• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...hip-relegation

Comment

In the Guardian
      Frankly as a Munster fan I have no interest in qualifying for the Quarters on the back of Sarcens being kicked out but how can the HEC be credible if Saracens qualify and go on and win the ****ing thing? (this makes it even more likely since they can now play their best team in the HEC games even if they have to offload a few that will take time) Sarries got there by not following the rules of their own League, so should never have been there in the first place. Seems like other clubs would have a strong legal case saying they should be kicked out of the HEC

Comment

Leicester are saved.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryFitz View Post
          Leicester are saved.
          Tigerburnie will be happy!
          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by HenryFitz View Post
            Leicester are saved.
            The hand of Wray!
            "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
            Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post
              In the Guardian
              Frankly as a Munster fan I have no interest in qualifying for the Quarters on the back of Sarcens being kicked out but how can the HEC be credible if Saracens qualify and go on and win the ****ing thing? (this makes it even more likely since they can now play their best team in the HEC games even if they have to offload a few that will take time) Sarries got there by not following the rules of their own League, so should never have been there in the first place. Seems like other clubs would have a strong legal case saying they should be kicked out of the HEC
              Maybe someone more erudite can confirm, but I don't think anyone from a league different to the three feeder leagues, can compete in the Heineken Cup...
              He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Since they’ve accepted the new fine and pints deduction, can they keep their players until the end of the season? FOcus on the HEC, Premiership is gone, win the HEC and still be in it next season?
                Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Apparently bbc asked for clarification from Epcr and were told no, have to be from the feeder leagues
                  Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                    I think they are fubared..... relegation now looks a certainty.

I wonder how that will feed into their thinking for Sunday's game?
                    Play their strongest side!
                    Feeds into there ‘nobody likes us’ mantra.
                    Probably give Racing a shoeing.
                    english by birth

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post

Maybe someone more erudite can confirm, but I don't think anyone from a league different to the three feeder leagues, can compete in the Heineken Cup...
                      They can win the thing this year and not be in it next year but the whole thing has become ridiculous - all the teams in the group should be given straight wins against Saracens and they should be kicked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                        Since they’ve accepted the new fine and pints deduction, can they keep their players until the end of the season? FOcus on the HEC, Premiership is gone, win the HEC and still be in it next season?
                        Where will they go?
                        All the other clubs are nearly maxed out with regards to the salary cap.
                        Saracens will have to honour their contracts or go bankrupt.
                        If I was a player there I’d see out the season.
                        english by birth

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post

AFAIK, They cant qualify next season even if they win it this season but imagine if they win this years?

Comment

Originally posted by munster by marriage View Post

Play their strongest side!
                            Feeds into there ‘nobody likes us’ mantra.
                            Probably give Racing a shoeing.
                            It was more the players.

Their heads will be all over the place with this. I'd imagine a few have already started talks with other clubs, so I really feel this is a negative for them.

​(​​​​Of course now they'll put 50 on Racing ....)
                            Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

AFAIK, They cant qualify next season even if they win it this season but imagine if they win this years?
                              Even if they win the CC this year, they cannot go into the competition next year. Even the year after they are promoted, they can only enter the challenge cup.

So minimum two years out of the champions cup. And given they are going to lose most, if not all, of their internationals, it could be a long, long time before they get back into the competition..
                              Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Surprisingly for a team who are so together and close they did not choose to take a collective pay cut....

Comment

Working...
                                X