Gallagher Premiership 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

Even PRL haven't charged them with bringing the game into disrepute. Is that even a thing in rugby? The broke actual Premiership rules and got punished. They haven't broken any actual EPCR rules so can't be punished.
    As per reports tonight, the RFU are looking at bringing disrepute charges against them.
    "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
      Did the other clubs really agree to share the cost of Salaries fine a few days ago? Or was I dreaming?
      They shared the fine equally between them ya. Exeter donated their share to their foundation.
      "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Originally posted by busby View Post

They shared the fine equally between them ya. Exeter donated their share to their foundation.
        Edit. Thanks busby
        Last edited by ustix; 22nd-January-2020, 08:45.
        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
          Did the other clubs really agree to share the cost of Salaries fine a few days ago? Or was I dreaming?
          You’ve worded that a bit strangely. Just to be clear, they shared the proceeds equally amongst themselves, as some compensation for being regularly beaten by a bunch of cheating bastards over the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

You’ve worded that a bit strangely. Just to be clear, they shared the proceeds equally amongst themselves, as some compensation for being regularly beaten by a bunch of cheating bastards over the last few years.
            I liked how exeter said "given where the money has come from" before they gave it to charity.... they are holding onto that grudge, which I fully agree with considering they are the ones who suffered the most at Saracens hands. TBH I'm amazed a legitimate fistfight didn't break out during their recent match at Sandy Park. I just am.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Thanks Mboy
              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
                What entitles us to see any report?
                The person who wrote it wants it published, so do the people who asked him to write it want to do so, but Saracens are not agreeing.

Comment

Misconduct in breach of the participation agreement.
                  Thanks.

Does anyone have a link to the text of the 2019/20 EPCR Participation Agreement. It isn't on the website. Seems strange that they haven't included qualifying by cheating/misconduct in qualifying etc
                  Last edited by FORWARD....; 22nd-January-2020, 09:10.
                  "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

What ERC rule have Saracens broken? I'm not sure they've broken any.
                    I don't think they have broken any EPC rules per se, but they qualified for the last few seasons by breaching the rules for their league.

Would they have qualified without breaching the rules? I don't think anyone can answer that.
                    Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

This is a great article. Some standout lines:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...old-relegation

The secret of Saracens’ success? It was the creche at the training ground, allowing players to work in a family-oriented environment. It was the microphones attached to players at training to improve communication. It was the team-building holidays to Budapest and Munich. It was the philosophy round tables where the club psychologist would initiate discussions of Descartes. It was the wolves that the then-defensive coach Paul Gustard brought to a team meeting to illustrate the club’s “pack” mentality.
                      Throw in almost £50m of written-off loans and the good fortune of a huge, affluent catchment area in north London, Hertfordshire and Essex, and perhaps you will understand why Saracens’ rivals are less than impressed by the news they have broken the salary cap in each of the previous three seasons and are scheduled to do so again this season by – according to some reports – more than £2m.

This was the real One Weird Trick: not quite as widely discussed, perhaps, and a little less sexy than wolves and Descartes, but perhaps the single most crucial factor in those four Premiership titles and three European Champions Cups.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post

I don't think they have broken any EPC rules per se, but they qualified for the last few seasons by breaching the rules for their league.

Would they have qualified without breaching the rules? I don't think anyone can answer that.
                        You can easily argue that they are so far ahead as as a club that even minus a few top drawer names they'd have still won at least 2/3 of the last 5, and euro qualification would always have been a given. But the real crux here is that the fantastic culture they put such emphasis on was bedded in over the last decade by bringing in experienced world class talent - which they were able to do by breaking the salary cap.

Paul Theroux

Comment

It's up to PRL to nominate their qualifying clubs and how they're seeded, not EPCR, Therefore they haven't broken any EPCR rules by their method of qualification.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

It's up to PRL to nominate their qualifying clubs and how they're seeded, not EPCR, Therefore they haven't broken any EPCR rules by their method of qualification.
                            Surely it's up to the PRL to nominate eligible clubs? They broke the salary cap for the 3 previous seasons, and therefore in my book there weren't eligible to be nominated for those seasons.

Comment

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Surely it's up to the PRL to nominate eligible clubs? They broke the salary cap for the 3 previous seasons, and therefore in my book there weren't eligible to be nominated for those seasons.
                                Again it was up to PRL to decide and nominate who played, not the EPCR. It's not the EPCRs issue that Saracens broke PRL rules, and the fact that they did is PRLs problem, not EPCRs.

As said above by Busby, the odds are they'd have been in the competition anyways as they'd still have been one of the top 6 clubs in England.
                                Last edited by Wallyman; 22nd-January-2020, 16:21.

Comment

Working...
                                X