• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just waiting on Stanley and my work is done for another season

Comment

Originally posted by hellovating View Post
      Just waiting on Stanley and my work is done for another season
      He should be DQ’d and then my work is done for another year.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

He should be DQ’d and then my work is done for another year.
        Wishful thinking, my work is not done yet.
        Last edited by Stanley; 9th-May-2019, 19:23.

Comment

Leinster by 10

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            Leinster by 10
            Completely reckless

I actually think it’s going to be a draw, but gonna stick at my Sarries by 8 prediction and smile gleefully as Garcès is blamed for it all by demedia.

Comment

Completely reckless

I actually think it’s going to be a draw, but gonna stick at my Sarries by 8 prediction and smile gleefully as Garcès is blamed for it all by demedia.

Guess we are all lucky you can only make one choice then.

Comment

Ta an athas orm an corn Seo a ghlacadh.......

That’s for running Hellovating, another star on my jersey. Three cheers for Stanley and all that. Until next year.

Comment

You were close on score differential too
                  "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                    You were close on score differential too
                    Billy should have gone left instead of under the posts for his try!!!

Comment

The narrative in some articles this morning is that Sarries “edged it”. Quite a contrast to the semi-final post-mortem where Munster were “comprehensively outplayed” etc.

In reality I don’t think it was that different. Sarries similarly outmuscled both sides in the second half and their defence suffocated both sides’ attacking games.

Leinster are still a very strong side but some of their stars are, like some of ours, looking a bit tired. They played with good tempo in the first forty but then just ran out of steam. It’s been an Irish malaise since Christmas (wtf did Joe do to them in that warm weather training?).

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                        The narrative in some articles this morning is that Sarries “edged it”. Quite a contrast to the semi-final post-mortem where Munster were “comprehensively outplayed” etc.

In reality I don’t think it was that different. Sarries similarly outmuscled both sides in the second half and their defence suffocated both sides’ attacking games.

Leinster are still a very strong side but some of their stars are, like some of ours, looking a bit tired. They played with good tempo in the first forty but then just ran out of steam. It’s been an Irish malaise since Christmas (wtf did Joe do to them in that warm weather training?).
                        Malaise is a bit strong, this Sarries team is the lucky culmination of a lot of hard work with very talented players.

Irish rugby is leading the way in a lot of regards, All 4 Irish teams are in the HCUP next year, two are in the top 4 in Europe with only one French and one English, no welsh, no Scottish or Italian.

We have more players playing at this higher level than any other country. 3 of the last 4 teams in the league are Irish, no welsh, no Italians.

Our teams are made up of a vast majority of home grown players, we have tested international depth in every position except maybe 4 on the national side.

Comment

Malaise is a bit strong, this Sarries team is the lucky culmination of a lot of hard work with very talented players.

Irish rugby is leading the way in a lot of regards, All 4 Irish teams are in the HCUP next year, two are in the top 4 in Europe with only one French and one English, no welsh, no Scottish or Italian.

We have more players playing at this higher level than any other country. 3 of the last 4 teams in the league are Irish, no welsh, no Italians.

Our teams are made up of a vast majority of home grown players, we have tested international depth in every position except maybe 4 on the national side.
                          The malaise I’m talking about is really just the drop off in form and/or fatigue of our top players this year. We peaked before Christmas. Guys like CJ, Ryan and Furlong look a bit jaded and aren’t making the same impact at the moment. It’s not a systemic issue, and hopefully the summer will rejuvenate them.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

The malaise I’m talking about is really just the drop off in form and/or fatigue of our top players this year. We peaked before Christmas. Guys like CJ, Ryan and Furlong look a bit jaded and aren’t making the same impact at the moment. It’s not a systemic issue, and hopefully the summer will rejuvenate them.

It’s a hard decision to make now for the national side, the season is almost over, how much rest / downtime / holidays do players need and when do they start back and at what intensity before the work cup.

get it wrong by over doing it and the fatigue continues and worsens, get it wrong by under doing it and we risk starting the RWC slowly (which is becoming a tradition for us in all comps) against the Scots who could make us pay

Comment

Ta an athas orm an corn Seo a ghlacadh.......

That’s for running Hellovating, another star on my jersey. Three cheers for Stanley and all that. Until next year.
                              Touche.

Well played, Lawrence, good call.

Comment

Does this mean I automatically qualify for the Heineken Cup next season?

Comment

Working...
                                X