X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heineken Cup 18/19 Semi Final Venues

Possible SF venues announced:

Heineken Champions Cup semi-finals – 20/21 April

Semi-final 1: if Saracens v Edinburgh Rugby – Ricoh Arena (Coventry)

Semi-final 1: if Saracens v Munster Rugby – Ricoh Arena (Coventry)

Semi-final 1: if Edinburgh Rugby v Glasgow Warriors – BT Murrayfield (Edinburgh)

Semi-final 1: if Munster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors – Aviva Stadium (Dublin)

Semi-final 2: if Racing 92 v Leinster Rugby – Paris La Défense Arena

Semi-final 2: if Racing 92 v Ulster Rugby – Paris La Défense Arena

Semi-final 2: if Leinster Rugby v Toulouse – Aviva Stadium (Dublin)

Semi-final 2: if Ulster Rugby v Toulouse – Aviva Stadium (Dublin)

I need to dig out my 2008 membership of the Ricoh
    Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

So we can't use our ground for a semi final but Racing can use a nightclub?

Bizarre.
      Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post

Bizarre.
        In fairness to racing, Leinster started making a mockery of it a while back so they might as well get in on the act.

Comment

Racing got crowds of 13,168, 16,538 and 14,418 for their pool games. If the 50% split for tickets in SF still stands, any of the home fans who want a ticket will get one it seems. The organisers when approaching the provinces, probably dealt with IRFU HQ and were told it would be Lansdowne Road.
          Last edited by neill_m; 14th-March-2019, 12:45.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post

Bizarre.
            Nothing bizarre about it. EPCR select the venue they think will make them the most money.

They aren’t dumb. They know that a semi played in Ireland involving Munster (or Leinster or Ulster) will draw far more people than Thomsond (or the RDS or Ravers) can hold so they put it in the Aviva to maximise their revenue.

However, they also know that a semi involving Racing in France will draw far more people if it’s played in their home stadium than if they move it down the country, so they play it there.

It’s all about bums on seats and money in the kitty.

Comment

If we beat Edinburgh, and Saracens beat Glasgow then the Ricoh is a marginally better venue than their soulless home ground, Lansdowne Rd would be better again of course

I see ERC have given up the charade of 'neutral' venues-- let's hope that SF is in Dublin too
              Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

Another plus is that there would be loads of tickets, grass, etc.

Comment

grass?? am I missing something?
                  Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

Ricoh arena is 32k, so 50/50 tickets after corporate etc take theirs. Also easy to get to.

Comment

Hopefully its Munster Glasgow and whoever from Ulster/Leinster wins as i'll get 2 straight days wages in a row!!

Comment

Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post
                        grass?? am I missing something?
                        Maybe. I can’t really judge that, but Saracens dispiriting home has a plastic surface, the ‘soulless’ Ricoh, on the other hand has a playing surface that approximates proper growing underfoot green stuff.

Comment

Plus i’d add that the Ricoh was said to be the UKs first cashless stadium, whereas we know sarries are rolling in it.
                          Last edited by jagawayagain; 16th-March-2019, 09:56.

Comment

Originally posted by neill_m View Post
                            Ricoh arena is 32k, so 50/50 tickets after corporate etc take theirs. Also easy to get to.
                            Not to mention Munster have 100% winning record in the Ricoh and everytime they played Saracens in the Ricoh they have gone on to win the European cup.

Comment

Working...
                            X