X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piquet
    started a topic Heineken Cup 2019-20 Qualifiers

Heineken Cup 2019-20 Qualifiers

If the season were to finish now, the Qualifiers for next year's Heineken Cup would be

Pro14: Glasgow, Leinster, Munster, Llanelli, Connacht and Ulster. The Play-off would be between The Ospreys and Edinburgh.

Top 14: Clermont, Toulouse, Racing, La Rochelle, Stade Francais and Castres

EPL: Exeter, Saracens, Wasps, Gloucester, Harlequins and Leicester.

• lawrence
    replied
    Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

No way that’ll happen (them winning World Cup)
    I was kinda joking, but they have a great chance and would be my pick outside of NZ. Like any team if things go their way with injury it looks like they have (arguably) the easiest group, France, US and Tonga are easy games and Argentina are very beatable. They avoid the 2 better SH teams in the QF's, won't fear either Wales or Australia and then its NZ in a semi, not an easy task but if there is anytime to get them its in a Semi.

Swing Low.

Leave a comment:

• jagawayagain
    replied
    Originally posted by lawrence View Post

Or better again, a trip to their colosseum in the first round when Itoje and the vino brothers are still celebrating winning the world cup would be a mighty way to start the pool stages.
    No way that’ll happen (them winning World Cup)

Leave a comment:

• lawrence
    replied

I’m mad enough to think home, but not away, early in season, even the mighty sarries might well be within range. Imagine the joy if we squeezed them out of qualification...
    Or better again, a trip to their colosseum in the first round when Itoje and the vino brothers are still celebrating winning the world cup would be a mighty way to start the pool stages.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Fantastic
    replied

I’m mad enough to think home, but not away, early in season, even the mighty sarries might well be within range. Imagine the joy if we squeezed them out of qualification...
    I'd always give us a solid chance to beat anyone at home. The Thomond factor must be worth 10+ points-especially in front of a well-oiled crowd

Leave a comment:

• jagawayagain
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Fantastic View Post
    Just looking at an update from EPCR....Challenge cup draw begins at 1 with the Champions cup draw at 1.20
    https://www.epcrugby.com/2019/06/18/...-draws-update/

Leave a comment:

• Captain Fantastic
    replied
    Just looking at an update from EPCR....Challenge cup draw begins at 1 with the Champions cup draw at 1.20
    https://www.epcrugby.com/2019/06/18/...-draws-update/

Leave a comment:

• Captain Fantastic
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post

Yes and the champion of France normally chokes the next year......

2017-2018 Castres --> Next year 7th
    2016-2017 Clermont --> next year 9th
    2015-2016 Racing --> Next year 6th
    2014-2015 Stade francais --> Next year 12th
    Of the 1st seeds- Saracens would be the only ones that would scare me. Everyone else we can have a good cut off

Leave a comment:

• Mike Gibson
    replied
    It's very harsh to say that Castres choked. They finished this season with an identical W/L record, practically the same pts diff and just one less bonus point. Only difference this year was that wasn't enough to sneak into the barrage.

Anyway, would be very surprised to see Toulouse struggle next year. They pretty much dominated the league (21 wins, 2 draws from 26 games) and the play-offs while also reaching a semi-final in Europe. Clermont, from what I've seen of them, can still be pretty hit and miss. A bit too reliant on physically dominating their opponents.

Leave a comment:

• Chrizzzie
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Fantastic View Post

Pretty much my thinking also. Of the 2,I'd prefer Toulouse purely as I'd be very confident of a win in Thomond and have a shout of getting something away. Not many go to Clermont and get a result.
    Yes and the champion of France normally chokes the next year......

2017-2018 Castres --> Next year 7th
    2016-2017 Clermont --> next year 9th
    2015-2016 Racing --> Next year 6th
    2014-2015 Stade francais --> Next year 12th

Leave a comment:

• Captain Fantastic
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post
    I would prefer Toulouse (or as 2nd best Clermont) from Pot 1 as it will probably mean that we get an easier opponent in pot 3. Also I'm kinda sick of playing Exeter or Saracens again,

Not to forget Toulouse or Clermont would also make a nice away trip.
    Pretty much my thinking also. Of the 2,I'd prefer Toulouse purely as I'd be very confident of a win in Thomond and have a shout of getting something away. Not many go to Clermont and get a result.

Leave a comment:

• Chrizzzie
    replied
    I would prefer Toulouse (or as 2nd best Clermont) from Pot 1 as it will probably mean that we get an easier opponent in pot 3. Also I'm kinda sick of playing Exeter or Saracens again,

Not to forget Toulouse or Clermont would also make a nice away trip.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Gibson
    replied
    Challenge Cup is drawn first so likely to be after 1:15pm before they get to the Champions Cup

Leave a comment:

• Captain Fantastic
    replied
    Originally posted by Miles View Post
    What time is the draw Wednesday?
    1PM Irish time

Leave a comment:

• Miles
    replied
    What time is the draw Wednesday?

Leave a comment:

Working...