No announcement yet.

Gallagher Premiership 2018-19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last week Premiership Rugby’s chief executive, Mark McCafferty, suggested that the organisation could become a billion-pound business within 10 years and there was also a feeling among some owners that CVC’s offer was too low. Ultimately however, losing too much control proved the stumbling block.

That's the problem! Still thinking that pro rugby union in England can emulate Asssociation Football. Dreaming!

Comment

Originally posted by lilleexile View Post
      Last week Premiership Rugby’s chief executive, Mark McCafferty, suggested that the organisation could become a billion-pound business within 10 years and there was also a feeling among some owners that CVC’s offer was too low. Ultimately however, losing too much control proved the stumbling block.

!
      There’s no way the current financial blood loss can continue for a decade- so while IF is survives for 10 years it might be, but realistically that’s a very big IF.

Control has always been a massive issue for them, but an interview on BBC 4 this morning with another of the usual suspects suggested that 275m wasn’t enough for them to give up control. Saying it’s going to be worth £1B, is just trying to drum up a better price.

Comment

Not nice.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...t-injury-rugby
        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Great game in Premiership at the moment- Leicester down to 10 men, 10 mins left, 35-all, big improvement by Tigers since Geordan took over- cmon tigs

Comment

Ten men you say?
            I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
              Ten men you say?
              Sorry - carried away- down to 14, just couldn’t hold out in the end 41-35 to wasps.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Sorry - carried away- down to 14, just couldn’t hold out in the end 41-35 to wasps.
                Quite the battle to reduce to ten! Would have tuned in for that
                I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

Quite the battle to reduce to ten! Would have tuned in for that
                  would have been- as it was it pretty good. Really hope Geordan gets the gig. The more real clubs survive the better!

Comment

https://youtu.be/jOsYdlkotYg?t=69

Murphy has been making a huge deal about this red card. For me (especially with the new guidance/laws) that is an absolute stonewall red. Yeah he's a tall guy, but that's simply not an excuse. He's got it all wrong: late, little arm involvement, followed through.

I know Murphy is new to the Head job, but he was also fairly mouthing off IIRC after we beat Leic at their ground.
                    For me he would be better served as a young coach getting on with it a bit more. He's obviously having a positive impact with their game-plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony View Post
                      https://youtu.be/jOsYdlkotYg?t=69

For me he would be better served as a young coach getting on with it a bit more. He's obviously having a positive impact with their game-plan.
                      And talking up injustice to his side, coping for 40 mind with a man down won’t hurt his chances

Comment

Working...
                      X