed contract in 2019
                Oisin Dowling(22) - Academy Y3
                Jack Dunne(20) - Academy Y2
                Ryan Baird(20) - Academy Y2
                Charlie Ryan(20) - Academy Y1
                Brian Deeny(19) - Academy Y1

                James Ryan enters the season as the best rugby player in ireland and leinster after winning awards from his peers for his performances for both last season. His contract ends at the end of this season and he is surely in line for an upgraded central deal from the IRFU. Devin Toner will also return from the World Cup, his contract also ends at the end of the season, last season his luck ran out in regards to injury, hopefully he can have a healthy season as he enters his mid 30's. Scott Fardy somewhat surprisingly returns on a 1 year deal, a key player for leinster over the past two seasons he will provide much needed leadership during the World Cup and beyond. Ross Molony returns after a strong season last season that was cut short at the end due to injury, the maturing lock will hope to fight off his younger competition over the world cup and retain his spot in the squad as 4th choice lock. Josh Murphy is really more of a blindside, but he did appear at lock last season, will this continue going forward? Oisin Dowling is another lock/blindside option, he is entering his final season in the academy and has an uphill battle for gametime this season. Jack Dunne made his debut for the senior team last season and managed to make 5 appearances in total, the tighthead lock impressed in particular against Treviso and Glasgow. He will hope to push on this season and potentially graduate from the academy at the end of the season. Fellow 2nd year academy player Ryan Baird is coming off a stay junior world cup campaign where he featured at lock and blindside, it will be interesting to see where he plays this season for Leinster. Ireland u20 captain Charlie Ryan joins the academy after an impressive U20 campaign, the tighthead lock will hope to make his leinster debut this season. Finally Brian Deeny also joined the academy this summer, this versatile athlete lined up in the backrow and at lock last season for the irish 20's, he is eligible again for the 20s and he will presumably be focusing on in nailing down his starting position for that team.

                Comment

                Working...
                X