No announcement yet.

Leinster vs Clermont ..........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna throw in my tuppence worth. I haven't read the 15 pages but this is my honest opinion. Leinster were lucky...but they made their own luck. To hold the defence line like they did in the last 5 minutes without conceding a penalty was stunning. One of the best performances I ever seen (not all plaudits have to go to attacking rugby). Heaslip last night confirmed himself as one of the best rugby players on the planet. Good to in that he's a very genuine decent guy. BOD was nowhere near fit and it was a big risk leaving him on the pitch. Rougerie pasted him twice. Reddan is the best scrum half in Ireland currently. Finally best of luck to Munster today....it will be similar to last night. And I have to say I'm now a Leinster and Clermont fan. Will hope to get there some day. Best supporters I have ever come across. It was a privelage tohost them in the RDS last night.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBalls

I see a lot of posts saying Clermont left 21 points on that field (5 missed kicks and 2 missed drop goals) but not one about how Leinster left a margin of +20 points on that field (Horgan gifting an easy try, Leinster denied a try through foul play, missed kick from Sexton and missed drop goal)</font>

Oh and thats not even including Reddan's claim for a try which looked grounded to me. </font>

So essentially Leinster had 2 tries disallowed in that game (one by foul play, one by TMO unfairly) and Clermont were afforded the easiest of tries.</font>

I mean if your going to talk about how Clermont deserved it because they could of gotten those kicks then surely the same argument could be applied to Leinster who should of got those tries and kicks and shouldnt of gifted Clermont a try.</font>

</font>

Bitter attitudes from posters here.</font>
      you cant be serious,first of all it is a Munsterfans website,although all supporters welcome,but as a recently new poster why pick out the few who are saying Leinster were lucky and Clermont blew it for your comments?.Indeed to see a thread titled "serious respect to leinster " and the number of positive things said about them on that thread shows your post is way of the mark.
      btw here did you go to school?,you should of</span></font> paid more attention in class.

Comment

Originally posted by RED 49
        you cant be serious,first of all it is a Munsterfans website,although all supporters welcome,but as a recently new poster why pick out the few who are saying Leinster were lucky and Clermont blew it for your comments?.Indeed to see a thread titled "serious respect to leinster " and the number of positive things said about them on that thread shows your post is way of the mark.
        btw here did you go to school?,you should of paid more attention in class.

I said I see "A lot of posts" which is a correct and fair statement. I didn't say all posts were of that ilk I said I see that there is quite a few.

Yes I did go to school and am currently studying for Kings Inn to be a barrister, why? Are you suggesting I come across as uneducated? Try discuss my points rather than having a personal swipe at me.

Comment

Yes I did go to school and am currently studying for Kings Inn to be a barrister, why? Are you suggesting I come across as uneducated? Try discuss my points rather than having a personal swipe at me.

BB - this is a wonderful site (although beware sewa - the MF poster who flew over the cuckoo's nest) but it really doesn't pay to be thin skinned around here.

**Edited by scots - BH try and behave today please****

But I was only trying to be helpful toa new poster. [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Since we are expected to speak well of the dead, let\'s knock them while they\'re still alive.

Comment

Blueballs, telling people that you are studying to be a barrister really is just setting yourself up.
            Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

btw here did you go to school?,you should of</span></font> paid more attention in class.

I said I see "A lot of posts" which is a correct and fair statement. I didn't say all posts were of that ilk I said I see that there is quite a few.

i was discussing your point,you chose to pick out the negative comments rather than the positive ones,the positive ones re Leinster far outweigh the negative ones but you chose to highlight the former on a Munsterfans website,why do this?,it only stirs up the same old Munster Leinster crap that is becoming extremely tiresome and boring to people who actually enjoy the game and are sick to the eye teeth of rog v johhny and munster v leinster threads.
              the use of "of"</span></font> in my previous post wasnt meant as personal swipe just a comment on your english.probably should have left it out on reflection but found it funny at time.

Comment

i was discussing your point,you chose to pick out the negative comments rather than the positive ones,the positive ones re Leinster far outweigh the negative ones but you chose to highlight the former on a Munsterfans website,why do this?,it only stirs up the same old Munster Leinster crap that is becoming extremely tiresome and boring to people who actually enjoy the game and are sick to the eye teeth of rog v johhny and munster v leinster threads.
                the use of "of" in my previous post wasnt meant as personal swipe just a comment on your english.probably should have left it out on reflection but found it funny at time.

I'm curious, whats wrong with my english?

Comment

Oh I see, I put 'of' instead of putting'have'.

Well done.

Comment

Oh I see, I put 'of' instead of putting'have'.

Well done.
                    as i said previously should of</span> left that bit out,pity you didnt address the main point of my post.

Comment

Originally posted by ceemec
                      Originally posted by scotscor

Ceemac, what was the story for the CA kicks, they slow

handclapped one, But I only heard them do it for one. Did

they do it for all their kicks or were they shushed out of it?

Was in south stand, right next to a large group of them and

the did if for every Clermont kick. I think most of the

Leinster support was bemused by it and I didn't hear

anyone shush them. They were also generally silent for

Leinster kicks. Their support put us to shame. Out sung us

for 80 minutes. Never seen support like it.

Agree on Clermont, Scots. Will be buying myself a

Clermont jersey this week! Hope they finally win the

Bouclier this season.
                      I agree completely with the above. the Clermont fans were fantastic. They slow handclapped all their kicks and were silent for ours. After the match, although they were clearly gutted at having lost a game they should have won, they hung around, had a few beers and began swopping scarves, flags, etc. I wonder if we would have been as gracious in defeat?
                      Anyway, good luck to Munster today!

Comment

God some Leinster fans are very sensitive. Was at the match last night with a few Leinster mates and to say Leinster got Lucky is an understatment. The boys were loving it afterwards saying that it was the best way to win! Every single Leinster fan who i spoke to afterwards agreed they were haunted to win it absolutely blessed.

So for all the Leinster fans on here getting upset, relax, re-watch the match and enjoy it. If Munster win like that today I'll probably have a heart attach but would love it afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                        X