No announcement yet.

Gallagher Premiership 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Munsterboy is ok, as long as he doesn't say the players are fat.
    "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

I don't think even lawry would go that far
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

How is it that Daly knew he wasn’t coming into a clean operation when he signed in February and the investigation didn’t publish anything until November?
        B/C Saracens were under investigation based on years of rumours; looking at that roster, there was no way in hell they were under the cap. Anyone who isn't mentally incompetent could see that these guys either weren't getting paid fair market value, or there was something shady going on. Daly had to have realized this. It would have been extremely unlikely that these guys were all being underpaid by Wray, so that only leaves the shady side stuff, which was exactly what was happening. They got hit with the maximum penalty allowed, so this wasn't one guy's deal took them 10 grand over the limit. They were serial offenders and schemed to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

B/C Saracens were under investigation based on years of rumours; looking at that roster, there was no way in hell they were under the cap. Anyone who isn't mentally incompetent could see that these guys either weren't getting paid fair market value, or there was something shady going on. Daly had to have realized this. It would have been extremely unlikely that these guys were all being underpaid by Wray, so that only leaves the shady side stuff, which was exactly what was happening. They got hit with the maximum penalty allowed, so this wasn't one guy's deal took them 10 grand over the limit. They were serial offenders and schemed to do it.
          It wasn’t reported until April that they were being investigated. If a player didn’t sign for a club based on rumours then there would be no players in the premiership because I’ve heard the same rumours about lots of other clubs, wife’s getting jobs as cleaners and never being there, rent being paid to a brother for a room that’s never used etc etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

It wasn’t reported until April that they were being investigated. If a player didn’t sign for a club based on rumours then there would be no players in the premiership because I’ve heard the same rumours about lots of other clubs, wife’s getting jobs as cleaners and never being there, rent being paid to a brother for a room that’s never used etc etc etc

Sorry bud, I didn't realise the level of ignorance you were coming from. Fair, if the players were as ignorant about this as you then I can see what you mean - it's tough to blame people that lacking in capacity. The bigger question is whether they actually had capacity to sign any contracts or create legal relations like, say a child or a pet dog.

Comment

Lawrence's signature: Click image for larger version

Name:	1e1ca6c03f5c197b82661c93011c7bf3--dog-paw-prints-the-paw.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	2588060

Comment

Twas nice having you around.
                I swear.

Comment

It seems, according to the 42 that the EPL is going to have a new Salary Cap system..

Comment

Sorry if it’s been mentioned before haven’t gone through the thread but has Sean O’Brien played a minute for the not nots yet??
                    \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                      It seems, according to the 42 that the EPL is going to have a new Salary Cap system..
                      By taking three years to sanction Sarries, and the strong possibility that they are still flaunting the cap it has shown how toothless the league is to investigate, confirm and punish the team(s) that are breaching the cap.

They need to equip themselves better to stop breaches happening in the season they occur in, and to have sanctions in place that actually deter clubs because it looks like Sarries have every chance of still contesting both trophies this season even with the financial and league point penalties that have been imposed.

Comment

BBC

Premiership Rugby have announced a "comprehensive review" of their salary cap regulations after champions Saracens were docked 35 points last month.

Sarries were also given a £5.36m fine for breaching salary cap regulations over three seasons.

"The success of Premiership Rugby is based on a group of fiercely competitive clubs who agree to play by the same set of rules on and off the pitch," Premiership Rugby's chief executive Darren Childs said.

"The salary cap has been fundamental to promoting competition since its introduction and, while we continue to apply the existing regulations robustly, this review is designed to ensure that we have a world-leading framework in place for the future."

It is hoped any new regulations that come out of the review, which is being led by former government minister Lord Myners, will be put in place for the 2020-21 season.

Premiership Rugby also confirmed that they were "in active dialogue" with Saracens to confirm the club were complying with salary cap regulations this season.

The European champions chose not to contest their punishment, with chairman Nigel Wray saying the club "made mistakes" and accepted the penalties "with humility".

After five games of the league season they are now on -18 points, 22 points adrift of second bottom Leicester Tigers. What's the background?

Saracens were charged in relation to a failure to disclose player payments in each of the 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons.

The club previously claimed they "readily comply" with salary cap rules and were able to spend above the £7m cap because of the high proportion - almost 60% - of home-grown players in their squad.

Sarries have several of the game's biggest stars on their books, including seven of the 31-man squad that represented England at the World Cup in Japan, such as captain Owen Farrell and forwards Maro Itoje and Billy and Mako Vunipola.

Comment

Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post
                          Sorry if it’s been mentioned before haven’t gone through the thread but has Sean O’Brien played a minute for the not nots yet??
                          No. He was rehabbing from his operation with Leinster up until quite recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post

No. He was rehabbing from his operation with Leinster up until quite recently.
                            Pissing around the place so.

Comment

Rugby 365 are on about the alleged "beefing up " of the Salary Cap Regs.

Comment

Lots of chatter but no action. One Sarries fan said to me that it was very tough trying to rest players back from international duty, catch up on league points and play their best teams for the HEC. He didn't respond to my response that it was 'lucky' that they had such strength in depth.
                                "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

Working...
                                X