No announcement yet.

Gallagher Premiership 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Sarries players seem to think that the Law doesn't apply to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
      Some Sarries players seem to think that the Law doesn't apply to them.
      Saracens involved in flouting laws.... Colour me surprised
      "If all the wild horsemen of the apocalypse came around the corner O'Mahony would charge straight back at them."
      Will Greenwood

Comment

Havn't they homes to go to.
        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by acskerries View Post
          I stumbled into re-reading Ugo's 2019 Guardian article on the Bloodgate Harlequins farce - the scandal of its day (particularly since it later emerged that Harlequins had perpetrated similar frauds several times previously under that coaching team). With the benefit of 10 years of distance since the event, and the cooling of the passions and emotions that surrounded it, Ugo's 2019 considered reflections quite surprised me. He still seemed to be of the opinion that Williams let them all down. After the club made what Ugo called an unconditional offer of compensation to Williams if he would swallow the 1 year ban ("unconditional" how precisely?) which Ugo thinks was definitely not blackmail, Ugo and some other senior players met Williams en masse to discuss the matter. (Sounds like considerable pressure to me). The club and everyone in it would be better off if all involved kept their mouths shut about the undisclosed real facts and took their punishment. Following those meetings with club management and senior players Williams iinitially accepted the offer, and then went back on his decision. After his whistleblowing, Williams ban was reduced from 12 months to 4. Ugo still believes this was bad form by Williams, dishonest and self-seeking - he should have "taken one for the team". I find it somewhat surprising/ disappointing that Ugo seems still to be hanging onto those views, as if time, distance and maturity have not yet been fully reflected in his view of the morality of the actions all involved in the frauds and the cover-up, including himself as a senior player.
          There is a certain type of rugby person who thinks it's a sign of weakness not to sacrifice yourself to the pack mentality. I've never got it myself - Williams was wrong and was punished but it was his coaches who let him down and, it seems, his teammates as well.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
            There is a certain type of rugby person who thinks it's a sign of weakness not to sacrifice yourself to the pack mentality. I've never got it myself - Williams was wrong and was punished but it was his coaches who let him down and, it seems, his teammates as well.
            It reads like the antithesis of whistleblowing.
            Old boys club and all of that caper...
            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Leicester Tigers building for the future
              https://www.leicestertigers.com/news...d-road-stadium

Comment

I took my kids to a Connacht pre season game against Harlequins in Galway several years ago.
                At the end of the match we went onto the pitch and then to the changing room doors to try and get photos with/of the players.

​​​​​​We found Gavin Duffy chatting with his Harlequins ex teammates. Duffy kindly agreed to a photo with my boys.

As we thanked him and prepared to move on I realised that it was Tom Williams standing right next to Duffy.

I looked at Williams and noticed that he had a small trickle of blood coming from a cut on his shin.

To this day I do not know how I stopped myself asking him "Is that real blood"?

Comment

Jerry Flannery announced as Harelquins new lineout coach (couldn't see this posted elsewhere)

Comment

Great to see him getting back into coaching.... Listening to his analysis on the Baz and Andrews House of Rugby Podcast is always educating..
                    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerburnie View Post
                      Leicester Tigers building for the future
                      https://www.leicestertigers.com/news...d-road-stadium
                      New signing for Tigers - Harry Potter!

PREMIERSHIP CLUB LEICESTER Tigers have confirmed the signing of Harry Potter from the Melbourne Rebels.

Tigers, whose director of rugby is Irishman Geordan Murphy, have also announced the signing of Australian international second row Blake Enever from the Brumbies.

22-year-old Potter can play in the midfield or the outside backs and was born in London before his family moved to Australia during his childhood.

While Potter never got a Super Rugby debut for the Rebels, Leicester have now made the move to bring him back to his native land ahead of next season.

“Harry is a very talented young man who we are extremely excited about adding to our group here in Leicester,” said Leicester’s Murphy.

“At only 22, he has a promising future ahead of him in the game and we are confident he will only continue to improve in our environment, while adding to our club.

“He is as equally as impressive off the pitch as he is on it and in our conversations with him ahead of arriving, he’s shown a willingness to want to be a part of our journey.”
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Magic.

Comment

Meanwhile..

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-un...st-team-squad/
                          Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Latest gossip
                            https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news...?ocid=msedgntp

Comment

Would have thought Manu is on a pretty good wedge and could afford a cut for a season or two. Sad to see a lad who's come up through the academy leaving at a time like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                                Would have thought Manu is on a pretty good wedge and could afford a cut for a season or two. Sad to see a lad who's come up through the academy leaving at a time like this.
                                I agree with you. I like Leicester as a club, although I think Manu has been a bit of a dick”ead over the years- but a very talented guy, and I’m sad to see him leave a Leicester and have nothing to go to (it seems). It’s unclear how long the Leicester lockdown will affect Things for them- but for a side that has struggled financially whilst maintaining their values in the new era, they will feel the financial pain more than most.

Comment

Working...
                                X