Gallagher Premiership 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
    An interesting suggestion on their salary cap for this year is to have several players not listed on the League squad but on the European squad only.
    It’s probably a little late for that.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

It’s probably a little late for that.
      It's later than you think

Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post

That's crap. Would you say same the the same for bank tellers at Anglo Irish? The security guard at Lehmans?

People lower down the food chain assume that those in charge are doing the right thing and keeping within the rules. They are the do'ers of the organisation, the lifeblood of it. They haven't the time, nor the inclination, to worry about corporate governance. Nor should they - it's literally above their pay grade.

As I've already said, I do not like Saracens the institution. I don't like the crap they did with music, and I think their flouting of the salary cap was outrageous.

However, I can divorce the institution from the individuals at a lower level. To be happy that genuine rugby people could lose their jobs shows a staggering lack of emotional intelligence.
        I'm going to stop now because 1. it's objectively demonstrable that this was common public knowledge 2. you're obviously projecting something that has nothing to do with what I've said.

Comment

Saracens can go ****e. Sadly they will get the penalty reduced on appeal. They should have been relegated.
          Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
          http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

I see in the IT today that Saracens are looking to sign Kieran Marmion who is rightfully annoyed at being left out by JS.

Comment

I see in the IT today that Saracens are looking to sign Kieran Marmion who is rightfully annoyed at being left out by JS.
              That has been talked about for a while- can’t see Saracens doing any signing at the moment...

Comment

Gives Farrell time to talk without giving any guarantees
                Gwan Joe!!

Comment

What a piss weak punishment that is - Maybe they should take a leaf out of the NRL over here when Melbourne cheated the cap - Pay back prize money, fined, stripped of all titles won during cheating period, unable to play for points that season and immediately have to be cap compliant

Comment

An interesting suggestion on their salary cap for this year is to have several players not listed on the League squad but on the European squad only.
                    The Grauniad is suggesting that the reverse will happen

"Champions Cup organisers believe Saracens will soon begin deregistering players from the group stage, beyond Liam Williams and Alex Goode, who will not play again until the start of the Six Nations at least. Having lost the hearing, Sarries have to trim the wage bill to avoid breaching the cap again this season. It is too risky to wait until the outcome of an appeal that may not be heard for months"
                    Last edited by Piquet; 7th-November-2019, 15:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

The Grauniad is suggesting that the reverse will happen

"Champions Cup organisers believe Saracens will soon begin deregistering players from the group stage, beyond Liam Williams and Alex Goode, who will not play again until the start of the Six Nations at least. Having lost the hearing, Sarries have to trim the wage bill to avoid breaching the cap again this season. It is too risky to wait until the outcome of an appeal that may not be heard for months"
                      There is no need for them to de register players for Europe because the salary cap doesn’t matter in Europe, they will only do it because of injury.

what they may do is deregister players from Europe to make them more attractive to teams for transferring as they wouldn’t be cup tied. That could be one way of knowing who, if anyone they are looking to ship on.
                      Last edited by lawrence; 7th-November-2019, 15:56.

Comment

Why not just abolish the salary cap?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Fantastic View Post
                          The saracens supporters comments under the video are something else. Delusion doesnt begin to describe the mood.
                          Blinded by so much love.
                          Amazing how many take pride in their club's taking part in charities, setting up a school etc. all funded by a club in massive deficit and only financially alive because their millionaire owner can afford it.
                          Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Originally posted by glorob View Post
                            Why not just abolish the salary cap?

Real Madrid & Barcelona.

Comment

3 years ago a number of Premiership clubs were taken to task over this and it was agreed by all the other clubs that to wash their linen in public would be detrimental for the league and the sport. This was a gentleman's agreement which Saracens stuck their two fingers up to and carried regardless. while they produced many top players which is to be commended after this agreement they began hoovering up the players from clubs who had also produced talent but could no longe keep them and stay under the cap.
                              The costs to the other club is impossible to measure and they deserve everything which is thrown at them.

Comment

The one thing that has come up is "London Weighting". Most jobs in London will have a 20-30 percent weighting due to the high living costs (You may say that this creates the fuel for inflation but that is another days argument). Ashton is a good example he can no live like a King in Sale on the same money as he was getting in Saracens. If this weighting was taken into consideration in the future how much would Saracens be above their Cap?

Comment

Working...
                                X