X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neath RFC

Things look dire in the valleys.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...sh-rugby-union
    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Very sad, remember that Neath, Neath, Neath chant very well.

Comment

By all accounts they have only themselves to blame. Will be interesting to see how the WRU handle the situation and what if any impact it has on the Ospreys.
      Its deja vu all over again!!!

Comment

Scarlets and ospreys to merge reports

https://twitter.com/WalesRugby/statu...866335232?s=19

Comment

What a fecking shambles...

Comment

I don’t get why Dragons don’t get the chop ?
            ive always liked them and enjoy a trip to Rodney
            but they have been the worst team for as long as I can remember

merging the jacks with the all blacks to form the ospreys was bad enough
            but Swansea with Llanelli ? Really ?

and I’d agree with the man on twitter, I have never seen any rugby interest in north wales
            crazy

Comment

So Scarlets and Ospreys merge, despite the fact they’ve been the strongest Welsh regions in the last 12 years, and Dragons remain untouched?? Unbelievable and crazy decision in my opinion
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Jesus if we thought Saturday was grim we won't have a hope against Swanelli
                I am the million man.

Comment

I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                    So true you said it twice!

Comment

Bit of a farce! The two most successful Welsh Regions merging. Swansea without a team basically... though apparently the European games will be played there. With the PRO14 games in Llanelli.

Fair enough there should be a team in the North of Wales, but this will end in disaster. How can they expect to “fix” there regional game when they basically treat them as franchises. Which two sides will we merge? How about Cardiff & Swansea the two main cities/hubs in Wales. No that won’t work surprise surprise, week later let’s merge Ospreys with Scarlets instead, so we can start a new development franchise up north. Project reset in a nutshell. Feel sorry for there fans. You wonder why the regional game there has struggled.
                      "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

Wales botched this first time round, and look like they will make an even bigger hames of it this time round. They seem committed to the symmetry of having south(Cardiff), east (dragons), west (merger), north (??) franchises, despite the realities of support, population and playing bases. Talk is it may even happen (the merger) for next season, but how will the conjure up, in four months, a side in north wales that is even as competitive as Dragons? If they don’t then how does the Pro14 work with 13? The job done to incorporate two SA sides seems to have been a success - I wonder what they think of it- but this silliness will have consequences for the rest of us, and a fledgling competition. Seems like the height of irresponsibility.

Comment

I googled welsh rugby teams- the wiki shows maps of where clubs are, the highest ranking northern team is in the welsh championship, below the welsh premiership. Every other team in the premiership and championship is in “south” wales, a few miles from the coast. That team is...

RGC 1404, formerly Gogledd Cymru (Welsh: [ˈgɔglɛð ˈkəmrɨ], "North Wales"), is a rugby union team founded in 2008 and based in Colwyn Bay, Conwy. They currently play in the Welsh Premier Division; after winning Division 1 East at the first attempt in 2012–13, they spent three seasons in the Welsh Championship before earning promotion to the Premier Division in 2015–16. They finished fourth in their first season in the top flight, but also won the WRU Challenge Cup for the first time.

Comment

the ospreys financially are bust, it seems. and their board have given up. they have proposed the merger... though its not really a merger, its the scarlets consuming the ospreys.

Comment

If they are insolvent, and won’t be bailed out, why don’t they just go under and restart again. Bit like Glasgow Rangers or Zebre I think the season before last?

Anyone know who they are indebted to?
                              "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

Working...
                              X