Gallagher Premiership 2018-19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ending-splurge

"I won't spend it all in the sweetshop, Granny. I'll definitely put it in my piggy bank", said every kid every Sunday after Mass

Comment

Given most of the English clubs are operating at a loss, some or all of the £18 MN/club will be going straight to their friendly bank!

Comment

Great BP win for Exeter today against Sarries- high point was Owen giving away an extra 10 yards on a penalty for backchat.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
          Great BP win for Exeter today against Sarries- high point was Owen giving away an extra 10 yards on a penalty for backchat.
          I think it was Jamie George the peno was against, he just clarified it to OF as captain.

big win for Exeter,it was neck and neck until salaries had to use their bench then Exeter pulled away, it was reminiscent of our match in the aviva against them for a long time, Exeter attacking and going backwards a lot of the time because the sarry defending was so good.

Comment

Wasps have implemented the tactic of falling off tackles to try and claw back a 10 point deficit with 18 minutes to go. Not to sure it will end well for them

Comment

Sale scored a try against Sarries a few minutes ago that shows how some pretty simple back play that uses nice change of direction and to put best finisher into space pays off.

well worth a watch. Sarries are not playing well.

Comment

And OF managed to eventually get carded for his tackling technique, harshly maybe when you compare it to Cian Healy’s effort last week but hey.

Comment

Eventful game in Sixways where Worcester beat Bath yesterday 21-19 with a converted try nearly 20 minutes over the 80.

Bath had a man sent off after 64 and got three yellow cards in "added time" to end up with eleven on the pitch.

Comment

Premiership Rugby are not fighting with the RFU and are not threatening to break away.
                    Premiership Rugby has moved to dampen suggestions of a rift with the Rugby Football Union after reports the organisation could break away.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                      Premiership Rugby are not fighting with the RFU and are not threatening to break away.
                      Richie (on BBC) says there’s nothing in it...but does throw them a bone- consider abandoning promotion and relegation. The RFU and premiership rugby deserve each other- the English rugby fan deserves neither, and better.

Premiership Rugby head Ian Ritchie has told the BBC it is "right and proper" to look into scrapping promotion from and relegation to the Championship.

But he has rejected suggestions leading clubs are "at war" with governing body the Rugby Football Union (RFU) over the issue, or that changes are imminent.

The Mail on Sunday says Premiership Rugby has threatened to form its own breakaway league if the RFU refuses to end promotion and relegation.

Ritchie called that claim "ridiculous".

The Mail says it has seen board meeting minutes in which club chairmen discussed an "unregulated competition" should the RFU not support their plans.

"You would expect all boards to discuss issues like Premiership promotion and relegation and we've been doing that for some time," Ritchie told BBC Radio 5 live's Sportsweek on Sunday.

"But to be clear as well, we've got an eight-year agreement with the RFU.

"We've worked very closely in partnership with them and we've not put any proposals to them about this yet, and nor have we finalised our own."

The former RFU chief executive added: "What we need to do is consider this further and it's a bit precipitous to say there's a rift between us.

"We work closely in partnership and I believe that's what we'll continue to do.

"We've not started to have any conversations and finalise our views on this so to suggest a civil war is imminent is, frankly, ridiculous."
                      Last edited by jagawayagain; 6th-January-2019, 20:12.

Comment

Geordie Murphy slowly turning the battleship round ( I hope) , couple of decent games and a couple of results might see us make a game of the trip to Scaaaaaarlets this weekend, good luck in your game.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerburnie View Post
                          Geordie Murphy slowly turning the battleship round ( I hope) , couple of decent games and a couple of results might see us make a game of the trip to Scaaaaaarlets this weekend, good luck in your game.
                          I hope so, but I wonder whether the return of Blake a wise move?

Comment

The RFU's attitude is bizarre. They're not willing to compromise on relegation/promotion... because it's their only remaining bargaining chip and they want to be able to concede on it later on. An utterly bizarre organisation.

Comment

Nathan hughes wasps off to bristol ,willie le roux also departing

Comment

Why don't the RFU suggest to the EPL that there should be a Salary Cap per team but the RFU should nominate, say, 30 or so "Marquee Players" whose salaries would be paid directly by them?

Comment

Working...
                                X