Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post

So true you said it twice!
    I will have all the fingers on the right hands of the children in the sweatshop running this website broken for such tardiness.
    I am the million man.

Comment

Reading some of the other forums and they suggest, that this merger may be followed by Cardiff - Newport.

Think they are suggesting that it could be 3 teams in future. West Wales - Ospreys & Scarlets, East Wales - Cardiff & Newport - North Wales - new team (development)
      "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

Originally posted by KerryRed View Post
        Reading some of the other forums and they suggest, that this merger may be followed by Cardiff - Newport.

Think they are suggesting that it could be 3 teams in future. West Wales - Ospreys & Scarlets, East Wales - Cardiff & Newport - North Wales - new team (development)
        Two or theee ‘super’ teams might well seem attractive to them, but they will have to run their game more sensibly if that is to work. Given the ‘valleys’ / Cardiff rivalry only dragons/Cardiff is plausible, and they’re close enough with good transport links for that to work. However, given the flirtation with the premiership a few years ago, I suspect there’s plenty behind more behind this than a desire to fan the flames of welsh nationalist fervour.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
          I googled welsh rugby teams- the wiki shows maps of where clubs are, the highest ranking northern team is in the welsh championship, below the welsh premiership. Every other team in the premiership and championship is in “south” wales, a few miles from the coast. That team is...

RGC 1404, formerly Gogledd Cymru (Welsh: [ˈgɔglɛð ˈkəmrɨ], "North Wales"), .....
          I’d go for that as long as they change the name back to Googled Welsh

They could sell beer-goggles etc to the fans

"There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by hellovating View Post
            the ospreys financially are bust, it seems. and their board have given up. they have proposed the merger... though its not really a merger, its the scarlets consuming the ospreys.
            I don't think so. The Ospreys chairman has resigned 'over WRU's "catastrophic mismanagement" of Project Reset.'

None of us doubt that regional rugby requires restructuring in order to ensure the long-term sustainability of the game. The way in which this has been handled however is nothing short of chaotic, resulting in a fatal combination of uncertainty, conjecture and insecurity now hanging over regional rugby’s future.

“To methodically, rationally and impartially map out the future of regional rugby is one thing, to fatally wound it with an ill-judged, cavalier process is another. We now have the worst of all worlds - a lack of clarity, a lack of transparency and a total inability to plan ahead. We can no longer make sound rugby or business decisions and nor can our players or commercial partners. Project Reset has become Project Inept.

“I cannot and will not be a party to this level of catastrophic mismanagement and today I’ve make the decision to stand down as both chairman and a director of the Ospreys, surrendering my position on the PRB.”

“The only responsible way forward is to now accelerate the plans for a holistic and meaningful restructuring of the game, not delay them or force asymmetric outcomes to emerge. Certainty has to be restored to the game and quickly. The restructuring process itself has to be revisited, with appropriate checks and balances, independent oversight and transparency. We already have so many disadvantages in keeping pace with the professional game, we don’t need more.”

That doesn't sound like a board who have given up and they quite obviously didn't propose the merger.

Comment

My friends in Wales advised me a couple of weeks ago that something like this was coming, thought it would be replacing the Dragons with a North Wales based team rather than what was announced. Are we going to see a Munster style arrangement with some games played in Swansea and some played at Pairc y Scarlets??
              This could end up being a complete omnishambles with Rugby in Wales the big loser. Club game underneath also under pressure with at least 2 Premiership teams in financial trouble.
              This will impact the European game only question being how bad will the impact be??
              Sad day - a lot of rugby history being set aside????????
              Its deja vu all over again!!!

Comment

But will they have two training bases??
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                  4000000 pages....

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                    Definitely two different names for it anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

That doesn't sound like a board who have given up and they quite obviously didn't propose the merger.
                      True. The assumption last night was that the Ospreys had looked for an intervention. But that statement suggests the fights not over.

Comment

All staying the same in the valleys, sure isn't everything just fine with Welsh rugby just now anyways.
                        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Working...
                        X