Recent Quality of Refeering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent Quality of Refeering

How do people feel the refeering is going after the last few weeks?

The Sale game once more had a player sin binned for a stamp. In this case Chabal blatently stamped on the back of a player with his studs in front of the ref. The inconsistency with Quinlan and other instances continues and refs seem to use the yellow too much

They do seem to be penalising pulling down in the line out and collapsing malls quicker and there was another very fast penalty try for a collapsed mall/scrum at the weekend. Cant remember which game.

Any other observations?
    "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

I thought Jutge missed several pullings down by Leicester for instance, which would go against your observations. Being on the end gives you one of the better views of the lineout and I was, so maybe thats it. Of course what you gain in one way you lose in another, for instance I didn't see Cullen putting the boot to O'Gara until the TV version later on due to the same position on the field.
    Hello friends in Brussels. Baldy here

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger

They do seem to be penalising pulling down in the line out and collapsing malls quicker and there was another very fast penalty try for a collapsed mall/scrum at the weekend. Cant remember which game.

I can. [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]
      New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

the chabal stamp was outrageous-has he been cited?
        If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

Originally posted by munsterforever
          the chabal stamp was outrageous-has he been cited?

Already been punished, the ref saw it

Comment

That's the crazy thing isn't it? You can maim a player and get yellow carded and that's it. Ref misses what's going on and the citing can result in 4 to 10 weeks or what ever strange system[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]
            Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

But if you think about it a little more.

Chabal stamped on an Ospreys prop who was killing the ball under the Ospreys posts.

If he hadn't stamped, it would have been

1. Yellow for Hair Bear and penalty for Sale under the posts.

2. Chance to take a scrum against a 7 man O's pack and score a 7 pointer

3.10 minutes with 15 playing 14 at a time when Sale were beginning to get the upper hand.

So although on the face of it, Chabal only got a binning and gave away a penno, it could be argued that Sale lost a lot more than just a forward for 10 minutes.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Yeah but Chabal will be lining out for Sale for their upcoming match's. If the ref had missed the stamp there is a possibility that he would have been cited and missed 4 weeks plus. The motto is if you are going to stamp make sure the ref sees and talks to you or yellow cards you and then it's ok[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]
                Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Think the reffing has been inconsistent this year. Jutge missed Leicester coming in from the side many times at the weekend (not making excuses, Leicester played better rugby on the day), and Changeling made some strange calls in Geneva (I thought Bourgoin should have had the try that wasn't). Similarly in the ML, very inconsistent reffing.

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand
                    Think the reffing has been inconsistent this year. Jutge missed Leicester coming in from the side many times at the weekend (not making excuses, Leicester played better rugby on the day), and Changeling made some strange calls in Geneva (I thought Bourgoin should have had the try that wasn't). Similarly in the ML, very inconsistent reffing.

again, not making excuses but i felt the scrum on their line that he gave to them for turning it (after which POC got penalised for complaining) was a dodgy call. I'll have to look at it again but they totally gave way on one side, when turning it 360 doesnt it have to stay roughly on the same spot as apposed to be dragged back one one side?
                    "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand
                      Absolutely spot on Viigand!

In addition, Jutge didn't penalise Leicester once for their scrummaging - straight and square? Ha! Not once were Tigers straight and square on our put in.

Still deserved to win it though![img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

Trust is good; control is better. V I Lenin.

Comment

Working...
                      X